It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:23 am

Free Newsletter

omg sh- ... total binge =/

What foods do you crave and how do you keep yourself from eating too much.

Moderator: Moderators

omg sh- ... total binge =/

Postby madeline » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:42 pm

ok well that was bad... i don't even know why i did it... :(

3 bega stringers
huge bowl of plain chips
about 7 large chocolate covered macadamias
3 biscuits
glass of creaming soda

Oops. I'm just going to drink peppermint tea tonight... no dinner, to make up for that effort.

urgh. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??? :x

Madz
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby Sassygirl » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:00 pm

Don't beat yourself up over it - it doesn't seem to me that you overate that much - when I overeat a whole packet of Tim Tams goes missing .... :oops: Just get back on track tomorrow and you will be fine :D
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:42 pm

yep michelle is right, just start afresh the next meal and you will be fine :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Fireball » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:51 pm

I love MSG. So I'm also happy with anything that contains it eg Chinese food, chips, savoury biscuits, prepared savouries such as pies. I'm sure KFC has heaps. I also have great affection for chocolates or anything sweet for that matter.

I heard an intersting point raised on a Morning News shows.
Next time you have a treat take notice:
Some favourite foods can trigger that you binge. Avoid these foods until you feel you have your routine and esting under control then re-introduce carefully. If you feel like binging avoid them for a while.
Some foods you can have some, feel satisfied that you had a treat and not binge. Treat yourself with these foods.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Fireball » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:11 am

Madz

I find food with MSG really affects me. I may feel like just having a chip to nibble on but as soon as I've had one I feel like shovelling in the rest. It's the MSG - flavour enhancer "621" - look on the packet. Check those chips it may well be that MSG is stimulating your appetite. That is why manufacturers put it in food.

MSG used to be sold in packets along with the spices in supermarkets. Then it was said to be dangerous - suddenly no longer on the spice shelf. But if you look for 621 on the box/packet of savoury food it is in sooo much processed stuff I think a lot of people would be surprised. It is in the Potato & gravy from KFC - look on the tub lid, I believe it is in the chicken too. In the supermarket it is even in things like seafood extender. I suspect this is a lot bigger problem for obesity than people realise.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:08 am

damn msg- it makes me sick to the stomach- literally
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:55 pm

MSG would not be in kfc as any commercial foods like that have to have clear warning labels on it. Obviously it is in the potato and gravy if it is marked on the packet, but it would certainly be interesting to know if it is in the chook :? .....

MSG has far reaching effects on a lot of people....it is horrible stuff and being with 5 out of 6 of my family being asthmatics I have to read every label and make sure that it is not in any foods that we buy!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Cravings Corner