It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:20 pm

Free Newsletter

Marshmallows and Pringles

What foods do you crave and how do you keep yourself from eating too much.

Moderator: Moderators

Marshmallows and Pringles

Postby Pipsi » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:39 am

I went up the mountains with some girlfriends last weekend and they are all size 6 & 8 and tiny while I'm size 14 and tall..... well I know why! We opened a box of Pringles... I think I nearly ate the whole box. Once you pop you really can't stop - I blame the MSG (cos I don't want to blame me! hehe)

And then they were finished and the girls all said they were full but I was still hungry so I opened a packet of marshmallows and ate half the packet on my own.... one of the girls had just one! I felt like such a big fat pig after that effort - espesh since they are all sooo health conscious!

Anyway I started my 'new healthy life' after this incident - but last night I was at the cupboard preparing all my snacks for today and I still have a container with some of the marshmallows. Well I had to stare at them for ages... I was so tempted. Then the milky ways were next to them.... Up until my 'new healthy life' I have always had 2 x milky ways a day! So I just kept staring.... then I shut the door and walked away!!!!!!! WOOHOO

At the moment (after 7 days of healthy eating) I am trying my best to wean myself off sweets and chocolates by not having them at all - I will go back to them as the occasional treat but I know if I start too early I will go back to my old habits....

PS - Did you know that Pringles are almost 4000 kilojoules per packet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eeek!
Starting Weight - 85kg
Current Weight - 82.5kg
Goal Weight - 60kg

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Pipsi

Postby Ally » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:43 am

Hey Pipsi throw your milky ways in the bottom of the freezer so they are hard to get to.....out of sight out of mind!! With the marshmallows try and put them into individual serving size bags so that you are not tempted to eat so many...if you pull out one bag to have you know exactly how many kilojoules you are consuming...just a thought :wink:

.....and :shock: over the pringles :o
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby sassi » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:45 am

if only more things had msg...i know that's a weird thing to say but i find it easy to say no to things with msg in them because i know it's so bad for me. i've only eaten pringles about twice in the last 10 years!

i wish high fat foods had the same effect on me :oops:
sassi

Postby Pipsi » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:08 pm

Thanks Ally! Putting them into individual bags is a great idea! I've never done that before! If I put 5 in each bag then when I eat them I will enjoy them even more and make them last longer. And great idea about the Milky Ways! Plus if they are frozen they will be harder to eat and I won't need two :D

And Sassi yes I agree - I don't like the sound of msg. Problem is I have no idea which foods have it and which don't!
Starting Weight - 85kg
Current Weight - 82.5kg
Goal Weight - 60kg

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Pipsi

Postby sassi » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:15 pm

hey pipsi - i just look out for the msg number - additive '621' on packaged foods, but i agree on things like takeaway it's so tough :(

congrats on the week of healthy eating - if everything i read is right, then you're already 1/3 of the way to forming a healthy habit :D
sassi

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:22 pm

hey pipsi its sessions like that which we really do take a good hard look at ourselves. its pretty bad that i can eat more pizza than a bloke! lol. take on board the tips you have been given here on the forum :) they will do wonders :)
kate_turner2000

Return to Cravings Corner