It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:30 am

Free Newsletter

TEA

What foods do you crave and how do you keep yourself from eating too much.

Moderator: Moderators

TEA

Postby Bread-Monster » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:35 pm

I haven't had Tea in ages. I quit because i realized I was an addict and it was turning my teeth yellow. I love tea, I still do. I quit last sunday.

I also crave yumcha. I haven't been in so long. :(
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Postby lng86 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:45 pm

I actually went for yum cha the other week.

It can be relatively healthy if you don't order things that are deep fried. Live life to the max!!!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Bread-Monster » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:45 pm

I don't like deep fried stuff, makes my throat sore. The steamed stuff I can't get enough of. I also order the special stuff that I only know the names of in chinese and the tofu dessert thing. The jelly fish is great too, the crunchiness of it all! The yam and turnip cakes, mmmm. Oh god, my mouth is watering thinking of all those delicious steamed dumplings with prawn and chives and the chilli oil to go on top of them...*droollll*
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

Bread-Monster

Postby lng86 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:51 pm

Haha I think you may have a slight obsession! But good choice.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby HappyBella55 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:09 pm

Green tea is good for you lots of antioxidants.

I've never tried yum cha. I don't like the taste of a lot of asian dishes. Don't like how they use oyster sauce and fish sauce - yuk LOL
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby oostevens » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:19 pm

yeah i agree bella, i feel sick after eating Chinese but i ADORE INDIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby ali » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:32 pm

Yeah I dont like Chinese, the boy loves it though so I feel guilty that we cant go there, but he knows I dont like it so he never suggests it :D He's so good to me! Hehe.

I love tea too! Yum! Im really into green tea with citrus atm. Got the idea from others here on the forum. I used to drink peppermint tea which is divine, but apparently green tea speeds up the metabolism so ive switched to that. Im addicted! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Postby oostevens » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:55 pm

there is a place called Tea for Two and its only got tea in it. So many teas, from healthy ones, to flavoured ones, to classic ones.

The man and i went in there and we smelt a heap of them and i felt nausious ha ha stupid tea, but we bought a turkish apple tea, its very sweet and its only these fine sugary stuff that you add water to, tastes like apple.

But they had other weird ones there like chocolate, strawberries and cream, mint etc

Interesting place to go look in :)

Mind you, i found out i cant drink any tea unless its the plain ones, early grey, big cuppa etc, the others make me sick :(
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:33 pm

ewwww at chinese food !!

yuuuuummm to flings ;) and italian and mexican ;)
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:05 pm

Tea CAN be good for you, but the antioxidants in black tea are only able to be absorbed if you have it black (an enzyme in the milk changes it). If you have to have milk, try to keep it low fat and avoid sugar if possible.

green tea is better for you and higher in antioxidants, but still has caffeine.

Rooibos is caffeine free (comes from a different plant and originates in South Africa I believe) and has a natural slightly sweet flavour and doesn't turn bitter if you leave it steeping which I love.

I had to cut down my tea dramatically as I was finding when I worked Saturdays I would get huge caffeine withdrawal headaches!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby shelbel » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:13 pm

Hey have any of you tried licorice tea? Its rather nice :)
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Bread-Monster » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:37 pm

You do know that the actual stuff chinese people eat aren't the stuff they serve you, right? :wink:

In actual fact, they're far blander. They mainly consist of variable dishes of steamed lawn clippings they called vegetables, a bowl of rice, some steamed meat and soup. I use to hate having dinner at my aunty's when I was younger because the food was boring. Now that I'm older, I don't mind it as much. That's because I have discovered the wonders of CHILLI SAUCE. That's right, chilli sauce can make any meal a wonder.
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

Bread-Monster

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:16 pm

I loooove tea :D Black tea with a dash of soy milk, thanks :D I also love Chamomile, and Rooibos. Mm yummy :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby sassi » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:15 pm

green tea with mint is my fave. in the last few weeks i've stopped drinking coffee as much & have gone back to green tea during the day instead. i tried to have an instant coffee the other day at work and only had a few sips - it tasted gross! now i'll just save coffee for the real thing as a treat!

i love yum cha. unfortunately it doesn't always agree with my ibs :( i love all the steamed dumplings & chinese (jasmine) tea. yum!
sassi

Postby Bread-Monster » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:48 am

There's a tea shop in Melbourne in QV central. It's owned by a japanese guy and you can buy all sorts of interesting stuff. I found raspberry tea, supposedly it's good for weightloss, but I wouldn't know, I think it smells great. They also have rose tea and about 20 varieties of green tea.
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

Bread-Monster

Next

Return to Cravings Corner