It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:04 pm

Free Newsletter

I Crave Chicken

What foods do you crave and how do you keep yourself from eating too much.

Moderator: Moderators

I Crave Chicken

Postby Tummygirl » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:13 pm

I dont know what it is but I love Chicken. For me if there was no other meat around other than chicken Id be as happy as a pig in poo LOL It doesnt matter how its cooked i will eat it. my naughty crave chicken is KFC wicked wings :twisted: mmmmmmm yummy
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby SarahC » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:51 pm

Contrary to popular belief, chicken is not a healthy alternative to eating red meat. In many ways, consuming poultry is even worse. The process that takes a chicken from a farm to the kitchen table is a harrowing one filled with opportunities for poisoning.

Chickens are subjected to numerous levels of contamination before they are forced out of their packed cages, dumped into scalding tanks and passed through defeathering machines. At the end of the process, the chickens are submerged into a chilled holding tank, dubbed "fecal soup", consisting of waste and bacteria.

According to USDA microbiologist, Gerald Kuester: "With the advent of modern slaughter technologies there are about fifty points during the processing where cross-contamination can occurr. At the end of the line, the birds are no cleaner than if they had been dipped in a toilet"

Tony Robbins Unleash the Power Within 2007

At the seminar we were fortunate to see a nice visual of the process. I'm so glad I don't eat chicken! :shock:

The taste in the meat is actually uric acid in the animal's blood (you know, what's in urine...). So, next time you're craving chicken, just think sh*t and piss :shock:

Hope that helps!!
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:00 pm

Sa-raaaaaaaaaah!!!!! I love chicken!!!!!!!
Aaaargh!!!! :shock: :shock: you evil girl you!! :lol: :lol:
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Tummygirl » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:21 pm

Lol i couldnt care less about what they do to chicken lol no offence to your research. Im a chef and have read all there is to know about chicken and at the end of the day i still love it. :o :lol: People have eaten chicken for thousands of years so cant see why i should stop now plus red meats bloat me to much so white is the only option for me.
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby loveat116 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:31 pm

SarahC wrote:
Contrary to popular belief, chicken is not a healthy alternative to eating red meat. In many ways, consuming poultry is even worse. The process that takes a chicken from a farm to the kitchen table is a harrowing one filled with opportunities for poisoning.

Chickens are subjected to numerous levels of contamination before they are forced out of their packed cages, dumped into scalding tanks and passed through defeathering machines. At the end of the process, the chickens are submerged into a chilled holding tank, dubbed "fecal soup", consisting of waste and bacteria.

According to USDA microbiologist, Gerald Kuester: "With the advent of modern slaughter technologies there are about fifty points during the processing where cross-contamination can occurr. At the end of the line, the birds are no cleaner than if they had been dipped in a toilet"

At the seminar we were fortunate to see a nice visual of the process. I'm so glad I don't eat chicken! :shock:

The taste in the meat is actually uric acid in the animal's blood (you know, what's in urine...). So, next time you're craving chicken, just think sh*t and piss :shock:

Hope that helps!!

OMG that has totally put me off chicken... ew
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby electrongirl » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:32 pm

oh thats fantastic... I'm supposed to be making chicken for dinner tonight
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Tummygirl » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:51 pm

Its doesnt matter what you eat or what food is in our world there are always bad sides to it. By the time your kids have kids it will be terrible to drink milk because it may give you cancer. That is why i continue to enjoy my life and not worry as much!!!!

Vote 1 Chicken lol Just kidding but i do love it!
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby Schteve » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:43 pm

SarahC wrote:

Hope that helps!!

That is actually rather off putting... lol

Though if you think about it, there are 50 points where contamination could occur for each chicken. If there was just a 0.01% chance of contamination, one in every two chickens would be contaminated, and considering how much chicken we eat a lot of people would be sick if it were a problem. It is why you need to cook chicken well before eating it, cooking the chicken kills any bacteria on it.

Sure makes me regret eating the bread crumbs the raw chicken had been crumbed in when I was younger though. :lol:
Schteve

Postby Jisgone » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:18 pm

i still eat the bread crumbs haha
Jisgone

Ahh

Postby Haylez » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:15 am

I crave chicken really badly too and after reading this post I really want a Crispy Fillet Bacon Mc Chicken from McDonalds.

Ahhhhhhh. I'm glad it's too hot outside, otherwise I'd be walking to maccas.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3VWsLL/]
[/url]

% Body Fat
Start: 36.3%
Current: 35.4%
Goal: 27%

1st mini Goal: 80kg by christmas
Haylez

Return to Cravings Corner