It is currently Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:44 am

Free Newsletter

Mmmm, pizza

What foods do you crave and how do you keep yourself from eating too much.

Moderator: Moderators

Mmmm, pizza

Postby Schteve » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:42 pm

Take away pizza is my biggest downfall. I can quite easily go without any other types of fast food, but always crave pizza about once a week, and more if I have a drinking night with friends.

That wasn't too bad, I figured it was mostly bread and the toppings weren't terrible. But I just looked them up on calorie king and they have an average of around 1500 calories for a pizza! :shock: And close to 100% of your daily saturated fat intake.

Postby invisigirl23 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:58 am

have you tried making your own? if you let me know your fav pizza i'll post a recipe for you with the cal count :)

~~~4.2% of my bodyweight lost / 13% of my goal achieved~~~

Postby *KaTe* » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:14 pm

yUM PIZZA!!!! My boyf and his mates got it last night, is very tempting but I didnt bother with it!

Pita bread pizzas are awesome, and wouldnt be as bad for you as normal pizza!~

Postby SarahC » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:21 pm

The calories in pizza are just unbelievable! I stopped eating pizza after I found that out. Home made is the way to go, particularly with the pita bread base (rather than the bases that they sell in the supermarket). Any you can pick all the low fat healthy options for toppings as well.... yum :)

Postby Schteve » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:11 am

Yeah tried making our own several times, using different things as the bases. The best base was when I made the dough myself using the bread maker, it was great! But... Its just not the same as a big greasy pizza hut pizza. :P It tastes good and all, but it doesn't stop my craving for fast food pizza. I don't know why they're different... They probably put drugs in them or something lol.

Postby Jisgone » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:15 pm

i make my own with pita bread and use light cheese, 97%fat free pepperoni and other yummy stuff :P for a fair sized pizza it worked out to be 442 cals

Return to Cravings Corner