It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Foot Spa = heaven

Tell us how you wind down and regenerate your mind, body and spirit.

Moderator: Moderators

Foot Spa = heaven

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:48 am

I received one of those foot spas as a gift. I know it's not nice to be ungrateful but my immediate thought was 'great...another thing to find space for...i'll never have time to use it...and anyway how good would it be'?

But last night after I'd been on my feet pretty much all day (long walk followed by mad housecleaning followed by throwing a BBQ followed by cleaning up afterwards) my feet were so tired I figured I'd give it a go.

It was fantastic. Warm (just the right side of too hot) water filled with peppermint foot soak bubbling around my feet, some relaxing music on and sitting in my favourite chair for half an hour. What bliss. Afterwards I slathered on some moisturiser and put some socks on to sleep in. This morning my feet felt fabulous...like I could walk from here to Darwin on my own :D

So...I think I've found a new favourite way to relax ... an especially good one if you're a walker or otherwise on your feet a lot.
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:57 am

hi mary i was given one too when i was pregnant and it was so relaxing after working two jobs each day- getting home whilst heavily pregnant and relaxing my feet in the footspa. the only thing is that i wished it was big enough to submerge my whole body in to! haha
kate_turner2000

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:37 am

kate_turner2000 wrote: the only thing is that i wished it was big enough to submerge my whole body in to! haha

me too kate...although I think I might never get out if I did have a whole body spa :D
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby Lolly » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:36 pm

I have one too - got it when I worked in retail and it was my saving grace for a long while.

The only thing was that the kids all wanted a go too - so I got first dibs and when I was done, they got a go :lol:

Might have to pull it out and put some iced water into it because my feet are all swollen from the heat
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby KimE » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:45 pm

Ooh yummy never thought of a foot spa. I know what I am getting for my birthday. Aww that's too long to wait, will have to make it a 3 month maintenance gift. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:28 pm

Mmm foot spa! I gave mum one for mothers day once and she never used the thing!! I used it a couple of times though :D :D

We got our bathroom redone a couple of years ago and got a spa bath put in :D It's not a corner one cos we didn't have room but hey, it's still awesome :D
I never have the patience to sit in a spa for a long period of time though! Although I think I might tonight. Woohoo!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:13 pm

KimE wrote:Ooh yummy never thought of a foot spa. I know what I am getting for my birthday. Aww that's too long to wait, will have to make it a 3 month maintenance gift. :D

You definitely deserve a reward for maintaining your weight Kim.

I really can't believe how good a wee little foot bath made me feel...the one I have has little nodule things on the bottom that massage your feet while the water swirls around...the ancient Chinese believe that there is a spot on your feet equivalent to all of the parts of your body so if you massage your feet properly you're actually healing your whole body...I've no idea if this is true or not but I certainly felt damn fine afterwards and today I've done much more walking than I planned plus a whole load of household chores and gardening that I've been putting off for weeks.

Of course not even a foot spa can make me want to iron. :D
Cheers, Mary

mary_in_adelaide

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:16 pm

Yup, Mary! The "spots" on the bottom of your feet (and on top!) is actually a Massage Therapy modality called Reflexology! There are also points on your hands and ears. It's really interesting to read about, you wouldn't believe how effective people say it is!!!
I'm actually going to be studying Reflexology this year :) I absolutely can't wait to put it into practice at work!!!!

Well done on the lots of walking, gardening and chores :D As for the ironing, well, you did damn good enough I'd say!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Jisgone » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:16 pm

I got a reflexology foot massage as part of my day spa i got for my 21st bday present, i have never been so relaxed in my life! it felt incredible :)
Jisgone

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:26 pm

Ooh really??? Awesome :D I've never had it done but I'm looking forward to studying it so much!
I'm finding out about my Diploma on Monday hopefully! I want to get it all organised!
zeedeveelgirl

Re: Foot Spa = heaven

Postby Phat-Beth » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:56 pm

I also have been slow to get a foot spa, even though I kind of want one, because then I'd have to find space for it. It really does look so relaxing though...

Beth
[
Phat-Beth

Return to Time to Relax