It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:54 am

Free Newsletter

Arts and crafts

Tell us how you wind down and regenerate your mind, body and spirit.

Moderator: Moderators

Arts and crafts

Postby Julz » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:40 pm

I have always liked to do arts and crafts and this is my way to relax. I've done lots of different things over the years from scrapbooking, sewing, cross stitch etc. But recently I have been painting.

I decided to paint some canvases for my son to match his cot linen and they turned out great and I got so many compliments and I really enjoyed doing it. So then I started doing stuff for family and friends, then one day I had a look on ebay and seen others were selling paintings that weren't even as nice as mine. So I started selling my paintings on ebay to finance my hobby, the more paintings I sold the more canvases I could buy. Now its looking like turning into a nice little business. I'm stoked, getting paid to relax!

Does anyone else here like to do any arts/crafts? Maybe some of us will have common hobbies :)
Julz

Postby Dee » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:51 am

I am a TOTAL scrap addict!

Actually I'm in the middle of organising a day long crop to raise money for the Starlight Children's Foundation. All Victorian scrapbookers MUST come!!!!! I'm giving you pleanty of notice, though. Labour Day next year - March 10 hehehehe. Hey y'all can come and have a holiday on the Penninsula for the long weekend and finish it up at Crop for the Cause on Monday.
(Pardon the shameless plug.)

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:33 am

hey julz i also like arts and crafts and have done a few canvas's in the past and scrapbooking but with a little one it trying to find the time and space to do something fiddly. im always checking out the canva's on ebay because i want some butterfly ones for my little girls room and im just too lazy to do them myself hehe.

hey dee, we donate money to the starlight foundation monthly outta my fiances pay check.
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:29 pm

No I have never been into any of that but my mum is she loves doing card making
Chelle

Postby Justjudy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:55 pm

I love anything to do with fabric (in fact I am addicted to fabric :shock: ). I quilt applique, stitch, sew clothes & household stuff. I would like to start doing soft dolls, but time restrictions have stopped me so far. I also have not long taken up knitting, though my Mum tried to teach me 100 years ago.

One day when I win the lotto, I will have the time and the money to do all the crafty things I love. Well a girl has to have a dream I suppose. :lol:

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Dee » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:16 pm

We donate straight from the pay each month too. We don't miss the few dollars - but if ten people donate 10 bucks every month then that's another 100 EVERY month and THAT makes a difference

Dee
[/url]
Dee

Postby KimE » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:47 pm

I love Cross Stitch but have been a bit slack of late. It is so relaxing and I get completely absorbed in it. Love to listen to movies I know really well so I don't have to watch them. Except hubby tells me to shut up when I say the lines before the actors...especially when watching/listening to Star Wars.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:55 pm

LOL kim i do that all the time . Now i have been relegated to the pupasan in the dining room when we watch movies i have seen a million times .
I love longstich cross stich and decoupage . I rarely have the time to do it but when i am rich (lol) i will have my craft room on my house with all the bits and pieces
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:27 pm

aw we all cant wait for our rich days so we can have these cool rooms in our houses!! i know the words to a few movies too kim- not star wars though although we have all the star wars movies, i couldnt really get into them. but movies like titanic, the wedding singer, billy madison, happy gilmore, and the little mermaid (to name a few) mick just expects that im going to come out with the words now hehe
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:42 pm

Kate it's so great to hear someone else who knows all the words to Disney movies too! :lol:

Craft room?? *sigh* Do you mean some people don't scrapbook on their dining tables, clearing the lot off in a mad hurry in order to serve the evening meal? Dreaming of such wonders...

Dee
[/url]
Dee

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:47 pm

*coughs*

"sebastian!!! sebastian ive been looking all over for you, i've got an urgent message from the sea king, he wants to see you right away... ah something about Ariel"

"ah... he knows...."

its a mad rush getting my scrapbooking stuff out when heidi goes down for a nap and then a mad rush chucking it all in the storage crate it lives in when i hear that heidi has woken up! i reckon i burn a few cals just doing that!
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:55 pm

I wanted to name Lydia "Melody", but Andrew wouldn't go for it. Have you seen the sequel?

You should see my lounge at the moment - there's fabric flowers and ribbons all over the place... Scrapping a shabby chic frame for my mother in laws birthday tomorrow...

Dee
[/url]
Dee

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:58 pm

aw wish i could do scrapping more full on, i have done some measly pages and dont have a lot of tools for it.

yeah i have seen the sequel- wasnt as impressed as the original :P lol i still have the original video i got when i was 6 when the movie came out. i had a friend at school whose name was melody- she got paid out quite a bit. i think its a nice name. she got called mel for short :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:45 pm

I got a sizzix machine for my birthday last year. The best prezzie ever!

I've been buying these jars of jam from Kmart just cos Iwant the jars for ribbons and buttons - you knnow one colour in each jar. Everyone in this house is being force fed jam atm... Ironically, I don't eat jam anymore. LOL

I tend to scrap at night after the others are in bed - suffer terrible insomnia anyway so may as well enjoy myself..

Dee
[/url]
Dee

Postby *KaTe* » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:29 pm

Good on you all for being so creative! Its so rewarding making something either for yourself or someone else :D

My mum has been knitting like a trooper lately, doing tiny jumpers for a friend to send overseas to children who need them...She's been doing the best colour patterns, i've told her I want a cardi now!! He he and a beanie! :D

I love scrap booking, think it looks unreal...am soooo addicted to STICKERS!! Ha ha i sware I dont think i'll ever grow up 8) . Am thinking about getting into/trying mosaics...I think it looks so pretty and would be a good challenge. Any one on here do it?

I'd love to make jewellery too, and eventually have an online store on ebay! Will have to look into all these things and try them! Being creative is so much fun, and is rewarding too!
*KaTe*

Next

Return to Time to Relax