It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:22 pm

Free Newsletter

Meditation, ME?

Tell us how you wind down and regenerate your mind, body and spirit.

Moderator: Moderators

Meditation, ME?

Postby Lynda » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:52 pm

Ok, here i am all setting the mood, i am following a book to relax.

First get rid of husband and kids. Done, watching movie on t.v.

Start with a nice relaxing bath, lots of bubbles and candlelight. Done, the bath is so warm, i am enjoying it so much. I get out to dry myself with a nice clean towel i just washed and fluffed up in the dryer, get the pj's on, slip into a nice clean washed sheet bed, turn on my portable cd player to listen to a meditation. The first words are take deep breaths and relax, here i am relaxing taking deep breaths, the cd says you can here the camels coming down to the oasis, i can here the bells around their neck. I'm looking around for the pyramid. THEN WHAM husband jumps into bed takes me away from my wonderful place. Says the movie was boring and asked what i was doing. HE KNEW WHAT I WAS DOING!

Where can you find such a place? Has anyone ever found that place?

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:12 pm

Husband needs kick in the pants. :x But be grateful for the small slice you got. And try to catch it anywhere you can. If you just sit still, focus your attention inwards, close your eyes and concentrate on feeling each muscle in your body relaxing, this can relax you immensely. Also, it can be done anywhere and anytime you can manage. (Learned that as part of a Clinical psych course - relaxation exercises. We had to practice them ourselves in class lying on the floor :shock: )
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Dolly » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:45 pm

You can get your camels and oasis back once your husband falls asleep. Although this time your camels might give off a snoring sound.

Postby hushpuppy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:34 am

LOL at camels .. i am so glad i dont have that to contend with .... but then it wold be my kids jumping in my bed instead
hmmmmmmmmm where is that oasis we al dream of

cheers Jules
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Postby BigM » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:50 am

They say true meditation means hearing silence even when the world around you is loud. It's really hard to reach this state when everything around you seems so noisy, i generally meditate but i don't like the feeling of being confined to a small room. I think if you can clear all your stressful thoughts and block the noises out you're doing a good job :).

Today i sat in the park, not meditating but just looking at stars. It was quite dark but the noise of cars kilometres away could be heard. I don't think you can find perfect silence in the city, there's too much going on.

Postby Lynda » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:11 pm

If i go out at night, (only if i have to) i can see all the stars, the sound of frogs and crickets, it is the most wonderfull thing that anyone in their lifetime would see. Then i start thinking, my imagination goes wild and i start hearing other things, such as werewolves, vampires, just generally anything i don't want to hear (any creature i have ever seen in the movies :twisted: ). My problem is there are no lights for that security and comfort. Give me a small confined room anyday.

Postby Pinkie » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:54 am

Meditation is a fantastic way to unwind and let go. I actually teach meditation and I try and do it as much as possible. It really helps me loosen up, my shoulders get really tense and this really helps. :D
Pinkie xx

Postby BubbleButt » Sun May 13, 2007 10:38 pm

I looooooooooooove meditation and do it as often as I can. I usually tell my hubby to bugger off for an hour or so, although sometimes he meditates with me which is good.

I have been meditating for as long as I can remember and it's kept me sane over those years. I have found the easiest thing for me is to burn some oils depending on my mood and sitting back and relaxing, slowly concentrating on one area of my body at a time and telling it to relax. At the same time I'm slowly blocking out the sounds of the cars and trucks on the main road outside my bedroom window.

Usually by the end of it, I'm either asleep or like jelly and don't want to get up. It's an amazing feeling though, even if it does only last til you have to get up again. :lol:
Created by - Free Calorie Counter

Postby Chelle » Thu May 17, 2007 3:35 pm

That was like me the fist time I listen to a meditation cd. I was in bed listening to an sleep medition as I had a habbit of going to bed at 3am in the morning. I just started the cd I was in my relaxing zone & my husband dicided to keep moving the bed in his sleep tossing & turning I eventually got the dirt's with him & told him to stop moving but in different words & he woke up oblivious to anything

Re: Meditation, ME?

Postby Freddy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:20 am

I used to meditate as well, before I met my wife. She's not fond of me doing it (because she thinks it might stray me from my beliefs, which I cannot agree with) and I just haven't had the time for it anymore since then.

My last girlfriend brought me into it and actually showed me a place within my mind to just exhale stress and inhale peace. It sounds a bit tacky, but it's really how it feels to me. I still wish to convince my wife it's good for me, and claim some time for myself each day.

Return to Time to Relax