It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:50 am

Free Newsletter

"elle mcpherson" 's rant and weigh

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

"elle mcpherson" 's rant and weigh

Postby ELLE MCPHERSON » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:07 pm

This is more like my little blog so I can vent my issues out and have my own record of my progress.
I am starting in at a weight of 102.6 kgs. My ideal goal would be 75-80kgs. I have a set of weightloss targets that I would love to achieve. And they are as follows-

* 95kgs want to have got there in 3 weeks (starting 18/11)
*88 kgs
* 85kgs
* 83kgs
*80kgs
*under 80kgs
ELLE MCPHERSON

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:12 am

Hi, welcome aboard Elle!

Your goal of 95kg in three weeks is pretty high - that's an average of more than 2kg per week! Weight loss is best done slowly, for the best chance of KEEPING the weight off long term. It's usually recommended that you aim for 0.5-1kg per week, so I reckon 3 weeks to get under 100kg is probably a more sensible/achievable goal. but, by all means aim high :)

Best of luck!
Mandie

Postby ELLE MCPHERSON » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:32 pm

By aiming high, it gives me more motivation to get through this. If I settled for losing 0.5-1kg a week I really wouldnt be trying hard enough.
ELLE MCPHERSON

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:44 pm

It's always good to aim high, but the reason why many weight loss efforts fail (in fact, 90% of those dieting will put the weight back on - and then some.. hows that for a scary statistic!!) is because people go too hard - lose weight really fast with very restrictive diets and massive amounts of exercise.

Then, as that is not really sustainable, when they return to regular patterns of eating, their "starved" metabolism is still just as slow as before - maybe more so if you were more focussed on restrictive eating rather than exercise, and you gain the weight back.

The idea behind slow weight loss of 0.5-1kg per week is that you are not on a diet, and you are just making lifestyle changes - healthy eating habits, the odd reward (it's what you eat 80% of the time that counts) and regular exercise. The exercise speeds up your metabolism and ensures you don't end up with saggy skin.

After this, you need to be on maintenance - so continuing to eat healthily (hopefully by now, a habit) and doing regular exercise, and that is the way to keep weight under control.

If you have a look in our maintenance section, you'll see some inspirational girlies who lost a lot of weight - slowly - but have now maintained their new lifestyles and weights for months! (see zeedevelgirl, butterfly_dawn, and everyone else there!)
Mandie

Postby tiffany » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:38 pm

Hey Elle! I love the fact that you are setting those small goals instead of "builing Rome in a day!" Keep up the good work and know you can do it! Ive lost 10 Kilograms so far on my program and looking foward to losing more!
Stay at home mum and loving it!
Tiffany

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlQNajj/]
[/url]
tiffany

Return to Weekly Weigh In