Moderator: Moderators

Postby losebabyfat_2005 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:56 am

52.7kg

300gm this week

~Keep going everyone you CAN do it!~

tanya
losebabyfat_2005

Postby Dolly » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:16 am

Gosh Tanya, that is light. How tall are you may I ask?
Do you have trouble staying on maintenance?
Dolly

Postby Kyles » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:01 pm

Hi there,

This week down to 113.4kg - loss of 1kg for week...

I think everyone should be proud of their losses this week. After watching the weigh-in on Biggest Looser last night and seeing that after a week of gym training 4 hours a day, alot didnt even lose a kilo. I know that you put on muscle but they should still be loosing more than that especially in their second week...
Kylie : )

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wz9V01c/]
[/url]
Kyles

Postby losebabyfat_2005 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:09 am

I am 156cm (5ft 1.5 inches)

Yes i am having trouble maintaining my weight. This week i had takeaways twice and it help me put on weight or at least stay at what I was last weigh in. I find that I'm still in the dieting state of mind which I can break out of sometimes. But I'm finding it hard working out how much to eat as I still exercise a lot. I find that what calorie calculators say for how many calories to eat is quite a bit over how many calories I eat a day and don't think I could possibly eat all that food.

Can anyone help me?

~Tanya~
losebabyfat_2005

Slowing down your weight loss

Postby Ed » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:25 am

Hi Tanya,

congratulations on your successful weight loss.

As you are probably already aware, your Body Mass Index is right in the middle of the healthy normal range, so your goal now should be to slow right down your weight loss and move into a maintenance phase.

Just like the weight loss phase, this maintenance phase will require a bit of experimentation to find out exactly how much exercise and what sort of weekly eating habits will help you maintain your healthy new weight.

If you are still losing weight and you don't want to, start making minor adjustments to your exercise and diet regime.

With regards to exercise, start reducing your workout times slightly or add another rest day to your weekly program.

With regards to diet, start adding back healthy calories where possible and start enjoying some foods that you like that have been "off limits". Just be careful about adding too many of these too often.

Another important thing to do is to change your goal from reaching a certain weight to maintaining a healthy weight range, say between 50 and 55kgs for example.

Most importantly, be very careful not to continue trying to lose weight beyond what is considered healthy (anything lower than a weight of 45kgs is considered underweight for your height).

In addition, don't panic or over-react if you put on a kilo or two by reducing your exercise and adding a few extra healthy calories into your diet. Just make some further small adjustments the other way until you learn how to keep your body around the middle part of your healthy target weight range.

Hope these thoughts help and please let us know how you go and what you discover works for you.

Ed. :D
Ed

Postby emma21 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:49 pm

Dont ask me how, but this week I have managed to go from 99.5kg to 98.2kg (1.3kg loss).... I think it will be interesting at next week's weigh in....

Emma :)
emma21

Previous

Return to Weekly Weigh In