It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:45 pm

Free Newsletter

MADGIC'S WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

MADGIC'S WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Postby madgicsh » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:07 pm

Hi all, :lol:

I'm a newbie, 8) and need all the help I can get. :roll: After a two year 'holiday' from the healthy lifestyle I am back on the straight and narrow - with ONLY 30kg+ to lose! :oops:

Last Tuesday, January 1, 2008 - I weighed 98.5kg - HOW DID IT HAPPEN?? :evil: :evil: :evil:
Madgic1
HW 110kg
LW 62kg
GW 65kg
CW 80.5kg

Exercise hurts less than looking in the mirror

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTlMxqm/]
[/url]
madgicsh

Postby Fiona25 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:02 pm

Have you lost weight this last week?

You will get there, one step at a time. Try not to look at the bigger picture or it becomes too hard and too overwhelming.

Just think that you have to lose 5kgs to lose 6 times over and take each 5kg one at a time, you can do this :D
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby madgicsh » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:27 pm

Hi Fiona - what a great way to think of it! :lol:

I have been a very successful dieter in the past, but with an embolism (lung), foot surgery and a dreadful year in 2007 - parents in law killed in a motor vehicle accident, my old dog died, my horse was killed by a snake - I lost focus big time! :x

I have suddenly looked in the mirror and wondered what on earth I was thinking. :oops: We are having a wonderful 9 week holiday overseas in August / September and I am DETERMINED to look good and feel good for the trip. 8)

My big behind waddling around the National Parks of the USA and Canada would not be a good look. :oops: :oops:

Thanks so much for your encouragement, I really need it. :lol:
Madgic1
HW 110kg
LW 62kg
GW 65kg
CW 80.5kg

[/url]
madgicsh

Postby mummy2three » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:26 pm

Hi there,

Congratualtions on taking the first steps to changing your life :D.

I know exactly what you mean when you look in the mirror and and say "oh my god, where did all that weight come from?" like it just happened overnight :lol:.

What's important now, is you've acknowledged you need to loss weight and have taken charge! Good on you, all the very best with your journey. Like Fiona said, one step/one kilo at a time. A loss is a loss and you'll be striding through the US national parks in no time :wink:. Lane xo
On a mission to return to 'PRE-BABY' glory days!
My loves Frazer 8, Clay 7 & Harper 2

mummy2three

MADGIC'S WEEKLY WEIGH IN

Postby madgicsh » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:09 am

Oh Yay! :D At the end of week 1 I had lost 3.2 kg!! :lol: Maybe that's why I have been on so many diets? :oops: You gotta love that first week! :roll:

Now it's just down to drudgery for the next 31 weeks until I leave for OS - a long time but it does give me the time to lose 31 kg sensibly. 8)

You guys are great, thanks for all the encouragement - I really need it. :)

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get one of those cool counter thingys at the bottom of my weigh in! :roll:
Madgic1
HW 110kg
LW 62kg
GW 65kg
CW 80.5kg

[/url]
madgicsh

MADGIC'S SECOND WEIGH IN

Postby madgicsh » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:18 am

And I CAN'T figure out how to post my ticker onto this website; :oops: if anyone has advice on that PLEASE let me know. :lol:

I've done the ticker, just don't know how to make it appear here. :?:
Madgic1
HW 110kg
LW 62kg
GW 65kg
CW 80.5kg

[/url]
madgicsh

Postby sassi » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:37 am

hey there - this thread should help:

http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=865

:)
sassi

congrats

Postby cecilia89 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:00 pm

good on you! and i must say i love your signiture that i just may have to steal it!

exercise hurts less than looking in the mirror! so true! ever time i groan about goign for a walk, i'll think of that!

have a great week
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7rRb20/]
[/url]
cecilia89

EXERCISE HURTS LESS THAN LOOKING IN THE MIRRO

Postby madgicsh » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:19 am

Hi Cecilia

You're welcome! :lol: That was prompted because I had surgery on my left foot last April, and have gained 17kg since! OUCH!! :oops:

But really, I'm just cheap - I have a wonderful size 10-12 wardrobe that won't fit me, and I want to get back into it. :roll: Somehow there's not much incentive to buy great clothes in size 18-20. :twisted:

Buckle down girls, those fashion labels are waiting! :lol: :lol:
Madgic1
HW 110kg
LW 62kg
GW 65kg
CW 80.5kg

[/url]
madgicsh

NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO TOMORROW!

Postby madgicsh » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:54 am

I've been good, really I have, but my weight this morning was UP 0.3kg.

I have walked at least half an hour every day (on bitumen, in 35 degree heat), used my rowing machine for 15 minutes a day, and scrupulously counted every calorie using the Calorie King software; I am averaging just under 1200 calories a day.

Building a bit of muscle + water retention, I guess? My jeans are looser (she said hopefully / pathetically).

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

How's everyone else going after the weekend? I always come unstuck on weekends if I am going to come unstuck, but this time there's NO turning back.
Madgic1
HW 110kg
LW 62kg
GW 65kg
CW 80.5kg

[/url]
madgicsh

Postby Fiona25 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:01 am

You have to eat more calories hun! Sounds crazy but it works :shock:

Thanks to this forum I have recently learnt that:

* Eating less that 1200 calories a day not only slows down your metabolism, but makes your body think its not getting enough food, so it holds onto what it can.

I was eating 900-1000 cals a day and had a major plateau. This last week I have changed my cal intake everyday hoping to trick my body, i've bascially gone 1200, 1500, 1300, 1800, 1200, 1300, 1400 etc and I lost a whopping 900 grams (huge for me :)) this last week! Prior to that the previous week I only lost 200 grams on VERY low cal and intense exercise.

You're doing great on the exercise but definitely up your cals (good ones like fruit, veg, lean meat etc) NEVER eat less than 1200 cals a day.

Fiona25

OH YAY! I LOST WEIGHT!!

Postby madgicsh » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:40 am

All that panic for nothing :oops: - I weighed in this morning at 94.8kg, 700g lighter than last week. Phew! The pressure is off for another week. :lol:

WOW! Fiona, so close to goal 900g is great! Keep up the good work and for heavens sake, DON'T leave us when you reach goal - Please? :cry: :(

I know what you mean about eating more; I am using Calorie King so what I am showing is Nett calories after exercise is deducted. In gross calories I have never gone below 1400. :wink:

The theory is that you can trick your body into believing that it is a time of plentiful hunting (we ARE hunter/gatherers, after all) - if you convince your body that the hunt is good it revs up your metabolism. :lol:

On the other hand, too few calories tells your body to go into survival mode (drought or famine) and conserve resources - so down goes the metabolism! :(

:idea: I try to eat something six times a day; three big meals and three little ones, often just 100grams of yoghurt. :idea:

I think my problem this week was a false low last week - 3kg in one week just isn't very likely. :roll:

Good luck to all, keep the results coming. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Madgic1
HW 110kg
LW 62kg
GW 65kg
CW 80.5kg

[/url]
madgicsh

Postby Mandie » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:46 am

it's probably a bit of water, bit of muscle building, bit of who knows? our bodies fluctuate so much day to day that even weekly weigh-ins are not likely to be accurate. what you want to see is a trend over time - you want to be able to look back at your last couple of months and see an overall downward trend! which you can do :) so don't worry so much about the number week to week - you'll never figure out how that works, i know i haven't!

best of luck :)
Mandie

CHEAP THRILL FOR THE WEEK

Postby madgicsh » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:09 am

You are SO right Mandie; :wink: I am a compulsive weigher, but I have enough sense to know it means very little. :oops:

However, yesterday I had my cheap thrill for the week; I took my jeans off to have a bath - buttoned and zipped! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Goodbye, size 18 - they are in the bin and I'm in the 16's. :D OK, nothing to boast about, but at least it's down! 8)
Madgic1
HW 110kg
LW 62kg
GW 65kg
CW 80.5kg

[/url]
madgicsh

Postby Fiona25 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:53 pm

Pulling your pants off all done up and dropping a size is PLENTY to baost about, well done!

Congrats on your loss! 3kgs in one week is a lot, so its normal to have a smaller loss the following week.

Don't worry, when I get to goal, I aint going anywhere, you can't get rid of me that easily :twisted: :lol: I'll need this place and all you guys to keep me at maintainence :D

Oh and great going with the calories :)

Fiona25

Next

Return to Weekly Weigh In