It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:12 am

Free Newsletter

Weigh-in for Wilmawalrus

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Weigh-in for Wilmawalrus

Postby nutzy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:32 am

Can't you make sure you don't have any chocolate in the house? It's so much easier when it's not there to munch. When I first started dieting and the will power was starting to wane, I made sure there was nothing in the house that I could possibly eat that was remotely tempting. My family was very supportive in that they did not bring in crisps and choccies or coke, anything that would get the saliva glands working and if they did, they hid them and ate them out of sight. I guess it's not so easy when you have young children though. Anyway, you've done fantastically well so far - good for you!!!

SW: 76kg (08/07)
CW: 60.2kg (21/05)
GW: 55kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woT3JnX/]
[/url]
nutzy

Postby anthony88 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:37 pm

yeah it would be heaps easier if u have no chocolate or fatty foods in the house.. but its hard when you live with your healthy skinny family who enjoy these foods in modoration.. its so tempting when your feelin down
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w14PlL0/]
[/url]

My First Goal is to be under 110kg reward=gym membership
Christmas '08, i will be under 100kg (BRING IT ON)
~~**IM NOW EATING TO LIVE, NOT LIVING TO EAT**~~
anthony88

Postby wilmawalrus » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:37 am

Yes, our fridge is generally temptation free for that reason....I've been fine this week, and most of the time it can be in there and I'm not tempted. I mostly put it down to TTOM :(

I just wish the rain would stop so I can get out there and walk to consolidate being back on track eating wise.

Thanks for your support.

Lisa x

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby wilmawalrus » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:37 am

Plateau again - but I know the reason why (picnic yesterday) - so I didn't eat dinner (if I had, I'm sure it would have been a gain :? )

Oh, and the other reason - virtually no exercise (I was working like a maniac this week) - and it's not likely to change as school holidays have started and it's all about keeping the six year old amused (I can probably get her to take the dog for a slow amble, but she's not into power walking, sadly)

Anyhoo, not too worried (it's not a gain) so will just keep chugging away and no more pig-nic blowouts with french champers, cheese and BBQ chicken (it was nice though :D :D )

Hope everyone has a great week and lots of losses!!

Lisa xx

wilmawalrus

Postby Tarz » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:03 am

Hi Lisa,

Does the little one like riding? You could find a bike track somewhere she can ride at a pace that you can power walk. It'll keep her amuzed. Just a thought.

Tara
Tarz

Postby ~Rose~ » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:58 am

Hi Lisa,
I can sooo relate to the school holidays thing, exactly why my week's been alittle off also. I realise 6yr is probably alittle young still, but maybe an idea for down the track alittle is what I do with my two (7 almost 8 & 10) they rollerblade while I walk, it's a great way to keep up the walking pace, trying to keep up with them lol and then enjoy it :D Or I see other mums around here with the younger one's all padded up on scooters as well. Just some ideas :)
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby wilmawalrus » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:59 am

Yes, bike riding/walking would be good - if the weather improved!!!! It's been raining most of this week so far. Hoping for some improvement before the weekend.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Lisa xx

wilmawalrus

Postby wilmawalrus » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:02 am

Another week - another plateau (sounds better than "no loss" :? )

A combination of virtually no exercise (due to crappy weather more than anything), probable TTOM and various small acts of self-sabotage (wine, chocolate, couple of meals out). I'm a bit de-motivated at the moment, but I just have to keep reminding myself - IT'S NOT A GAIN!!!!!

Can't wait for next week with my daughter back at school - a bit of time to get organised and hopefully get back into proper exercise.

Hope everyone else's weigh-in's are positive (I need the inspiration!)

Cheers, Lisa x

wilmawalrus

Postby tania2573 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:52 am

Hi Lisa you are right a plateau is better than a gain. Sorry to hear you have had bad weather that is stopping you from exercising.Good luck for this week.
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby Tarz » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:02 pm

Lisa,

Don't stress about the plateau, like you said its not a gain! And you haven't been able to exercise. I know how bad the weather has been so your excuse it acceptable. Plus your little one is on school holidays making it more difficult again. Just think, once you are able to get back to exercise you'll shock your system enough to have a great loss. You just need to hang on that little longer. Your doing great!
Tarz

Postby wilmawalrus » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:59 am

Thanks for the positivity Tara - it really helps!

Hey, will you hit your mini goal in time for Fiji? Fingers crossed - and hope you have a fantastic time. I'd love to be flying off to sun and sea after this miserable weather!

Cheers, Lisa xx :D

wilmawalrus

Postby wilmawalrus » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:09 pm

FINALLY !!!!

Only 500g but it's a loss - yippee!!

Ok, gotta confess I weighed in a day early (Sunday) as we had friends over for dinner on Sunday night, but I did get a few mini-walks in, and tried to rein in the alcohol and chocolate.

Back on track this week - fine weather (a bit cold though), so I've walked today, and will try to make further progress.

Hope everyone has a great week !!

Lisa xx :D :D

wilmawalrus

Postby Cac33 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:19 pm

Half a kilo is a great loss! Now your officially past the half way mark too! Well done :D
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby ~Rose~ » Sat May 03, 2008 10:23 am

500g is good Wilmawalrus and its in the right direction, great job :D
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby tania2573 » Sun May 04, 2008 10:11 am

WD Lisa 500 g is excellent.Nice to see better weather.Good lcuk for your next weigh in :)
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In