It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:55 am

Free Newsletter

Hayles' Weekly Weigh In

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Hayles' Weekly Weigh In

Postby ForMe » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:06 pm

Hi All

Well, my weight loss journey has begun this week. I'll make Sundays my weigh-in; like some others, that helps me keep a lid on the weekends. I've lost 1kg according to the scales and I'm very happy with that. I've got a roast chicken dinner in the oven cooking for the family, and I've used no added fat at all, so I am really looking forward to it.

I am back to work tomorrow after nearly 2 weeks off with pneumonia so I'm a bit apprehensive but trying to view it all as progress. My period of sickness has certainly helped me get off my butt and do something about my general unwellness and I feel really motivated. Next step is to join the local gym once I recover a bit more. I've already been down to see them and now just need to make the next commitment.

Looking forward to seeing how everyone else is going.

Hayles
xx
ForMe: Hayles
ForMe

Re: Hayles' Weekly Weigh In

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:24 pm

Well done on the loss Hayles!

I hope you're feeling better soon so that you can join the gym and show us all what you're made of :D
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby ForMe » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:47 pm

Thanks Fiona
I enjoyed my dinner even though it was interrupted by an argument between my partner and his 17year old daughter. Instead of wolfing it down over the yelling I put it aside and heated it up an hour or so later once everyone had calmed down and peace was in the house again. I was damned if I was going to let anyone or anything spoil my dinner tonight!

They argue quite a bit and it does upset me but I am learning that you can't be the peacemaker all the time. I keep encouraging them each to find ways to talk about things rather than argue but its an uphill battle! They are both so alike when they argue with each other and can't see it at all. Thankfully, my partner and I very rarely argue. I guess our separate life experiences has taught us that its just not worth it but I wish he could open up more with his daughter and find a way to smooth the upsets. Motivated change is possible in all areas of life and we are all proving that right here!

Hayles
xx
ForMe

Postby milkyway » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:14 pm

Off to a great start Hayles. Congrats on the weightloss.

I am glad you finally got to enjoy your roast chicken dinner. 17 year old girls and their fathers. eh? I think we all know a little bit about that!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby ForMe » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:08 pm

This psot should probably go into Confessions but here goes. Well, an impromptu chinese meal last night and my second weekly weigh-in this morning and what do ya know?! Back up to 79k my starting weight! My only solace is the idea that it was the high sodium and water retention that mucked me around. Deep down I know it was more than that.

During the week I had a little weigh-in peek on a few days and it was looking positive and I was feeling lighter and then what have I done, stuffed it all by going the Chinese instead of insisting on the Italian. I was just so pleased that my partner had asked me out for dinner in any event but I should have gone with my instincts instead of giving in to what he "strongly suggested" ie the local chinese - it's stodgy and oily and I just knew I shouldn't have been there. And I suppose that I just gave in to the banana fritter and ice cream after a few glasses of white! I never usually eat dessert in the past. I don't know why I did it. I was so full at the end and so was he; I couldn't wait to get my jeans off when i got home, and not for any romantic notions, they were just so tight around my waist it was killing me! We both laid on the lounge to watch a movie and were both asleep before the first ad break. Great for weight-loss, eh? The beautiful local Italian was booked out and we would have had to drive a few km's to get to the other decent Italian, but I knew they would have a much better choice for me, lovely salads and light pastas etc. I don't even mind watching the big cheesy pizzas coming out of the oven if I can at least enjoy the aromas while munching on a salad without dressing!

Oh well, first lesson learnt. I haven't even changed my ticker yet I am so disappointed but still smiling cause I know there's a long road ahead and no room for self-pity. Back on the bike today. Feeling much better and ready to join the gym at the end of the week. That has to make a difference!

Sorry to be a big failure this week. Onwards and downwards!

Hayles
xx
ForMe

Postby ForMe » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:56 am

Hi everyone
Just an update after Sunday's weigh-in. Hopped on the scales on Monday morning and I was just under 78k. Made me feel not like a total failure. Up and down, sodium, fluids, whatever it is, I know I should only be concerned about the long term loss. I've been working such long hours its been a challenge to keep up the count but have managed to keep it real. Have only half caught up with everyone but I must go get some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's before up at 515am again tomorrow for more commuter pain. I worked till very late tonight but i will work from home on Thursday and Friday this week and do some more catching up. Hope everyone is feeling good. Tam you seem so happy, I will have to check back and see what you are smiling about! :)

Hayles
xx
ForMe

Postby shokoden » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:59 am

You are sounding really motivated at the moment, hope this week is a better one for you.
shokoden

Postby Caramel Swirl » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:24 am

Keep going Hayles!! 1kg down - your on your way! :)

We have around the same amount of weight to lose so we can motivate one another!

My first weigh in is tomorrow morning - starting weight of 78 so will be stoked if I lose 1kg too :D
Caramel Swirl

Postby ForMe » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:12 pm

Hi everyone, I am gonna cheat a bit and change my ticker today cause I weighned in this morning and I am 77kg on the nose. I need a bit of animated motivation after Sunday's weigh-in when I was back at the start at 79kg. Plus its TTOM today so I am really pleased that my work is showing even through that. My scales are very old and I can't really see anything but the main markers of KG. I intend to get a more accurate pair when I can afford them.

CS - thanks for your comments - I posted on yours too.

Hayles
xx
ForMe

Postby big_love » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:04 pm

Hey Hayles,

Good work!!! I'd change my ticker too :D ...I like to keep everyone in suspence though :wink: :P Your doing really well and you'll be at goal in no time! :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Postby ForMe » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:32 pm

Hi Everyone

Sunday weigh-in this morning and I have lost another kilo. 3 kg loss in about 3 weeks, so I am very happy with that. I have not been too strict and even had a couple of pieces of pizza last night. I won;t let it go to my head though and back to counting properly today.

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping motivated.

Hayles
xx
ForMe

Postby wagirl » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:57 pm

Hi Hayle's
3kg in 3 weeks is great, they say the slower you lose it the less chance you have for putting it back on.(which is my problem)
Well done!:D keep it up.
wagirl

Postby ForMe » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:26 am

Hi everyone
feeling pretty good this week. Lost 1.5kg this weigh-in. Still using the old scales but I can see between the markers if I wipe my glasses first so I'm taking the half!
I have found that I don't have time to write my food intake in my food diary and count cals so I have just stuck to everything I know about healthy eating this past two weeks and it seems to be working. I am still having the odd glass wine and this morning I had a lower fat sausage on the barbie. We used to have sausages and bacon and eggs every Sat and Sun morning on the barbie. That was one of the reasons I had put on the kilos in the past year. For the past 5 weeks I have just had an egg, a piece of toast with extra lught philly and 1 piece bacon with all the fat cut off, but this morning I decided to have a saussie as well. I didn't really enjoy it, but its part of the experiement, eh? I don't want to agressively diet because I end up losing the plot and feeling so deprived and I don't stick to it anyway. This time I have been able to moderate my food intake, choose the healthy stuff and I have not had a major disaster yet. I'm not using butter, passing on the frieds (except once last week), nothing too naughty, choosing low fat over full fat, etc. I'm happier doing it this way and I feel I am seeing the results that will keep me motivated as well to keep going to my goal. I am ashamed to admit that I haven't exercised yet but my hip has gone out this week - does it about 4 times a year - and I am quite crippled over with it, so I can't see exercise on the plan this week either.
My better food choices are becoming more of a way of life rather than a diet. I am still waiting for family or friends to comment on my weight loss. Must admit though I am still wearing pretty baggy clothes so I guess you can't really notice. I notice cause I am in my own skin and know there is a difference. I asked my boyfriend on Friday had he noticed I had lost weight and he said, "Yes but I am reserving my judgment." Not sure what that means, maybe he doesn't want to put pressure on me. That's OK. Once I have reached my goal I will insist on a compliment! Instead of a box of chocs.

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling motivated.
Hayles
xx
ForMe

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:42 am

Great work Hayles, 1.5kgs is a GREAT loss :D

If you want a lower fat option for a barbie than can I suggest a few things?

1. Weight watchers bacon, pretty much fat free and being meat carb free and it tastes great!

2. Soy sausages instead of meat. They taste pretty good and low carb and only about 3.5 grams fat per sausage. You could even have 2 :D OR get the skinless gourmet sausages from woolies. Sure, they don't taste as good but less than half the fat as normal sausages!

I'm sure your weight loss will be noticed in no time :D
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby MagicGirl79 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:38 pm

Well done on dropping 1.5kg's this week!!!

Another suggestion for the sausage situation - our leader at WW told us that Coles & Woolies both sell Kangaroo sausages and they're very low in cals compared to normal sausages. I personally have never tried them, but if you're keen for a sausage you could give them a go and still keep your cals for the day down.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll figure out lots of food swaps like that so you can continue to enjoy everything you eat, but in a different variety.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Next

Return to Weekly Weigh In