It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:21 am

Free Newsletter

Hayles' Weekly Weigh In

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Hayles' Weekly Weigh In

Postby ForMe » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:44 pm

Thanks Fiona, good suggestions, I will have to try them next weekend. I don't mind the meat substitutes that are made of soy so that might really be worth a try. I actually really love tofu but the way I used to like it is not too heatlhy, sort of cut in cubes and pan fried in some oil. I might be able to do that with just a spray of the spray oil and see if its good that way. i like it with heaps of fresh vegies and rice. Trouble is I would be making it for myself because I can't see anyone in my relatively new step-house even trying it. That's half the battle. I like trying new things or new ways of cooking myself. Being the main cook too, there are always noses hanging around me in the kitchen and either being turned up with a "What's that" :| sort of look, or a "Yum, lasagne, oh yeah!" :D attitude. It can become disheartening when the noses are screwed up before they've even tried it. I was brought up to eat whatever was put on your plate, so my modern step-family can be a bit challenging that way. I haven't forced my daughter to eat whatever was put in front of her cause I think that was always half my problem with weight gain, but I have tried to teach her to try something before you can then say "I'm not fond of that", and never to say "Yuck" at someone else's plate of food. That's just good manners I reckon.
Thanks for the tips!
Hayles
xx
ForMe: Hayles
ForMe

Postby ForMe » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:49 pm

And thanks Kate too for that suggestion. It's funny.... I had just typed the words before about making my daughter try something before she could say whether or not she liked it, and then I read your suggestion about the kangaroo sausages and I am a hypocrite to have to say I just couldn't bring myself to try them! I know they are supposed to be a good meat option, but I just couldn't. What a wimp! Thanks anyway, and keep the suggestions coming!
Hayles
xx
ForMe

Postby ForMe » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:44 pm

Hi everyone

74.5kg this morning - no change from last week. I was just glad I did not put on as i have had a really difficult week with lots of personal and family issues. It makes choosing and eating healthy meals a real challenge. Looking better for next week I hope. I have not lost my motivation to lose weight, and I will be back at it tomorrow!!!
Hope everyone is doing well and feeling happy. I will catch up on what I have missed on the forum in the next few days hopefully.

Hayles
xx
ForMe

Postby big_love » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:42 pm

((((hugs))))) hope everything is ok and next week is better for you! You are going great, especially seeing you didn't put on weight in a bad week!!! (((((((((((((more hugs))))))))))))))))))

feel better :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Postby ForMe » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:58 pm

Thanks Tam. I needed a hug. Congrats on the job and I really hope everything falls into place, having to move and all that. I have only managed to catch bits of the forum in the past week. Partner's got a cold and so my problems (even though alot of them are supposed to be shared as they are mutual problems!) are not near his radar tonight. Deflection and denial can be good coping mechanisms for some, but I have come to the point where I cannot cope anymore and have felt like driving into a brick wall today. Things just got worse and I am on the verge of having a big loud cry but am trying to hold it in to be strong. If I was alone in the house I'd just bawl my eyes out but I don't want beloved partner and children to think less of me or think that I am not coping or going mad. But I'm not coping and I think less of me right now than I have for a long time. I have taken on so much burden on so many levels and I feel about to implode with it all. I have more than an hour's work ahead of me before I can sit in the shower and have a cry alone. I haven't had time to catch up on the forum because I am drowning in work and chores and that makes me be less choosy with my food intake (less motivated to be choosy - chips and gravy for lunch, great huh?). I desperately don't want to go backwards as I was doing well. I feel like I am walking around with a house on my shoulders as so many things are just not going well at the moment, or well made plans are unravelling into a bit knotted mess. I know things can get better or will pass but there are some major changes I have to assert before that happens. If I start detailing the problems I will drown in it so I'll just take a deep breath and do my work and meet the deadline. Tomorrow I will think again how I can change things and make them better for me. Thanks again. I'm breathing and I'm about to work.

Hayles
xx
ForMe

Postby big_love » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:58 am

Oh Hayles Im always here if you need a hug!!!! Please dont drive into a brick wall!!! Dont even think about it. If your troubles are heaping up on you, try tackling issues head on, and one at a time to try and make the pile smaller. And I hope you had a big cry!!! Crying and being vulnerable sometimes DOES NOT make you weak, or any less of a person!!! Its taken me a while to understand this! Even though your partner is sick, you need to make them understand how your feeling!! A promblem shared is a problem halved. Make him share some of the burden! And I think you shouldn't worry so much about your eating etc untill you get these problems under control, as its just going to be one more thing your stressing about! If I can help at all, let me know. I can't really do much from here, but let me know anyway ok. ((((((((((((((MORE HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))

Take a deep breath, centre yourself.

You are a strong, beautiful woman, and you can take on anything!

:wink: :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Previous

Return to Weekly Weigh In