It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:03 pm

Free Newsletter

Caramel Swirl's Weekly Weigh In

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Caramel Swirl's Weekly Weigh In

Postby Caramel Swirl » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:04 am

Hi Guys

Well I finally got around to getting my hands on a set of scales yesterday. My husband got some on special at Harris Scarfe's :)
Darn - I'm a bit heavier that I thought...my starting weigh in is 78.1kg.
I've stepped up my gym sessions this week but only do about 45mins each session so know that I need to do more. I thought about doing a few morning walks but I just love my bed sooo much in the morning - it's so hard to get out but I know I'll feel so much better if I do.

If off to Fiji at the end of May so have a short-term goal to reach 70kg's by this time. I know I'll have to work really hard but I think it's achievable if I really set my mind to it. My long term goal is 60kg's.

It feels good to be finally doing something about my weight - I've had so many false starts but have been really inspired by the people on this forum!

Wish me luck :)

CS
Caramel Swirl

Re: Caramel Swirl's Weekly Weigh In

Postby Tarz » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:12 am

Good luck, you will be 70 kg when you got to Fiji. End of may is in about 12 weeks and if your doing that much excerisice and eat right you'll reach it. Good luck
Tarz

Postby ali76 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:19 am

Good luck CS!

Just a quick question - I'm guessing your scales weigh to every 100 grams? Mine are every .5kg and I don't like it....i need to know if I've lost even a little bit!

You'll romp in the 70kg by May - no worries :P

I think I'm going to look up NA Fitness Centre today. If we get the house we're putting an offer in on, I'd go past there to get home..!!

Keep up the good work :mrgreen:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Caramel Swirl » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:29 am

Thanks Guys!

The support on this forum is so great!

Tarz we will be both be Fiji beach babes :)

Ali - yes the new scales weigh to every 100 grams. They are quite basic in that they just measure weight and not BMI or fat percentages etc - I used to have a fancy set like this but I only ever looked at the weight measurement. We got them on special yesterday at HS for $29.95! Bargain - the same one's are in Myer for $79.95 :shock:

The NA fitness centre is really good - I used to do the wellness room but have dropped back to the normal package now as I could never get on the machines I wanted in the wellness room....I went last night at 7pm and had my pick of the machines!
Caramel Swirl

Postby kittykat84 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:23 pm

Well done on your first weigh in CS! You will be a beach babe in no time!! Fiji - How exciting!! I'm jealous!
kittykat84

Postby ForMe » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:09 pm

Hi CS, we have similar current weights and targets so I will be checking in regularly to see how you are going! Good luck and great to hear your stories.

Hayles
xx
ForMe: Hayles
ForMe

Postby Caramel Swirl » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:40 am

Last Week = 78.1
This Week = 77.2
Loss = 900g

Darn - I was hoping for a kilo at least! I know I should have stepped up the exercise a bit more but at least it was a loss...
Caramel Swirl

Postby Tarz » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:50 am

900grams is still a great loss and a healthy one. Plus you may be formoimg more muscle and still be losing cm! Think postive your doing great.
Tarz

Postby ali76 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:29 am

CS - I'd LOVE to lose 900gms in a week! I'm losing about 500 in a FORTNIGHT....augh!!

You're doing really well, don't be impatient like me :lol:

Well done again!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby ForMe » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:06 pm

CS that is a good loss! I went backwards last Sunday for my weigh-in but have caught up now. There are fluctuations every day for various reasons. You'll probably find you'll lose a bit more next weigh-in.
Hayles
ForMe: Hayles
ForMe

Postby Inspire8me » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:49 pm

Hi CS,
Yes, I have a similar goal to you also...My birthday is in May and I want to be 65kg by then..I'm currently 74kg (10 weeks to go) I have already gone from 80kg to 74kg since last August....so, I will keep plugging along...You will get there too!!

:D
coconut
Inspire8me

Postby Caramel Swirl » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:58 pm

Thanks guys for your comments! It really does help me to keep going. In the past when I've been disappointed by a weight loss I have often given up - not this time though!! Yahh
I just took myself off for a lunch-time walk. I tried to peek at the cars for the Clipsal but could only glimpse a few going around the track through the barricades. I could definitely hear them though!

Hmm - I had quite a big bowl of museli for breakfast this morning and I'm still not hungry for lunch....I was looking forward to trying the new pumpkin seed bread and flavoured tuna that I brought in - however I am learning that you should only eat when you are hungry and not just because it's lunch-time, dinner-time etc....

My increased water-intake also seems to be filling me up! :D
Caramel Swirl

Postby shokoden » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:31 pm

Congratulations on this weeks loss you are doing really well :)
shokoden

Postby big_love » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:43 pm

hey CS..hope you tried the pumpkin seed bread coz it is yuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyy!!! You are going well with your weight loss and sounds like you have everything under control! Congrats with the 900gm weight loss too!!! Its a great start! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Postby Caramel Swirl » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:31 am

Okay weigh-in day today.

Last Week - 77.2
This Week - 76.9
Loss = 300g

Hmm - not quite what I was hoping for but a loss is a loss so I'll take it! I've been really good with my food this week so expected a little more - it's hard not to get discouraged when the scale doesn't show you what you want to see....if it wasn't for you guys and this forum I may have given up at this point - but this time I'm sticking to it - I'll show that scale!!!
Caramel Swirl

Next

Return to Weekly Weigh In