It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:59 pm

Free Newsletter

Emm's Weekly Weigh-Ins

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Emm's Weekly Weigh-Ins

Postby tw1light » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:12 pm

Heya. Started dieting 12/03/08. Going to check my weight next Wed. I'm a person who actually likes exercising once I've gotten through all the procrastinating and shyness. But now I'm determined to get in exercise once a day or at least 5-6 times a week. Enrolled myself in some fitness classes so I hope that'll keep me exercising. And when I'm not in those classes hopefully I'll go to the gym more and swim more which I enjoy. Can't believe how lazy I've been and let myself put on so much weight!

SW[12/03/08]:81kg

I'll post in again next time. I would really love to get to 60 kg. :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZJ5O22/]
[/url]

Mini goal: 75 kg
Reward: not sure yet...

bane of my existence: CHOCOLATES!!
tw1light

Re: Emm's Weekly Weigh-Ins

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:37 am

Best of luck for your first week Em! I'm sure you will get a fab loss, you sound really motivated :D
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby tw1light » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:56 pm

I've weighed myself today. I lost 1 kg. It's not as much as I would have hoped but I'm still happy it's a loss and not a gain. Hopefully my weight loss will pick up. Also I think it's possible that my muscles are bulking up because I've been doing some weight exercises. Can't be sure really because I only have a normal weighing scale. =D Can't wait for next week!
[/url]

tw1light

Postby tw1light » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:28 pm

Weighed myself this morning. Only a loss of 500g which is disappointing for me. But, I shouldn't have expected too much because of my aunt's birthday party. Lots of food, buns, biscuits and cake. Gah! I wanted a bigger change... :(
[/url]

tw1light

Postby ali76 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:27 pm

You're doing really well!! The healthy range for weight loss is .5 - 1kg a week so you're spot on!

Well done!

x
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby ~Rose~ » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:31 am

Yeah keep it up Emm your doing good :D .5-1kg is good and healthy :)
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby tw1light » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:35 pm

Thanks Ali n Rose. There was a moment few days ago when I thought why am I doing this. Thanks for the support. Exercised for 2 1/2 hours today and I feel great. :D
[/url]

tw1light

Postby opal630 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:23 pm

Hey Emm, 1/2 a kilo is a good loss. You're under 80 kilos so it might be a bit harder for you to have huge losses over 1 kilo every week. 1/2 a kilo is a healthy loss so you should be proud of yourself. Maybe try the measuring tape, I'm sure you've lost some cms.
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
opal630

Postby tw1light » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:32 pm

Hey opal. Thanks. I measured my waist a few days ago and there was a 2 cm loss. I know that I should be happy with 0.5 but then there's this impatience in me to lose more. But I'm ok now. I'll just take it slowly. Btw, I don't feel very good now...might be catching a cold because after my exercise this morning it was bloody cold and raining and I only had my hoodie on. My face is warm but I've just taken a Panadol tablet and drinking lots of water. Don't want to get sick. :(

PS: I see you're almost at your mini goal!!! Congrats!!
[/url]

tw1light

Postby opal630 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:30 am

tw1light wrote:Hey opal. Thanks. I measured my waist a few days ago and there was a 2 cm loss. I know that I should be happy with 0.5 but then there's this impatience in me to lose more. But I'm ok now. I'll just take it slowly. Btw, I don't feel very good now...might be catching a cold because after my exercise this morning it was bloody cold and raining and I only had my hoodie on. My face is warm but I've just taken a Panadol tablet and drinking lots of water. Don't want to get sick. :(

PS: I see you're almost at your mini goal!!! Congrats!!

Hey Emm, hope you're feeling better. It does suck getting a cold, kinda interferes with exercise. Hopefully you were fine today.

I used to be really impatient and try to lose a kilo every week, but I found when it didn't happen I would get depressed and use it as an excuse to give up, so today I try to be proud of myself for any loss. If it keeps going down, eventually you'll get where you want to be. Besides, if it takes you longer, by the time you are at your goal weight, eating well and exercising will become part of your lifestyle and you're much likely to keep it going.

PS: got to my first mini goal today. It took me a few months to get to it but it did happen afterall :D
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
opal630

Postby Siana-leah » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:49 pm

Hey emm!! I think 1.5kg is a great loss!! as the others said....this is a healthy steady loss....more likely to stay off.
Hope u get better...and if u are sick dont push the exercise because this can actually make u weaker....ur immune system tends to lower
its levels during exercise....so rest up.
Good luck for next week!! :D :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby tw1light » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:04 pm

Heya. Didn't post last week because I was so, so busy. Didn't even have time to exercise. But last week I plateaued anyway. This week I think it's a loss of about 1-1.5 kg. I can't be sure because my weighing scale is just a normal one. But I'll just take it as 1 kg to be safe. Does anyone know where I can get a better scale in Melbourne? But not too expensive. I just want it to be more accurate.
[/url]

tw1light

Postby Cac33 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:26 pm

tw1light wrote:Heya. Didn't post last week because I was so, so busy. Didn't even have time to exercise. But last week I plateaued anyway. This week I think it's a loss of about 1-1.5 kg. I can't be sure because my weighing scale is just a normal one. But I'll just take it as 1 kg to be safe. Does anyone know where I can get a better scale in Melbourne? But not too expensive. I just want it to be more accurate.

I got some electronic scales from Big W for about $30. Much more accurate & it does body fat & fluid etc
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby tw1light » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:49 am

Thanks Cac! I'll go check them out.
[/url]

tw1light

Postby tw1light » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:42 am

Well, I have good news. I bought new scales yesterday and I'm so glad I did. It showed how inaccurate my old ones were-I knew they were off already before but just couldn't be bothered to get new ones. Anyways, instead of showing 78-78.5 kg like the old ones, it showed 76.6 kg when I weighed myself this morning. I am so happy to see a bigger change! I feel that all the dieting and exercise is finally showing. This really motivates me to keep going. :D
[/url]

tw1light

Next

Return to Weekly Weigh In