It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:55 am

Free Newsletter

Shalimars weigh in.....

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Shalimars weigh in.....

Postby Shalimar » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:15 pm

Thank you HappyGirl, starr, Hayley, Sarah and Fi :) :) :) :) :) .

Yep Hayley definitely feeling like I have stepped on some toes but in no way am I going to apologise for doing so.
I'll still be popping in a couple of times a day but not as often as I used to :) .

I dont know about rocking abs Fi but hopefully a firmer belly at least :wink: .

I weigh everything on my kitchen scales Sarah, and I mean everything, I record it all down to the last gram. It's pretty anal I know but it's got me where I am now 8) .

Best of luck to you all for the coming week, I'll be keeping an eye on all of your threads even if I don't post in them , have fun:P :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Daisybeck » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:11 pm

Shalimar wrote:Thanks girls :) .

The way I have done it is to stick to my calories, I never, ever go over unless it is on my once every 3 or 4 month meal out or takeaway. I am very pedantic about that and I weigh everything that goes into my mouth. I dont give in to the opened packet of crisps, bags of lollies, cakes or the alcohol.
I also walk every day without fail, no matter what the weather is doing, a minimum of 1 hour a day (sometimes more depending where I am walking to) and at the moment 4 x 25 sets of sit ups. Thats it.

Im not really that fussed if people are upset by what I have done, Im just regrettful that I have spent so much time propping others up who wont reciprocate. I could have put that time into myself instead. Oh well lesson learnt and if nothing else has come of it, it has seen me spending far less time on here of late.

Have a good one girls :) .

Why anyone would possibly have a problem with someone elses incredible achievements is beyond me. Jealousy is a nasty trait and is best ignored.
Daisybeck

Postby Shalimar » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:34 am

Who knows Daisy, but you are right, it is best ignored and I have been. No more wasted time, words or bandwidth on people like that :) .

Shalimar

Postby sarahm » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:50 am

here here sue! ok...so you weigh everything-how would i know what my portions should be? any pointers? i can be quite 'anal' myself.lol!would like to try your approach..tried and true it seems! :)
sarahm

Postby Shalimar » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:49 pm

I just make up my own portions to fit into my calorie allowance. For example a serve of cooked rice is around 150 gms cooked weight, I just have 60 gms cooked weight and I'll have extra veg.

I have never worried about going over on carbs or other macronutrients, the only ones I concern myself with are calories, fat, protein, fibre and to a lesser degree sodium. The daily recommendations for fruit is 2 serves a day, I regularly have 3, 4 or sometimes more, it probably puts the carbs up but as it hasnt affected me I dont care.
I also allow myself some chocolate or ice cream every night for dessert and usually a biscuit or something later on at night in with my supper.

I keep a food diary on calorie king and as long as I have a good balance of the healthy and a little of the not so healthy and it all fits into my allowance I am a happy chicky :) .

Shalimar

Postby Jisgone » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:31 pm

I think its horrible that you feel some people aren't very supportive of you Sue!
You are so so inspiring to so many people on here, some days when im busy and don't have time to read through the forums I just check up on what your doing :P (sorry everyone else!)
You make it seem so do-able and are always full of support and wisdom :)
Jisgone

Postby Shalimar » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:56 pm

Thanks Jewles :D , I have always tried to be supportive of everyone here as I know, the same as anyone here, what its like. It isnt as if I have forgotten or anything. I think some people (online and off) think that because I am where I wanted to be that I have no idea what its like when I think the opposite is more like it.

Thanks again and have a great week :D .

Shalimar

Postby Sussy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:22 pm

Hey Sue, haven't been around here for a bit. Congrats on your amazing success. I'm soooo jealous, you have your head screwed on right, have done your weightloss very sensibly and practically and i'm sure have the winning method for long term success, i on the otherhand constantly go up and down. I often wonder if i'll be like this forever or if one day i will have a normal relationship with food and my weight wont fluctuate the way it does....ho hum.

Anyway congrats again, that is absolutely amazing and YOU are amazing. Well done mate. xoxox
Sussy

Postby miss_viva » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:03 pm

Hi Shalimar,

I think you're a complete inspiration to so many people on this board, and you should never feel ashamed to post your losses. You've worked so hard for them, and you deserve to be able to share that with people. Just keep posting, and screw those out there who are nasty and vindictive - it's just jealousy. I haven't been a member here for long, but I can see that you've always been kind and supportive to everyone (myself included), and you deserve to have that support come back to you :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Shalimar » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:20 am

Thank you both Sussy and miss_viva :) .
I'm now just plodding along, I had a couple of big weekends in a row, something that hasnt happened since I started losing weight. One was a spur of the moment thing and the other had been planned well in advance but it has seen me retain some fluid and sodium as I had just started to recover from the first big weekend and before I knew it, it was time to do it all again but I am still on the right side of 60 kilos and the fluid/sodium is dropping away nicely so I think in a week or three I will be upping the calories again.
Apart from that there isnt a lot to report, its all been going along well :) .

Best of luck to you both on your next weigh ins, I hope they will be what you are expecting them to be.

Have a great weekend :) ,

Shalimar

Postby Luke17 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:34 pm

Jeez. Its really inspirational looking at your page. Good on you!
I hope to be as successful! :)
Started 10th November 2009

SW: 101.6kg
GW: 70kg

10th November: 101.6kg (First Day - Week 1)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wUIPz8n/]
[/url]
Luke17

Postby Shay » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi Sue, havent seen you on here for a while. Hope all is well on your end :)
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Postby Carley » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:20 am

I was wondering the same, I hope she is okay.
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby Shalimar » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:56 am

Hi all, everything is fine this end I just needed a break from the place and from things in general.

I had to put some weight back on, who would have thought it, as I hit 56 kilos and looked far too thin, I thought I looked ok at the time but realised I didnt. I now bounce around the 58kg to 60 kg mark and look healthier and feel happier for it.

Apart from that not a lot to report.

Have a good one all :D .

Shalimar

Postby Carley » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:11 pm

Shalimar wrote:Hi all, everything is fine this end I just needed a break from the place and from things in general.

I had to put some weight back on, who would have thought it, as I hit 56 kilos and looked far too thin, I thought I looked ok at the time but realised I didnt. I now bounce around the 58kg to 60 kg mark and look healthier and feel happier for it.

Apart from that not a lot to report.

Have a good one all :D .

I'm glad your back, you were missed. I'm glad you could realise you were too thin. I hope you are feeling a lot healthier hun.
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In