It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:13 am

Free Newsletter

Whit3's Weekly Weigh In!

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Whit3's Weekly Weigh In!

Postby whit3tig3y » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:13 pm

I guess I can't avoid weighing in anymore if I have to report in once a week! :lol:

L.W: 130.0
T.W: 128.0
Loss: 2KG

Not much but concidering I wasn't trying, or planning on losing weight that was pretty good. This week will really be my first week at changing my lifetyle to lose weight! :)

I will be weighing in on wednesdays every week!
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Re: Whit3's Weekly Weigh In!

Postby tania2573 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:49 pm

Wd on deciding to make a lifestyle change.You will do it.good luck :)
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby whit3tig3y » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:16 pm

I know i'm not weighing in yet but I was just so excited I had to say something!! Today is my first day exercising in like, well, ever really. And I went on a 50min moderate walk with my puppy dog this afternoon!!! I'm so proud of myself!! I think this is also going to do my arms some good with puppy.. My hands were red raw from holding his lead and constantly having to pull him away from this or stop him from running too far forward etc.

I know most people like exercising with a buddy, but I quite prefer it just me and the dog. It gives me time to relax, well not actually physically relax, but mentally relax. We just walk wherever we want with no one hounding us (well i hound him but no ones hounding me!! :D)

I want to get a pedometer so I can know how many steps im doing a day. But I don't know where to get one from and I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for one either. Does anyone know anywhere (possibly online) that has cheap pedometers?

I'm also still amazed at how many calories I do actually consume in a day. People usually look at theirs and say "wow, thats alot" but im looking at mine and its not much. I came home and pigged out yesterday and it was still under my alocated 1500cals. Maybe I should reduce how many cals i let myself have in one day because this is about change, i need to change how much I eat to change my weight, and if im eating what I always have not much is going to change.

whit3tig3y

Postby Strawberry » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:23 am

2 kg loss in a week is excellent!
Lol, my only exercising is walking with my puppy too - i love it, it gets us out of the house, we go wherever we please & end up @ doggy park so my pup gets to play with other dogs.
K-mart sells pedometers or there's ebay.
What do u consider pigging out? i've started 2 change the way i see food, i'm not counting cals just eat what i usually eat the only difference i'm weighin fruit, veg & portion sizes & low GI foods 2 help with my insuline.
Strawberry

Postby whit3tig3y » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:20 pm

Well I went shopping and bought some mountain bread and ham and stuff for dinner came home, and was STARVING so I said to myself, i can't help it and pigged out on 2 wraps and then started cooking dinner. But I was surprised that it was still within my calories even though i pigged out, i think its because i usually pig out on bad food, the fact i pigged out on my new healthy food i think it gave me a bit of a surprise!

whit3tig3y

Postby Strawberry » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:27 pm

whit3tig3y wrote:Well I went shopping and bought some mountain bread and ham and stuff for dinner came home, and was STARVING so I said to myself, i can't help it and pigged out on 2 wraps and then started cooking dinner. But I was surprised that it was still within my calories even though i pigged out, i think its because i usually pig out on bad food, the fact i pigged out on my new healthy food i think it gave me a bit of a surprise!

eating 2 pieces of mountain bread isn't a pig out.
i think you have got to stop calling it a pig out.
what's your usual meal pattern - do u snack inbetween meals?
Strawberry

Postby whit3tig3y » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:29 pm

I know its not a pig out, but at the time i thought it was. I think it was the fact i'd usually shovel unhealthy foods in my mouth, meats and chips and hotdogs etc and that would have been a pigout. I think looking at wat it was I was shoveling into my mouth makes all the difference.

Before i started my weight loss journey on a typical day i would usually have:
breakfast: nothing
lunch: 2 sandwiches loaded with butter and meat no salad (white bread also) OR a big bowl of bolognese or some other pasta
dinner: an even bigger serving of pasta (with a WHOLE stick of garlic bread to myself) OR sausages in bread (usually ended up being 6 pieces of bread, 4 sausages) OR quiche made with puff pastry, bacon, onion and cheese using 12 eggs for the whole quiche (i'd probably eat about 1/4 of a large quiche to myself as one serving)...
Snacks: usually sandwiches (i'm big on bread), potato chips, sausage roll or party pies
drinks: soft drink while at home, cordial while at work.

thats just an example of what i'd eat in a day.

now my regular eating habits are going to be:

breakfast: 2 pieces of toast with vegemite no butter or 2 cups of cornflakes with 1 cup of skim milk
lunch: mountain bread wrap with ham and onion and a little mustard (im not big on salads)
dinner: 1 chicken breast made into butter chicken, or honey mustard chicken, or a chicken burger etc.. i may try to find some recipes that involve tuna as its the only fish i'll eat but i dont know anything to make it into yet.. im not a fan of red meat so i tend to skip that.. but i need to find some recipes for pork as i don't mind that either. i can probably make pasta as well just make the same thing i used to but using healthier cuts of meat etc and less oil and salt and make it smaller portions (i used to just eat it straight from the pot as my partner doesn't eat anything thats not deep fried).
snacks: ive taken to crackers, and rice crackers. i love putting vegemite on those crackers that have the holes in it and squeezing it through, no butter again ofcourse.
drinks: diet coke and water from now on. and MAYBE some weight watchers cordial (i've seen it around) to make the water go down easier

i dont like sweets so im fine in that area.

they are the changes im trying to make, any suggestions would be great as i'm really a beginner on this. I dont think i know anyone that actually eats healthy, my mum is thin and doesnt put on weight no matter what she eats, my dad is fat but he eats out every night and really isnt trying to change it and my partner has no variety and likes deep fried foods the best. so i'm really doing this on my own.

whit3tig3y

Postby tania2573 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:06 pm

I see what you mean about doing it on your own,but you have all us guys here who know exactly what your going through and how hard it is.I know what you mean though all my family are if anything underweight but they eat whatever they want all the time :( .Hope you have a good week.take care.
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby SEG » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:08 am

Firstly, 2kg loss - well done. I'm new to the forum but not to dieting !!

Have been on my new lifestyle change ( the word diet is going out of my vocab) for a month now - I've joined my local gym and funnily enough am going nearly everyday.... I use to walk my ex's dog all the time - is the best - cos I'm not on your own and if I'm huffing and puffing and sweating he didn't care !

Keep up the puppy walks - they will always want one even if you're not too keen !!!

Once those people around you see your changes they will support you.. meanwhile this forum is great to vent, exclaim and banter !

Sarah
If you keep doing the things you've always done, you'll keep being the person you always were
SEG

Postby Strawberry » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:44 pm

Ur new eating plan is much more healthier than your old one. i don't want 2 say what u should or shouldn't eat, for this 2 work u need to eat what u enjoy - just make sure its a fat/kj friendly version & portion controlled. That's what i'm doing & its helping me.
Strawberry

Postby whit3tig3y » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:01 pm

I'm very happy with what i'm eating. I'm eating what i've always wanted to eat but my "fatty cravings" got in the way of. I've had most of these recipe bases sitting in the cupboard for weeks like my butter chicken and curry beef etc, just got pushed aside for mcdonalds!!!!

I'm having a hard time actually finding foods that are going to get me up to how many calories i can have a day. CK suggested I have 1700cals a day (this is because I sit at a desk all day etc).. so i bumped it down to 1500, i've gone over that once and every single other day i've come to around 1100-1200cals. But i'm not hungry. I'm not stuffed either, i'm satisfied. Can you go into starvation mode without feeling hungry?

So far today i had an apple, a french cheesecake yogurt (97% fat free ofcourse), a 220g tin of gluten free canned spaghetti with 2 pieces of toast, and i'm having 1 chicken breast cooked in a little oil (we don't have non-stick pans) with half a butter chicken recipe base in it. Thats a pretty typical day for me, and that comes up to about 1161cals.

I know this is going to make alot of people fall off their chairs... but I can't eat vegetables or salads (i like onion though). I really dont like them and i've built up such a stigma the taste of them litterally makes me throw up, i really can't eat them. So i'm going to try my hardest to do this without them, by eating as much fruit as I can. Also, I'm not sure how to incorporate more calcium into my diet. Other than drinking glasses and glasses of milk that is. I think thats something else i'm lacking.

whit3tig3y

Postby Indi3 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:24 pm

Its great your sticking to your plan! And yes, it does make it harder to find healthier foods without vegies and salad to fill up on.. so.. i would never normally suggest this but an atkins approach might be the way to go as there is basically no vegies or salad allowed anyway. I have'nt studied the plan fully but im vegetarian so i would starve onthat diet as its meat based but you can have eggs and there a ton of receipes.

I just bought the book "Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet How we lost ten stone" and they have a really great approach to food which gives you great meal ideas, starter plan, main plan and maintence plan and what to do at parties.. it is based on the high protein plans. They also get real about why we eat and when and although we have all been through these in our own life, they write about it so well. They tell their stories then talk about no excuses and have each other for support. So i keep the book with me to refer to even though i cant follow the actual food stuff.

Anyway, just a suggestion.. I'm sure you've looked into all sorts of options.. good luck and look forward to reading about your progress!

Indi :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcTlU53/]
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby whit3tig3y » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:13 am

Ok, my official weigh in. I've made my decision! My old home scales say the same thing as my new digital scales, so logic says the doctors scales are inaccurate. So i'm going to take last weeks weight as 131kg. So....

Week 1....
LW: 131kg
TW: 127.9kg

Loss: 3.1kg!

I'm fairly pleased with that, I haven't really done any exercise. I took my puppy on an hour long walk on saturday, but because of the rain we've been having, thats it really. Except for some Wii Sports Boxing last night as a guilt thing :P

whit3tig3y

Postby curvygirl » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:27 am

Welldone. That is fantastic. Keep up the good work. Maybe you could grate some veges into mince to make some nice meat patties. It always works for the kids they never know they are there. I normally use carrots, onions and zucchini. If you serve them with sweet chilli sauce you can disguise them. You've done a great job.
Good luck for the next week
Wendy :D
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby Siana-leah » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:45 pm