It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:03 am

Free Newsletter

Let's GO !

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Let's GO !

Postby STRIVE » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:39 am

Here marks the beginning of my weight loss journey. Thank you for your support!

I currently weighing about 74kg and looking to loose about 10-12kg (64-62kg).

I'm not too sure about you but I do have some nasty habits that I'm looking to break. Allow me to list them.

1. Fast food
2. Late night eating
3. Large food portions

So with this in mind, here are the things I'm hoping to do

1. Drink at least 1 litre of water
2. Eat healthy and less processed foods
3. Stop eating after 8pm
4. Serve small portions
5. Exercise everyday (in some form or another)

I'm quite excited about this. I'm pleased that I will be able to record my journey through this forum. I hope you are going well in whatever you are aiming for.
Thanks.
STRIVE

Re: Let's GO !

Postby hippy_shake » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:51 am

Hey just wanted to wish you all the best! We have a similar goal weight :) What kind of exercise are you planning on?
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby Shalimar » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:05 am

Best of luck Strive :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby STRIVE » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:39 pm

Thank you again to all those who have clicked in and given me comments of support.

Today I had a very good day. I ate well and did my daily dose of exercise.

Now I know it is only day one, however, I surprised myself that I didn't give in to any food cravings. I didn't really have any cravings today but I'm really looking forward to proving to myself that I can actually get past those and continue on the path to good healthy eating. So far I have done all that I said I would.

I have decided that I will try and get my exercise done in the morning because I really struggle to find time to do any once my day has begun. So this morning I went for a run/walk. It was a fair bit more walking than running but I'm going to try and work up to it. I'm really hoping to do at least 30 minutes of exercise each day, even if it is just a casual stroll. I would hope to see myself also working myself a little harder by building up my running capabilities. I have never been a runner and I really didn't feel like one today, however, it's all about working up to it and, for me, getting my mind to encourage me and not discourage.

If anyone has any advice about anything (food, exercise) please let me know. Also, how do I go about getting one of those weight tracker things that everyone seems to have?
STRIVE

Postby Siana-leah » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:11 pm

Hey. Good on you for starting something! I can say that it may sound weird but it is easy to stay on track and avoid the traps if your in the right frame of mind and have a plan, as you seem to have.
So good luck with everything.
And you can get a tracker from tickerfactory.com just follow the promts for a weightloss tracker.
:D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby STRIVE » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:15 pm

Well I had another good day today. I'm really proud of myself. So often have a started a 'diet' and quit before I have even begun. So far so good.

Today I had to go to the dentist so I gave me another reason to not eat junk food. I organised myself really well and purchased a really lovely salad for lunch, which I ate half of and ate the other half with dinner. I'm really pleased that I found it another rather easy day.

I again did my 30 minutes of exercise and worked on pushing myself just that little bit further. I think my dog is really enjoying the daily walks but not so much the pressure of the runs. ha ha ha. He is such a good dog.

I'm interested to get an idea of how long it has taken people to loose 10kg. Can anyone give me any ideas?

p.s I got a ticker thingy but I can't seem to get it on my page. Do you cut the address and then paste on your post? If you can help me out, that would be great!
STRIVE

Postby STRIVE » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:53 pm

Well I didn't get to post my message yesterday so I'm going to catch up today.

Yesterday was actually a pretty hard day. I found myself really craving sweets, which I would usually go and get in a heart beat. I even found myself walking over to the cupboard to get something out. It's amazing how you slip into bad habits. Well I'm pleased to say that I continued to stick to my guns and resist the temptation of eating what I should not. I have decided that I need to do things that will distract me when those cravings hit. So I'm drinking heaps of water and keeping myself busy.

I have to admit. This is the longest and most committed I have ever been on a journey to weight loss. Thanks.
STRIVE

Postby Shalimar » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:21 pm

Good on you Strive, keep it up :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby STRIVE » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:55 am

Thanks Shalimar.

Well things are still on track. I'm finding it really helpful to keep this little diary entry each day as a way of reflecting on my progress and how I got through each day. I know it says 'weekly' check in but I feel that I need to keep a daily tracker.

So yesterday was my hardest day so far. The reason being that it was GRAND FINAL day. I went over to some friends house and there was everything and anything you wanted to indulge in. I actually surprised myself and at how controlled I was. Look, I'm not hoping to cut everything out that is bad for me but just to exercise a little self control. Previously I would be grabbing handfuls and continually going back for more. I'm really pleased to see that I am learning how to limit myself without going over board. So when ice cream was served I survived by not having my own but a lick of my partners, when there were chips and dip I only had the healthiest option on the plate and only ONE! So I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself. I feel that it is important to not completely cut out what I love because I know that if I do and loose a heap of weight I will put it all back on once I have one chip. because I would have not learned how to limit and control myself.
STRIVE

Postby STRIVE » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:47 pm

Had another good day. Keep you posted.

I have to say how lovely it is to read the posts of other people from other groups. It really does make you feel like your part of a team and not alone. :D
STRIVE

Postby STRIVE » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:12 am

I have just realised that there is a group 'personal progress' that is probably better suited to my postings. I have decided to move my daily posts to this group. Thank you to all the people who have contributed and I hope you get a chance to visit me in the new group.

Bye!
STRIVE

Return to Weekly Weigh In