It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:18 pm

Free Newsletter

Zarah's Weekly Weigh In

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Zarah's Weekly Weigh In

Postby Shalimar » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:06 am

Well done, you are right though it won't keep up for long so do enjoy it.

Good luck for next week :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Shalimar » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:52 am

If you are eating right and exercising then you would have lost weight, scales are dicky things at times :x .

Shalimar

Postby curvygirl » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:26 am

Zarah I dont want to sound nasty but some scales even if we pay a little more for them only reliably weigh up to 130 or 135 kilos. My sisters husband thought he was 130 kilos for months even though his clothes were getting tighter and tighter . The scales he had just didnt weigh over that so he was in dreamland. I think that if people are noticing the weight loss stay off the scales and just keep doing what you have been doing. I have lost almost 14 kilos and rarely get any comments from people about my loss. I know my clothes are a little big but I thought they would be literally falling off me by now.
You have done so well up to this point so you should be proud of yourself. :D
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby mindy32 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:17 am

Hey Zarah,

Scales can be positively annoying, and cause a lot of heartache sometimes I think! I weighed myself this morning, after having done almost an hour of excercise everyday, and eating extremely healthy, better than ever before, and I put ON 200g. In the end you should be proud of yourself that you lost weight overall. 9.5kg in a month is awesome!! You lost a lot in the first 18 days so your body was just probably working to maintain the lost the last 2 weeks, the fact that you have lost another 0.5kg is great!! You should be totally proud of yourself, especially if you're eating healthier, even if the scales dont move much sometimes.

<3 Belinda
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby whit3tig3y » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:29 pm

You have lost an AMAZING amount of weight in the time you've been doing this!!! And people are noticing it too. Just go with the flow hunny. The scales are unreliable. Anything can upset them. Excess water we store, undigested food, if you haven't been to the toilet in a while etc. Apparently even at different times of the day you can weigh differently!!!!! Even just in 5mins i know my scales can jump 0.5kilo.. naughty naughty scales. There are heaps of other ways to judge weight loss if you don't have a great working relationship with the scales :lol: Take some measurements, judge by how loose your clothing is, or even just take it all in from the compliments you get!!!! In the end, the scales can only tell you how much weight your losing. All you need to know is that your losing weight (not how much) and that you are getting healthier and fitter and are extending your lifespan :)
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby Shalimar » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:50 pm

Sometimes it's just a matter of making sure you are standing in the same spot every time and make sure you have the scales on a solid surface, using them on carpet makes them very unreliable as the carpet has a cushioning effect and they will then weigh you lighter than you are. Easier said than done I know :lol: .

Shalimar

Postby Shalimar » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:00 am

Well done Zarah :D .

Shalimar

Postby whit3tig3y » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:01 am

You look alot like a friend of mine Tesh. Do you have any sisters called Laticia? :lol:
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby soontolookdamhot » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:04 pm

wow congrats on how much uve lost in 1 month, 2wks and 1day. gotta be feeling good about that result, ive only just started again and gosh can only hope for a near result like u. keep up the good work and dont let your family and friends get u down when ur doing so well. : )
soontolookdamhot

Postby Shalimar » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:12 pm

Congrats on your loss Zarah :) .

Shalimar

Postby candycane » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:26 pm

Hi Zarah,

I'm sorry your sister is being aggrivating, it seems to happen a lot! my bestmate has 2 sisters and they can really get into some bad arguements. Having two brothers i never had that problem. Maybe you should try talking to her, or alternatively ignore her and let her make her own bed. YOu are going incredibly well with the weightloss, dont let this set u back. Good luck xx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Peaches » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:55 pm

Well Done!! Grats on the dress!!! Hopefully you can get all your other problems worked out soon, sounds like it would have been tough.
Peaches

Postby mindy32 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:17 pm

Awww Zarah, Im sorry things arent great for you at the moment. I'm sending hugs your way.

Some people just dont think about what they say before they say it, or i guess frankly some people just dont care if it hurts. I remember my ex-boyfriends mum saying to me 'thats a nice skirt Belinda.....makes you look thinner' and she didnt mean it in a flattering way at all. And there was countless similar times. I guess Im lucky now my boy's parents are absolutely fantastic, but i do know what its like when they're mean, i cant imagine how hard it must be for you living with them.

Im totally emotional too, so I say cry as much as you want, sometimes it makes you feel better in the end. And even if it doesnt, at least it gets the tears out.

And I say an enormous well done to you, congratulations for fitting into the dress! Thats awesome, its always so good to see results!

And if you ever need to talk, we're all here listening and you have me on myspace so feel free to message me on their if you need to b*tch!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend
<3 Belinda
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby soontolookdamhot » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:19 am

o girl things arent going so well. chin up, anyone who cant tell u how well u've done to go down 2 dress sizes is crazy. keep up the good work and hope everything turns around for u :)
soontolookdamhot

Postby Alexandra » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:51 am

Wow, the dress, congratulations and your b!tch mother-in-law thing is totally out of line. :shock: *hugs* I'm sorry you are going through such a torrid time a the moment. The best thing you can do for yourself is focus on yourself and be good to yourself (because it sounds like no-one else is at the moment) *sorry* :(
Take care, well done on your weight loss success to date - that's awesome, keep going!
Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Next

Return to Weekly Weigh In