It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:55 am

Free Newsletter

Ambryis weigh-ins :-)

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Ambryis weigh-ins :-)

Postby Ambryi » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:16 pm

First of all, hi everyone! I've been a lurker on here for about a fortnight now 8) After having a nice loss on the scales this Wednesday I thought its past time to start charting my progress (now thats theres something to chart! :D)

:arrow: Starting Weight: 75kgs (10th Sep 08)
:arrow: Current Weight: 71.5kgs (24th Sep 08)
:arrow: Goal Weight: 62kgs (Hopefully by the new year!)

Now I've been meaning to get some measuring tape, but as yet haven't done so, so i'll update with that asap.

Quick run down;- Basically I'm a curvy-figured gal, since i left high school have been between 62-64kgs (except for about 2 1/2 years ago, when I dropped down to 59kgs for about 8-10 months, mostly due to stress - have to say, although I don't think back on that time fondly for other reasons, I did very much enjoy being that weight!). Anyway, put on an extra 10kgs (or more..) over the past year, i eat pretty badly, i drink too much coffee, occasionally binge on alcohol, i smoke a lot. Never thought about myself as particularily vain, or concerned with weight, but apparently i am - self-confidence has dropped as my weightline has expanded and i feel self-conscious in public, especially when eating out with my slimmer friends or shopping with my boyfriend. Would *love* to feel fit and vibrant and attractive again.

So anyway, after that slight depressing rant, on to goals :lol:

~So far have upped my water intake (not sure how much i drink a day to be honest - but, ahh... my number ones are clear :oops: so i go by that method of.. ummm.. deduction)
~no sugarary snacks!! (we stock kool-fruits in our office, bane of my working existance! occasional chocolate or sugar in fruits/other foods obviously exempt)
~breakfast every day! (i made my own ceral from a rosemary stanton recipe - very nice!)
~raw, healthy food included in lunch or dinner (ie, side

My next targets will be (1) regular runs (starting tonight or tomorrow morning, depending when i get home from work) and (2) thinking about joining a fitness classs (not a gym - something like a weekly yoga class). Will decide in a few weeks once everything else has been nicely incorporated.

My god, that was EPIC! Didn't mean to ramble for so long!! :P

Would just like to finish up by saying that I love reading everyones stories, and have had a lot of inspiration from others here in the forum. Am sounding more and more like a b-grade actor so i'll leave it there for now :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtMIPOZ/]
Ambryi

Re: Ambryis weigh-ins :-)

Postby Shalimar » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:25 pm

Hi and welcome, quite an introduction there, congratulations on your loss so far and best of luck with the rest :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Ambryi » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:03 pm

Shalimar wrote:Hi and welcome, quite an introduction there, congratulations on your loss so far and best of luck with the rest :D .

Thanks :) I actually weighed myself on Friday night (couldn't resist!) and I was up to 72kgs :?: :!: Hopefully that pans out a little more in my favor by weigh-in day (wed) but I guess I'll have to wait to then to find out. Totally killed my buzz though :?
Ambryi

Postby HoochieMumma » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:43 pm

Hi Ambryi,

Congratulations on the weight lost so far. I tried to PM you but was unable hence, I have to post on your subject. Never mind. I am new here and never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would be on a weight loss forum. I am pretty much the same as you with regards to height (168 cm) and weight (75 kg). I have just bought the Censored thing as my aunty has been raving about it for a long time. How are you losing your weight? Have you found it difficult? Any tips or hints? How long do you estimate it will take you to get to your ideal weight?

I have never been on a diet and am horrified that I cannot seem to get below these 75 kgs. Once upon a time I would have hovered around 60 kgs (if not less). Ideally I would like to get down to 60 kg and at the moment this does not seem remotely possible. I even "feel" fat for some reason.

Anyway, that is enough of me blabbing on and feeling sorry for myself. I really do hope you can find the time to reply. It would make my day. Thanks again. HoochiMumma
HoochieMumma

Postby Ambryi » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:03 pm

Hi HoochieMumma,

Sorry I would have responded sooner but I totally forgot I made this thread :P as you can see I haven't kept it up to date at all!

First of all, welcome to the forum :D

I have no idea about/experience with the Censored book, although would be interested to hear from you what the book is all about. I orginally started the weightloss thing with The Gabriel Method (a book and cd by Jon Gabriel). Although the program didn't work as well for me, I highly recommend the book! I still listen to the cd often and incorporate a lot of his suggestions. Other than that I joined this forum as well as calorieking.com.au.

I completely, totally understand how you feel. I felt exactly the same. Particularily your comment on 'feeling fat' really touched a nerve :? The good news is, you don't need to wait until your 60kgs or whatever til you feel slim again - I felt SO much better after just a few kgs it wasn't funny.

I feel like a bit of a fraud giving out tips and hints like I'm knowledable on the subject - I'm just kind of muddleing though this. I guess the best thing I would recommend would be to jump on to calorie king (http://www.calorieking.com.au) and plug in some of your fav meals in to their food database. I don't use their program daily but I have found it helpful to keep on track with what I'm eating, or to compare food choices etc. I upped my water intake as well. And to be honest - rather than indulging in my hunger pangs between meals I let myself go hungry. Being hungry sometimes really isn't the end of the world, after all.

Altogether I've found losing weight hard sometimes but mostly easy. I guess I lost about 4kg in the first month, and 2 kg in the 2nd (I am a lot less strict now that I'm happier with my weight - still want to get a lot further down though of course).

I'm sure you can get way more info and help from some other forumers on here, who know loads more about losing weight than I do :) If you have the time, have a surf through the forum and I'm sure you'll pick up plenty of tips and inspiration.

I can see myself a lot in you, and I promise you things really aren't so bad *hug*
Ambryi

Return to Weekly Weigh In