It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:33 pm

Free Newsletter

Dino's weekly weigh in

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dino's weekly weigh in

Postby Gordz » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:05 am

you're like the silent reaper arent you... not overly prominant on the boards but consistantly getting decent losses... good job
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Alexandra » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:01 pm

Thanks Dino! Another score on the loss board again this week and you've cracked over 20 kgs and you are over half way to your goal, that's a fantastic job!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby Dino » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:57 pm

lol yes iam the phantom :D i dont have a lot of time to engage in convo;s on the board but i try to make it into other threads to be social.. and i do appreciate all the kind words for other members ..
This week was another good week , have not done anything different but came in a bit lighter this week as oposed to the last to weeks , dont know why. But iam not dwelling on it i just want to get to my goal eventually.
This weeks numbers 116.6kg from 118.0kg for a loss of 1.4kg , back into the big numbers very happy but as long as it keeps coming down i dont care if it wass 0.1kg.
cheers for the support ppl..
start date 30.9.08
SW 142 kg
CW 113 kg
1st GW 100 kg

Dino

Postby Shalimar » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:26 pm

Well done once again Dino, you're going great guns :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:50 pm

wowsers, another big week for you Dino, cracking job! Well done - keep up the great work.

Alexandra

Postby Dino » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:53 pm

Hello again my friends.
feeling good stayin positive 115.5 from 116.6 :) 1.1 kg hmm hmm .. my cuzz said last week 16 weeks till 100 kg
and i laughed , i might just start beliving him now.. i think i can i think i can ooops i know i can i know i can...
cheers all..
P.s still no exercise( like twice since new year) just eating 6x daily real clean.. my cuz its bichin at me though .. :arrow: but its for your cardiovascular system and general health ... still not reall keen though
start date 30.9.08
SW 142 kg
CW 113 kg
1st GW 100 kg

Dino

Postby Shalimar » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:53 pm

Great stuff Dino, you are doing so well :D .

Shalimar

Postby Dino » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:05 pm

MOnady monday , hope all are good and well. My numbers this week are 114.5 from 115.5 loss of 1kg .
Cruzing alls well getting ready for the count down from 110 to 100 will post some pics in due time..
cheers..
start date 30.9.08
SW 142 kg
CW 113 kg
1st GW 100 kg

Dino

Postby mumnbub » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:20 pm

congrats on the 1kg loss- is a great effort and you should be proud of yourself, good luck with getting to the 100's, am sure that you will do great
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby Shalimar » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:48 pm

Great stuff Dino, well done.

Shalimar

Postby Alexandra » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:17 am

Dino - another top effort - you are really doing well. Yep, not far from goal now at all - that's great! :D Can't wait to see the new pics!

Alexandra

Postby Dino » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:36 pm

thanks for the encouragement peeps :D .
This week iam pretty proud good week 113kg even, from 114.5 loss of 1.5kgreally happy today. I can see that 100 its closer than ever.
been watching the biggest loser getting some extra motivation . I cant belive how much weight they lose in one week , but i still dont want to exercise ,dam they get put through the workouts from hell. but slow and steady will do for this old turtle :D
And i dont wanna start anything i cant continue , i have made many lifestyle changes mostly to do with my nutrition which i can keep up for what i feel the rest of my days but exercise arrrhh we just dont get along ..
cheeers ppl
start date 30.9.08
SW 142 kg
CW 113 kg
1st GW 100 kg

Dino

Postby stevo » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:47 pm

Hey Dino,

I know you're not a big fan of exercise mate but what about walking?

Here's a really simply strategy that I've found to be really effective at getting the weight off fast. I assue you that you'll be amazed at how quickly the weight will come off if you try this out:

It is called the, ‘Maximum Fat-loss Protocol’ and involves a number of simple steps that when followed can literally turn your body into a 24hr-a-day fat burning machine!

Once you understand some basic human physiology, the reason why it is the best way to lose weight becomes clear. The 4 steps in the ‘Maximum Fat-loss Protocol’ are as follows:

1. Wake up and take a thermogenic (a cup of coffee is ok)

2. Exercise for 30-60 minutes

3. Wait 20-30 minutes

4. Have breakfast

It really is the best way to lose weight! Obviously morning exercise may not suit some people so we will also examine an alternative option, which can achieve the same result.

When we wake up in the morning our blood glucose (blood sugar) level tends to be low (unless we’ve had a midnight snack!). Our metabolism also tends to be low at this time of the day. When we take a thermogenic, our blood level of free fatty acids increases and our metabolism is given a boost.

Now we have created an environment in our body whereby our blood sugar level is low and our blood fat level is high.

The second step involves exercising for 30-60 minutes. The exercise should be aerobic in nature. This means it may be walking, swimming, cycling, boxing, rowing, participating in an aerobics class or exercising on a cross-trainer.

The exercise should be performed at a moderate level of intensity; enough so your heart rate and breathing rate increase but not so much that your muscles start burning from the accumulation of lactic acid.

Exercising at a moderate level of intensity means that your body can use either fat or carbohydrate as a fuel source and since your blood sugar level will be low and your blood fat level will be high, a greater amount of fat will be used as fuel during the exercise session.

If you exercise at a higher level of intensity a greater proportion of carbohydrate will be used as a fuel. Since your blood glucose will be low already, performing high intensity exercise will force it to become even lower still resulting in you becoming extremely hypoglycaemic (low blood sugar). This may cause you to feel nauseous, dizzy and shaky.

The third step involves waiting 20-30 minutes before having breakfast. As a result of taking the thermogenic and exercising, your metabolism will remain elevated for quite some time after the session has finished. An elevated metabolism means your body burns fuel at a faster rate.

Since your blood glucose level will still be low and your blood fat level will still be high post-exercise, you will keep burning fat during this 20-30 minute window. If you make the mistake of having breakfast immediately after the session your blood glucose level will rise, inducing an insulin spike, which will stop fat burning. It is best to get home after your exercise session, have a shower and get changed before having breakfast.

After waiting 20-30 minutes have breakfast. It is best not to wait longer than that because cortisol will start to rise. Cortisol is the most catabolic hormone in the body, which means it will break down muscle if it increases too much. A loss of muscle will slow your metabolism. That is why it is the best way to lose weight.

As was mentioned earlier, exercising in the morning before breakfast may not suit some people. Accordingly, it is still possible to achieve the same outstanding results by manipulating your exercise session no matter what time of the day you exercise. All you need to do is perform some resistance exercise (weight training) before your aerobic exercise.

The weight training will deplete your body of it’s blood glucose because it is a high intensity form of exercise, which means when the aerobic exercise is performed after it fat will be used almost exclusively.

Here are the steps to take if you can’t perform the standard ‘Maximum Fat-loss Protocol’:

1. Take a thermogenic before your workout

2. Perform a resistance training workout

3. Perform 20-30 minutes of aerobic exercise

4. Wait 20-30 minutes

5. Have your next meal

Performing either version of the ‘Maximum Fat-loss Protocol’ at least 5 days a week will result in unbelievable losses of body fat, especially if you combine it with a suitable nutritional plan. Try it yourself and prepare to be amazed at the results you achieve. It really is the best way to lose weight!

I hope you find this strategy useful champ!

Regards,

Steve.
Last edited by matchbox on Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: signature removed due to spam
stevo

Postby Alexandra » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:07 pm

1.5kg, great effort - keep it up Dino! :D

Alexandra

Postby Dino » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:50 pm

wow nice post steve , i showed my cuz ( his a fitness freak) and he said spot on mate .
He has been tryin to get me to do some exercise for months. So you's have got to me now iam gunna start doing what you said this week , prolly start 2 morro. I will keep you post on my progress. thanks for your imput mate..
And a big thanks to my bestest budy Alexandra hope all's well with you mate..
start date 30.9.08
SW 142 kg
CW 113 kg
1st GW 100 kg

Dino

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In