It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:15 am

Free Newsletter

kangagirl FIRST WEIGH-IN

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

kangagirl FIRST WEIGH-IN

Postby kangagirl » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:31 am

Hi y'all...my first weigh-in = 80kgs, my goal is 70kgs...i will next weigh-in when i can proudly tell you all i am 75kg, cheers...thanks for all yr support, u seem a nice bunch, :P
kangagirl

Re: kangagirl FIRST WEIGH-IN

Postby kangagirl » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:06 pm

oh god, my resolve is weakening - i feel SO HUNGRY - this is always the problem. i am busy, stressed trying to tidy up the house, 2 gorgeous kids but it's full-on and i think i also munch constantly for stress-relief....am being good, snacking on yoghurt, apples, cups of tea, but it does not satisfy!!! HELP :cry:
kangagirl

Postby redrose78 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:52 pm

I find when I feel like something naughty I have one Werthers Original Cream Candy. Takes ages to get thru, definately satisfies my sweet tooth and they aren't all that bad for you either! Just don't eat the whole packet in one day :wink:
redrose78

Postby kangagirl » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:54 pm

thanks redrose, will have to see if can find this in supermarket - but i am the kind who has to eat a whole pkt of whatever i open, not disciplined enuf..am stronger when i keep away from naughtys, but really appreciate yr advice, how r u going?? :P
kangagirl

Postby redrose78 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:58 pm

The good thing about the werthers is you can't just wolf them down, takes ages to get thru one. I kow that by the time I am finished my sweet tooth has been satisfied. You know, I don't usually have a sweet tooth. It just seems to be on the days that I exercise. I get the need for something sweet after dinner. Fruit doesn't do the trick. I sometimes have low cal jelly, some flavours are quite nice. The way I see it is if you are good all the time, you are more likely to have one of those nasty binges with all the naughty foods.
I am doing good. Already gotten my 30 mins of exercise in, will do weights this afternoon. Looking forward to this Sundays weigh in actually, getting excited to be nearing the double digits again :)
redrose78

Postby kangagirl » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:08 pm

GOOD ON YOU!! i can c u have lost 5kg already which is fantastic - it will all add up and u will be looking great v soon. I like yr idea of a Iow cal jelly - i will def try that!! lucky you have time to go to gym, unfort with 2kids i cannot find the time, but have started doing 50 situps in mornings...unfort, gorgeous 3yr old son climbed all over me so simply was impossible to complete them!! keep up the great work...
kangagirl

Postby redrose78 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:53 pm

No, don't go to a gym, I used to, used to have a personal trainer aswell. I didn't lose much weight so I cancelled the membership. I have a weight set here at home and I have my exercise bike. I also have a few exercise DVDs that I'll do when I feel like it.
It would be hard to juggle exercise with kids. Maybe do exercise with them? Maybe going to a park and kicking a ball around? There has to be some things that you could do together that will benifit you.
redrose78

Postby kangagirl » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:39 pm

hi redrose - oh ok, yes i also joined gym and had a personal trainer and whilst worked for a while, i got pregnant and no time for it, then baby no.2...so u having a bike and weight set at home works for you?? ....i am thinking of getting a recumbant exercise bike for home then that will be much easier to access. thnx heaps for yr advice, cld involve my 3yr old boy in playing at park but have 6mnth old baby girl that have to watch!!---so still tricky, but hubby is also keen for me and himself to get fit so we figure an ex bike is a really good idea - i used to have one and like you became quite dedicated ...thnx again for advice, and pls keep me updated with yr progress ok! u sound like you're on a winning cylce :wink:
kangagirl

Return to Weekly Weigh In