It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:12 pm

Free Newsletter

HERE GOES.. my weekly weigh ins

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

HERE GOES.. my weekly weigh ins

Postby Kristy89 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:52 pm

So, iv finally decided to dedicate myself and lose those last few stubborn kilos. My Weight 12 months ago was 85 kilos and i have since lost 20 kilos. Before Christmas I got down to 64.2 and put 2kg on over christmas. So, last week was my first week of healthy eating and getting back into the gym since christmas and I lost 1.7kg so I am now at 64.5kg. My first goal I would like to reach is 60kg, and then my next goal is 58kg. Wish me luck :-)

SO ill make this my first weigh in.. which was saturday morning...

64.5 kg
START:85kg
CURRENT:61.5kg
GOAL:60kg

ULTIMATE GOAL: 58kg
Kristy89

Re: HERE GOES.. my weekly weigh ins

Postby Kristy89 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:03 pm

So far this week I have lost 0.2kg. It's only a start but I guess its only Wednesday so im happy.

Kristy89

Postby MissMinx » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:52 pm

Good Luck Kristy! Im around the same boat as you - wanna get down to 60kgs and then maybe just a kg or two under that would be completely perfect for me.

Good luck like i said - I was 62.8kgs in Nov just before I went on my Bali trip and since getting back from that and then over xmas Ive put on a good 3kgs and its been lingering there now - i know what to do to get back down to 6.28kgs - its hard work but i got there...just gotta find that drive again and I will because i want it soooo very badly!

Cheers from
MM
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby Kristy89 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:54 pm

Great to find some one who can relate to me :-)
So how are you going so far getting rid of that holiday weight? lol.
Good luck to you as well :-) Those last few stubborn kilos are almost as hard to lose as the first 20!
x

Kristy89

Postby MissMinx » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:31 am

Hi Kristy,

Wow you've come a long way...you gotta be so proud... how tall are ya?
Im 165cm.

Well its been hard cause all the holidays have passed now and I treated myself quite a bit. I think things like carbs every night stuffed me up - before when I was training hard to get down to 62.8kgs I wasnt eating carbs at night for like 3-4 months straight so yeah it adds up over time - when I say time its been since Nov 13th to now, Ive put on those 3kgs.

My bday was on Wed and I pretty much had a enough of everything...I wasnt feeling the way I was back in November - I was sooo pumped! so yeah I'm starting to feel like Im falling into that horrible trap and unless I pick up my game I'll end up where i started which was 71.5kgs... no fkg way I want to allow that to happen.

So yeah today officially I have begun... I got up this morning and ran 7kms on my treadmill. Breakfast: oats, touch of skim milk, water, touch of honey. Snack: small tub No Fat youghurt & 2 apricots. Lunch: Rice paper rolls with chicken (only today tho i usually bring in my lunch when Im strictly dieting mountain bread, chicken and filled with salads. Afternoon snack: Peach & some raw almonds. Dinner: protein and steamed green veggies.

Stick to a simple/fresh diet as above and appreciate the tastes of those foods and exercise...then you're on your're way. Get that body moving and enjoy the exercise - I love walking and running. I have a 4km golf course near my house that I do laps around - morning and night time on the weekends cause I love being outside. This will help speed up the metabolism heaps and you'll feel so much lighter on your feet.

When you're exercising think about the nice healthy food you'll be eating afterwards and how good you'll feel once you've finished exercise and the endorphins have kicked in :)

Ahhhh just writing this out makes me motivated..

Let me know what your plan is?

MM

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby Kristy89 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:35 pm

Wow that's awesome. Your meals sound really structured.. very similar to what I have really.
Breakfast: High Fibre Cereal, Oats or Baked Beans
Snack: Yoghurt or fruit
Lunch: Protein (Tuna, Fish, Chickpeas) and Salad or Veg
Snack: Fruit and almonds or just fruit
Tea: Generally Fish or red meat with Veg

So we have a similar plan going there! lol

Great work on the 7km on the treadmill! That's my personal best on the treadmill so far.. 7.2 I think.
I used to be so unfit, when i started at the gym 10 months ago I couldnt even run 3 minutes at Level 8.
I can now run 30 min alternating between 9.5 and 10.5, 50 minutes at level 9, and 20 minutes at level 11. Im slowly working my way up and trying to improve both speed and endurance, but Im still working on the on foot running which I struggle with. But im proud because ive come such a long long long way fitness wise.

I just head down the road to my gym everyday.. very convenient! I generally do an intense 1 hour workout a day. Burn anywhere between 500 and 700 calories depending on the days program.

I've stuck to that basically all week, had a couple minor slipups. I weigh myself officially tomorrow morning, although I had a sneak peak today and I was 63.3 so that means a loss of 1.2 this week so far, so fingers crossed.

I know how it feels though trying to get rid of those kilos you put on but feeling like youre just slipping. You feel like youre never going to be able to get on top of it again. I gained 2 kilos just in the 3 weeks over christmas. But thats gone now so im happy :-)

Best of luck and keep me informed!
Kristy

Kristy89

Postby Kristy89 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:24 pm

oh and by the way im about 160 to 165 cm myself :-) not 100% sure though lol

Kristy89

Postby Kristy89 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:26 am

OK FIRST OFFICIAL WEIGH IN.... (this is for Saturday 17th Jan)

wait for it...

63.3kg (thats a loss of 1.2kg and 3.3kg off my goal.. yay)

Kristy89

Postby Shalimar » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:54 am

Well done Kristy :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby MissMinx » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:53 pm

Holy $hit Kristy congratulations! How much exercise have you done in the past week to get that sort of a weight loss?

I was getting good numbers like that before Bali my metabolism was in overdrive going nuts! and I was exercising 2 hours a day, lots and LOTS of running and weights 3-4 times a week.

Wow you are sooo close now - you must be pumped! I remember that feeling of just losing week after week...it kinda even scared me how fast it was coming off at one point.

Good diet you have - very similar to what i did and it works!!

Where about in Aus are you? Im in Melb and this week is a scortcher! I still plan to go home tonight and do my 8km run/walk - Ive knocked over my 5kms walk this morning already - my body is sooo stubborn to lose weight at the beginning that I need to push myself to the ground to see results.

Do you live at home with parents or married with a hubby? How is your eating plan fitting in with them?

MMxo

MissMinx

Postby Kristy89 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:31 pm

I honestly dont know why im losing those numbers.. i think its because i was eating so horrible over christmas that it was a bit of a shock to the system. i treat myself on weekends though and i think i went a bit over board this weekend so i dont expect good results next week. plus, i had two good losses in a row so i expect no loss or a slight gain for next week. but hopefully it will all be muscle!

im just exercising about an hour a day at the gym but its pretty intense exercise in my opinion. well, for me it is anyway lol. i started with a 20 minute run one session at level 11 and did bout 3.6km.. and then i continued by doing the session that the gym had prepared which i did about an hour of which included 2km on the life bike, 1km on the rower, 1km on the Cross Trainer, 500ft on the versaclimber and weights and resistance exercises in between the cardio.
Generally ill aim to burn anywhere between 550 and 750 calories in a session whether i work out for 45 minutes to an hour and a half.
I think the benefit of my gym is that the programs change everyday so our body is always doing something different which doesnt give it a chance to plataue(spelling?) and come to a standstill which tends to slow down weight loss i believe.

Im in Adelaide.. pretty warm here too.. but im loving it. For once in my life i can wear clothes i like rather than walking around in long trackpants and baggy tshirts lol. and i want to get into the beach this summer.

Im only 19 (20 in feb) lol so nah dont have a hubby or kids just yet. My family live about an hour away. I moved down originally for uni but dropped out but i am now hoping to go back and study health science and nutrition and maybe do a fitness course at some stage. think ive finally found what i want to do.

how about you?

Kristy89

Postby MagicGirl79 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:42 pm

Congrats on your loss this week Kristy - you're so close to your goal you must be able to smell it by now :wink:
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby milkyway » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:28 pm

Congrats on your weightloss this year. You're so close to your goal and working really hard to get there so you deserve to be rewarded with your losses :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Kristy89 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:49 pm

thanks everyone, it means a lot to me :-) im so close but it still seems so far away, im getting excited! when i reach 60 im getting my belly button pierced and when i reach 58 im getting a tattoo.. chinese symbol for inner strength and self improvement.

Kristy89

Postby Kristy89 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:29 am

After having not the best week eating wise I really didn't expect a very big loss, although I kept up my gym visits and had some intense workouts. I bet my last 7.2km run on the treadmill by almost 10 minutes! lol. I felt fantastic.
But anyway, I hopped on the scales this morning, not expecting to be happy. My boyfriend said however, that I was looking great and he was sure I had lost something.

And then.. the scales read... 62.2kg!!!!!!!! Yay, I lost 1.2 again and I'm 2.2kg off my goal. Never been happier, and this is my lowest weight EVER!

Kristy89

Next

Return to Weekly Weigh In