It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:22 am

Free Newsletter

HERE GOES.. my weekly weigh ins

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: HERE GOES.. my weekly weigh ins

Postby Shalimar » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:40 am

Great stuff Kristy, you are doing so well.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Kristy89 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:26 pm

Thanks loads. My boyfriend is taking me to the revolving restaurant when I reach 60kg :-) That has been the plan since I was in the high 70s so that's something to look forward to. I have decided on a tattoo now, I still wouldn't mind getting the chinese symbol some other time, however I know I've found the one I want. I think you just know it when you see it. It is a puzzle piece which to me represents life in a number of ways. First of all, life is a puzzle and we continue getting new pieces of the puzzle and putting them together to create life, although we never see the final picture. It represents the idea that things happen for a reason.. no matter what choices we make, right or wrong, and however we try to re arrange the pieces in our puzzle, our lives are mapped out and created for us. Also to me personally, it represents the fact that there are many aspects of my personality and stages of my life that fit together like a puzzle to make me who i am... Inside the puzzle piece are stars which represents reaching for your goals and the determination to get to them. I think it is a perfect representation of myself and what I am trying to do with my life, by reaching my goals and not giving up. What do you guys all think? Im getting it on my left shoulder blade.

I also want to get foot prints on my hip. It is significant because I love the foot prints poem. Not necessarily in a religious way but I see it as a representation of my family being there to carry me in my hardest times. So that will just be a set of 3 foot prints.
START:85kg
CURRENT:61.5kg
GOAL:60kg

ULTIMATE GOAL: 58kg
Kristy89

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:44 pm

I love it! I think both the puzzle piece and the footprints are very original ideas for tattoos, and it's great that they hold such meaning for you.

I got a tattoo when I was 22 and I've never regretted it. It's a couple of little bats on my chest. Even though I'm not a goth any more it's great to see them and be reminded of who I was and where I've been over the years. I'd love to get another tattoo but I can't for the life of me think of any design I'd want at this point!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Kristy89 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:26 pm

i took in the design and got the tat...
never thought i would be saying this.. but im not happy with the result.. now its there for life
i dont think ill be going back to the place where i got it from... the end result seemed very amateur.
so $150 later and a permanent mark on my body, im a bit disappointed.

Kristy89

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:37 pm

Can you get it fixed up at another tattoo parlour? What went wrong with it that you are so disappointed with the result?
EvilWombatQueen

Postby MagicGirl79 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:37 pm

Hey Kristy - Congratulations on your weight loss this week. You must be feeling fantastic about being so close to goal, and also you must have loved the feeling of seeing a figure on the scales that you can't ever remember seeing before!!

I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with your tattoo, that is horrible. I agree with EWQ, I would go and see another tattoo palour and see if there is any chance of fixing it.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Kristy89 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:06 pm

Thanks Magic Girl.. yes I was on a high all day yesterday seeing that figure on the scales, best feeling in the world. Makes all the pain worthwhile!

I think I just had high expectations when I had my tattoo done. I took in the design I wanted on paper and expected it to be exactly identical. My mum thinks it will look better when the swelling goes down, but I don't know. I just can't decide. Atleast I know it will always hold the meaning that is special to me which is the main thing. Not sure if it would be possible to fix up somewhere else?

On the left is the design i took into the tattoo parlour and the right hand side is my actual end result... what you think?

I also feel like I am ready to post some body shots.. My boyfriend took them for me this morning. Still not 100% happy but I am getting there and I feel so much closer!

The first one is with an old pair of pants on I used to wear when I was at my biggest. Such a reality check.

This next one I am a little embarrassed about just because im self conscious lol. But this is a bra and undies photo lol (dont mind the mess in my room, its in desperate need of a clean haha) Basically this photo shows my progress on my top half in particular. However it is my bottom half including my legs, bum, thighs and knees where I still hold that little extra weight which wil hopefully come off in those last few kilos I want to lose.

Kristy89

Postby mumnbub » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:42 pm

your looking really great, considering you were 85kg you really have great skin with all that weight loss. Congrats on the effort.
As for the tattoo- i can see why your disapointed but it does still look ok, it might just need time for the swelling to go down as you said. I also think that maybe if you go somewhere else they could tidy up the edges by makingthem thicker looking- just a thought.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby MissMinx » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:49 pm

Hey Kristy,
How are ya? Infact let me answer that for you - YOU'RE FANTASTIC! heheh you sound so happy with your achievements! well done! you got down further than me when I went to Bali which was 62.8kgs.

From when you were around 68-70kgs...how long did it take you to get down to 62.2kgs out of curiosity?

Where is your photo lol? I couldnt see an attachment anywhere.

Write soon
MM
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:53 pm

You're looking brilliant! And I wouldn't worry about the tattoo. Once the redness dies down you'll probably find it looks great.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Kristy89 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:25 pm

Thanks everyone. Yeah I think I am growing to like the tattoo. But either way, all that matters to me is that no matter what it will always hold the personal meaning that I got it for in the first place :-)

Miss Minx, thanks, I'm great :-) It's hard to say how long it took me to get from 68 to 62.2 because ever since I reached 70 I have been quite up and down. Losing a few, gaining a few etc etc. To give you some indication though, on 5th January I was 66.2kg. So basically in a month I've managed to lose 4 kilos. Don't ask me how haha, must be a fluke. So I think I can safely say, if I hadn't had any major slips ups before and over christmas, I could have achieved that 6kg loss in 2 months probably. But I treat myself on weekends. I eat what every one else is eating, some times I even go overboard. So I could probably even lose faster if I didn't do that but I don't believe in depriving myself. I should be able to enjoy what every one else enjoys as well as living a healthy lifestyle. I expect the weight loss to go quite slow now that I've reached these lower numbers, but I will try my best to hang in there!

I'm on a bit of a high at the moment. I just finished a gym session. Had a good chat with the trainers there and they asked about my tattoo. I explained its meaning and how I lost 20 kgs and that's why I got it for myself. I also showed them a couple of old photos on my phone, of me before I started losing the weight and they couldn't believe it. They actually seemed proud.. I guess because they have played a huge roll in changing my life. They said I look great. I also enquired about this new L.I.F.E program the gym has going. It is basically a program that goes for 8 weeks where you get coaching sessions, nutrition and meal planning help, counselling etc. I asked how much it is and they said "You don't need it!" So I felt pretty stoked.

I don't think I will get a very big loss this week. I had a bad weekend. Being Australia day and all I probably went a bit too far with my eating and drinking. But fingers crossed I can atleast maintain my weight from last weeks weigh in.

Thanks for all your help guys. I know I havent been on the forunm long, but it really helps having people there!

Kristy89

Postby Kristy89 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:27 pm

Oh, and the photos should be there... hmmm. I can see them. Can you see them yet?
If not I can email them to you if you want to private message me your email or something? But it's no biggie.

Kristy89

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:33 pm

They're showing up okay on my computer too. Not sure why they wouldn't be working for MM.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby MissMinx » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:23 am

Hey Kristy,
I couldnt view the photos at work for some reason but I looked at them last night at home and I saw them! Nice work you look fantastic! wow from where you started wow wow wow! amazing!

Nice work on losing 4 kgs in a month I seriously dont know how you did it too..your body must not be as stubborn as mine to lose weight you lucky thing!! well done!

I am the same on the wkds I dont deprive myself I have a nice chocolate bar and that may be any bar i wish to have! plus alco and a bit of carbs on a Saturday night - thats when Im in strict mode oh and some alcohol too.. lately i havent still been able to break the cycle of SOME carbs at night and a bit of choccie here and there - I guess thats why ive maintained around the 66kg mark and havent budged. What do you treat yourself with on the wkd?

Nice work at the gym and what they said to you - you cant beat that seriously! .

OH gosh 44 in Melb today and 43 tomorrow..I dont know how much I can take of this heat! I cant exercise even in the mornings now cause its too hot upstairs at our townhouse :( soooo crappy!

Keep up the good work and keep us posted.
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby Kristy89 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:16 am

Trust me my body can be stubborn :-P I had a sneak peak at my weight this morning and its gone up to 63.1kg lol so there you go! haha.
I treat myself with anything on the weekends haha. I go a bit overboard sometimes. But yes, I love the chocolate. If I have something on with mates I'll have a few drinks, or i'll choose a meal or two and have takeaway.
Yeah it's hot as here as well. It reached 45.5 yesterday in Adelaide, and reached 47 in Murray Bridge which is my home town where my family are at the moment lol. Lucky my gym has air conditioning, but boy it can still get hot in there.
Im expecting a few stubborn weeks with my weight loss now. I always get them after a few good losses. It did take me over a year to lose 20 kg afterall lol.

Kristy89

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In