It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:22 am

Free Newsletter

Runners New Weight

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Runners New Weight

Postby Runner » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:12 pm

Hey Gordz, I jut did your 'ideal weight' I reckon its actually 83.16kg. (hope i haven't werided you out) I found that at 194cm you are 42cm over 1.52. I divided 42cm by 2.5cm to get 16.8. I then times 16.8 by 2.25kg and got 37.8. I then added this to 45.36 and volia 83.16kg.
It probably gets abit out of wack the taller you get too. for example the bones in your legs that would be in the first 1.52cm of your height but because your taller they would probally weigh more to be stronger to support the extra height so the 45.36 kgs might be too light a weight to start of at. That is of course if i can explain the werid wanderings of my brain.
Runner

Postby longy » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:54 pm

I think (if I've done the maths right- total possibility I haven't!) my ideal running weight is 59.76 kilos. Which made me feel pretty good because I'd set a goal for 60kgs and means that I had a pretty good idea of a healthy and 'fit' weight for me. It's also good because it's 5 kilos more than my competitive swimming weight which was SO difficult to maintain and was one of the big reasons for me quitting the sport when I was 17!!!! Okay....but back to positivity, thanks for including that formula runner and well done on the 25mins of running!!! It's great when you have good, feel-good days like that- are you getting the runners high yet?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMpdEJU/]
[/url]
longy

Postby Runner » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:35 pm

Weigh in day yesterday didn't go so well, up to 65.8kgs. Dunno it dosn't really worry me that much, mainly coz i'm begining to run better. Oh well see how we go next week.
As for the runners high, I don't think i've had it yet. At the end of a run though i always feel really good doing my streches!
Catch you soon.
Runner

Postby Amethyst » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:54 pm

Apparently mine is just over 45.36kg. I didn't even think that was within my BMI. I really don't think I'll ever be that weight.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby Runner » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:24 pm

Amethist, I was just wondering what your height is? I'm guessing its about 1.52cm?
Runner

Postby Amethyst » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:33 pm

I'm assuming you mean metres? I'm 1.53m Also today I was thinking of getting into running. I need new shoes though. My runners pinch. What would you suggest for me to start running?
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby court » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:57 am

*jumps in on thread* Asics! But it really depends on your foot type.. Asics are the best running shoe.. *jumps out*
court

Postby Amethyst » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:28 am

I figured maybe something that is good for my bad style of runni8ng/walking. Fitted. Maybe like Athlete's foot says they do.
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:23 pm

Amethyst, if you have a bad style of running it might be best to go to a sports podiatrist first. They'll analyse your run and foot-fall and recommend what sort of running shoes to go for. There are a few running shoe shops that will do this, Active Feet in Prahran (Melbourne) has some podiatrists on staff. Cool Running Australia has a forum where you'll find recommendations on how, and where, to get best running shoes (link).

My favourite shoe right now is the 'Rocket' by Earth Shoes. It's a bit weird compared to most running shoes because the heel is lower than the rest of the foot, but it's magnificent for my plantar fasciitis because it has great midsole cushioning.

I calculated my ideal running weight and it would be 57 kilos. It's scary that they recommend you don't run until you're within 3 kilos of that weight. 60kg is less than my goal weight! And as Court pointed out, it's a Catch-22. Running is a great way to lose weight, but you need to lose the weight before you can run! I had the same dilemma with my plantar fasciitis. It's a foot problem caused in part by being overweight. The best treatment is to lose weight. But if you have PF you are supposed to stay off your feet as much as possible which makes it difficult!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Amethyst » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:52 pm

Well I don't know I run badly. I just have been told in the past I do.
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby Runner » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:34 pm

Well I had a bad week this week. I sure know where shalimers weight went! Up to 66kgs. I missed a few runs and didn't watch my diet so i guess thats what i get. So new goal is 64.2kgs by my birthday at the end of july.
Runner

Postby Shalimar » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:06 pm

Sorry Runner :( , hopefully you'll make up for it next week :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Amethyst » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:36 pm

I've realised why I think I run badly. My shoes get destroyed quickly and in ways that apparently surprise people.
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby Runner » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:11 pm

Well I'm back again! Summer is getting real close so i'm going to stop hibernating and get my self beach ready! Weight up a 1kg from when i left, So i've got 7kgs to loose. My plan is going to be fruit based. Basically lots of fruit, skip the unhealthy junk i've been eating, and repeat my new motto 'Skinny feels so much better than junk can ever taste!' My running also droppped back to a cupple oftimes a week, so thats going to increase. I just can't wait for the pool to open again, man i miss swimming!

catch you saturday morning!

Runner.
Runner

Postby Runner » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:38 pm

Weight was the same this week. A lady i catch the bus with is loosing weight and is so excitied about it. I can't wait till i can skite again. I am going to reach 64.2kgs before we go on our beach holiday.

Current weight 66.9kg.

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Runner
Runner

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In