It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:42 pm

Free Newsletter

Miss Jo's Weigh In... 14.9kg to lose!

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Miss Jo's Weigh In... 14.9kg to lose!

Postby Miss Jo » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:46 pm

Hi guys,
This is my first weigh in!!! Will post on Mondays! Wish me luck!!!

SW: 69.9kg
1st GW: 64kg
Final GW: 60kg

Re: Miss Jo's Weigh In... 14.9kg to lose!

Postby court » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:57 pm

Good Luck Miss J! Would love to know what your plan entails - that way you are accountable to it if you put it down! :P :shock:
court

Postby Miss Jo » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:11 pm

Thanks Court!

Well I will definitely be going out to get some Spelt Bread or Lawsons (based on Dane's recommendation) will continue to do my toast for brekkie ( I love it too much, don't make me give it up!)

For lunch - I'm going to have to work on this (hopefully with the advice of the people from this forum), probably get some salads happening at home, some sushi, rice paper rolls... apart from that I have no knowledge as to what I should be eating (something easy to make, and transport to and from work but also yummy and filling enough so I don't feel like chocolate)

For dinner - I usually have rice (I am chinese, and HAVE to eat it a few times a week otherwise I miss it haha) with lots of vegies and lean meats (mostly stir fried, with just a teaspoon of oil) I also eat alot of asian vegies (bok choy, chinese broccolli and others) just boiled with some oyster sauce.

I've been snacking on bananas more often as of late - instead of chocolates so I guess that's a good start!

As you can probably tell, I don't really have much of an idea as to what I should be eating (I know what i shouldn't be eating though! so i guess that's a start?)

and as for the exercise part of the plan - I usually do martial arts 3 nights a week (and nothing else for the rest of the week :oops: ) the new me will be doing the 3 nights and 30 mins a night of walking on the days I don't train. Having said that - my partner and I just bought a place and have our final inspection tonight. Settlement on Monday - so with all the packing and moving - I don't think I will be exercising much for the rest of this week and next :(

Once we are settled, I WILL train 3 nights a week and walk Bonnie (my beautiful adopted furry kid) before work ( :roll: ) for 30-60mins, everyday!

I was actually thinking about getting a treadmill or cross trainer for the spare room - but not sure if i will use it... I might try out the walking and see how that goes!!!

Phew... what a long one!!!

Postby court » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:16 pm

Sounds like you have a brilliant plan and good motivation which is key!! I think you should check out calorie king - lots of people on here swear by it and you can set up your own personal profile... from what you have said i dont think you are eating enough :roll: I know weight loss huh it is a science!
Can you switch to lower GI rice like Basmati or something like that? I am on Jenny Craig but I know a little about nutrition as well so I am heppy to chat! :)
I would be more inclined to eat 6 smaller meals a day incorporating a variety of foods from grain, vege, fruit and meat serves..your dinners sound perfect and very balanced..lunch could perhaps have a little more salad and you should try and get two fruit serves in a day...yoghurt is great for protein and as a filler (i just ate one and am about to ride to the gym fro two hours it will hold me til i get home!)...perhaps a little resistance training to create lean muscle wouldnt go astray either!
there are a lot of different opinions when it comes to weight loss but really you need to find soemthign that is right for you :)
court

Postby court » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:19 pm

Congrats on the new place!!! I just bought one too and we have been in 3 weeks - am in love with it it is sooo much fun!
court

Postby Miss Jo » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:23 pm

Yup I do! haha now I just have to execute it! :shock: although, even having typed it out... I feel better already!

Not eating enough? hmmm... this weight loss thing confuses me... :?

I have signed up to CK already and it says I should be consuming 1320 cals per day! Question is when I exercise i burn some off - should i be eating these back?

I have a 10kg bag to get through and I think I will make the switch! Does it taste different?

Ooh JC delivers food? or is that just lite n easy? I was tempted to join up and have my food delivered. But knowing what I'm like, once that stops and I have to make my own choices... I will more than likely make the wrong ones... :oops: So that's why I want to start fresh and do this the right way for me!

Do you have any dressing in your salads?

Sorry about all the questions but you seem very knowledgeable =)

Postby Miss Jo » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:26 pm

Woohoo congrats on your new place too! The banks apparently haven't received my sign mortgage papers yet :? I sent them last Wed. hmm... I hope it gets there soon - otherwise settlement will be delayed... and I won't be too happy! :|

Postby court » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:28 pm

banks hey! could drive ya crazy! I will give you a more in depth post soon! Just have to finish off for the day... also check out my post in the meantime... "Court is Almost Where" in the almost there section xo
court

Postby Miss Jo » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:30 pm

Yup I HATE them! haha well not really - otherwise I wouldn't be buying hehe...

Will check out your post too :D

Speak soon Court!! xx

Postby starr22 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:16 pm

Good luck Miss J :D Keep us posted.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby skinnymini » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:59 pm

Hi Miss Jo! I am new here too...good luck with your weigh in! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgAe0m9/]
[/url]
skinnymini

Postby Miss Jo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:03 am

Thanks Starr and Skinnymini!!!

I will def keep everyone posted!!! :lol:

Postby Miss Jo » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:04 am

Ok so I couldn't help but weigh myself! still at 69.9kg hoping that's because its TTOTM - but then again, it's only been a few days hehe

I am not going back to my impatient ways!!! :evil:

Postby Miss Jo » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:54 am

Woohooo 69.5kg

loss of 400gms :D :D :D

Postby court » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:57 am

Yaaaay!!! Congrats Jo that is fantastic!!! (we are still almost identical hehe!)
court

Next

Return to Weekly Weigh In