It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:50 pm

Free Newsletter

FunStoppers Journey...weekly weigh ins

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

FunStoppers Journey...weekly weigh ins

Postby funstopper » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:48 am

Ok, well I have started my journey (see my post "A Journey" in the introductions section) and I have been weighed for the first time in forever cos I have been to scared and gutless to do it up til now.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Starting weight, 16.06.09 => 130kg

Well there it is, I've finally said it out loud, I weigh 130kg. Not for much longer. I will continue to weigh myself weekly and so as I don't cheat myself I am being weighed by our district health nurse, she is a lovely lady and is very supportive. I have been down there this morning, had a big chat and she gave me heaps of great advice as well as the number of a dietician that works with them I can see if I wish and I think I will.

My first weight loss goal is to lose 0.5kg this week;

My first exercise goal is to walk 30 mins at least three days this week;

and,

My first journey goal is to ring the dietician for a chat and make an appointment

Well, thats it for me for today, I'll be back next week to weigh in, review my goals and set my next goals

So here I go...journey begun
FunStopper
Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did

funstopper

Re: FunStoppers Journey...weekly weigh ins

Postby court » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:52 am

Best of luck FS! you can do it keep us posted! x
court

Postby funstopper » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:33 pm

Thanks, I am very determined so hopefully all will go well and when things aren't going so well I am hoping that being a part of this forum will give me the motivation and inspiration to push through and keep going

Cheers
FunStopper
Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did

funstopper

Postby Shalimar » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:46 pm

Good luck with it FS :D .

I was heavier than you when I started but once you get into the swing of things there is no going back.
All the best.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby funstopper » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:58 pm

Well, today was the first stop on my journey...first weigh in. I was so scared and nervous about going to the DHN and weighing in, I had so many questions and thoughts running through my mind;

What if I hadn't lost anything, what if I had gained weight, what if I hadn't done enough to move the number on the scales in a downward direction, should I just give up and forget about it, I don't have what it takes to change my life and lose all this weight??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I have never doubted myself like that before, but I pulled on my shoes, put the kids in the car (it was raining or I would have walked) and headed down to the nurses.

When I got there she was so happy to see me, said she was so glad to see that I'd come back cos after last week she had thought about me a few times through the week really hoping I stuck with my decision to change my life cos I had been so positive about it last week. She made me feel so at ease and remember how I had been feeling last week and with a renewed positivity I was reading to jump on the scales...all my doubts disappeared and I knew that I had done enough cos I had done my best, I'd set myself a goal and I had stuck to it, now it was time to reap my rewards

I jumped on the scales and the results are:

Starting weight, 16/06/09 => 130kg

Current weight, 23/06/09 => 128kg

Total loss to date => 2kg

I am feeling so proud of myself right now, its hard to put into words but I can't wait to continue on my journey.

I have conquered my first week and first set of mini goals, I lost more than 0,5kg, I exercised 30mins more than 3 times and I called the dietician, didn't make an appointment but we had a chat about it.

This week, I am again aiming for a 0.5kg loss and at least 3 x 30 mins of exercise and I will make an appointment with the dietician

So, thats it for me for this week, I am leaving with a smile on my face and look forward to coming back next week for my weigh in
FunStopper

funstopper

Postby Amethyst » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:13 pm

That's a 2kg loss in 1 week? That's excellent. You should be happy. I look forward to seeing more of your results.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby Shalimar » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:29 pm

Thats fantastic FS, well done to you :D .

Shalimar

Postby funstopper » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:15 pm

Ok, so today was weigh in day. I only had a very small loss this week, 100g. Better than a gain but still a bit disappointed in myself. See, its my own fault that the number wasn't bigger, I have thought alot about this today and I really cheated myself in the past week. After such a good loss of 2kg last week I got a false sense of security and let my guard down. On the inside I told myself this weight loss thing was easy, even though I knew deep down I was wrong and only sabbotaging myself. I didn't exercise as much as last week, I ate way too many calories a day, I even stopped recording what I ate and the exercise I did cos I convinced myself it was so easy, afterall I'd already lost 2kg after only a week.

Well, today was a reality check, if you don't focus and you don't work hard you don't get the results you want. Don't get me wrong I'm not ungrateful for the loss but I know I cheated myself out of a much better loss. I was so disappointed when I didn't get to feel that proud feeling I had last week. But after thinking about it, realising where I had gone wrong I am now refocussed.

I WILL exercise each day and NOT use the weather, kids or hubby as an excuse

I WILL drink 6-8 glasses (minimum 1.5L) of water each day

I WILL eat smaller portions and better choices of food each day, and

I WILL NOT cheat myself or trick myself into thinking this journey is going to be easy EVER EVER EVER again

Well, I'll be back next week for my weekly weigh in and progress report and in the mean time I will make use of my journal thread to keep a track of my journey and help keep me on track.
FunStopper

funstopper

Postby Shalimar » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:49 pm

At least you know why you had a smaller loss and can do something about it, learn from it and move on.

Well done on the loss and best of luck for the coming week :) .

Shalimar

Postby Carley » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:09 pm

Good luck! I believe in you.
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby sarahm » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:01 pm

hi funstopper.just been reading your thread. WELL DONE!! losing already.it certainly feels great. think the thing i have been doing thats different for me this time is reminding myself that each "mistake" or cheat i make does not mean i should cancel out all the effort already made. kind of like "just get back on the horse" so some weeks i lose 1.5kg and others 2oogm and others stay the same. but if we can focus on the bigger picture i reckon we'll have much better success. i used to just give up-now i say 'there is always tomorrow!'. wishing u all the very best. sarahm.xx
sarahm

Postby Czarina » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:41 pm

It sounds like you are in the right head-space, and you are 'ready' to do it! It looks like that this week you have learnt that you have to be accountable for everything, and that there will be up and down weeks. But if you are consistent, it will all even out in the end and you will get there. :D
Czarina

Postby funstopper » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:18 pm

Thanks everyone for your support, it means the world to me. Your help, support and friendships is helping to steady me and keep me going. :)

I do feel like I am in good headspace right now and that my time has come, it is time for me to do this, in all the times I have attempted to loose weight I have never felt this way before, I have never really thought I could succeed but that is exactly how I feel this time, even with my little hiccup lasts week.

I am going to take your advice, treat this little hiccup as just that a hiccup, not a reason to give in and give up. I have learnt a lesson, a very valuable one, I do have to be accountable and I do have to work hard, but thats what we are all here to do and we CAN do it and we WILL do it.

I am even looking forward to next weeks weigh in, thats not to say I won't be nervous and scared out of my wits again but I am sticking to my game plans this week and I am sure it will pay off for me.

I HAVE exercised each day and NOT used the weather, kids or hubby as an excuse

I HAVE drank 6-8 glasses (minimum 1.5L) of water each day

I HAVE eaten smaller portions and better choices of food each day, and

I HAVE NOT cheated myself or tricked myself into thinking this journey is going to be easy

and I will keep it up for the rest of this week and every week from here on in.

Cheers everyone and good luck, if we think thin, we will become thin
FunStopper

funstopper

Postby funstopper » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:48 pm

Well, I've been MIA for few days, away working and didn't get a chance to report in after my weigh in last week. However, I am proud to announce I had a loss of 1.1kg. YAY for me, I was so proud of myself for getting back on track and refocusing and even prouder when I seen the results, so its on track all the way for me, I have learnt now that if I stay focused I will move closer and closer to my goal weight

So now my stats are as follows

SW => 130kg
CW => 126.8kg
GW => 69kg

I feel amazing to be able to say I've lost 3.2kg. I know I've got a long way to go to my goal weight but I am nearly half way to my original mini goal which was to loose my first 8kg by my birthday in mid august, I've got 4 and half weeks till then and I am feeling positive about making and achieving that first goal and when I do, I am going to go out for tea for my birthday and enjoy a nice meal (without the guilty conscience)

Anyways, I'll be back again in a couple of days for weigh in Tuesday.
FunStopper

funstopper

Postby Shalimar » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:09 pm

Well done FS,keep at it :) .

Shalimar

Next

Return to Weekly Weigh In