It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:10 am

Free Newsletter

FunStoppers Journey...weekly weigh ins

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: FunStoppers Journey...weekly weigh ins

Postby funstopper » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:36 pm

Well its been a long time since I wrote anything here. I have updated my adventures since august in my other thread (Funstoppers Journey....journal). Weigh in day is Wednesday so this morning I jumped on the scales with great anticipation as I have been getting right into my exercise over the past week or so and getting a lot out of it and my eating has been pretty spot on (I'm really getting the hang of this healthy eating thing). At my previous weigh in the week before I was 121.1kg and went I got on the scales this morning I had lost 1.7kg. I was so excited, I am now under 120kg for the first time in a long time and have lost over 10kg since starting this journey. Since starting weight watchers I have now lost 8.1kg in 9 weeks.

So, my current stats are

SW => 130kg
CW => 119.4kg
GW => 69kg

According to my weight watchers starting weight of 127.5kg my 10% loss goal is 114.8kg and I am hoping to get there by Christmas, I think it will be possible, thats 4.6kg in 5 weeks. I won't be too worried if I don't get there but definately want to be there by NYE.
Anyways, I'll report in again next week.
Cheers
Funstopper
FunStopper
Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did

funstopper

Postby sarahm » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:52 pm

hi funstopper-wow that's an excellent result!! weight-watchers is doing wonders for you, you should be very proud. being under 120 is great and will no doubt motivate you to keep it up! have a great wek-take care. :)
sarahm

Postby tania2573 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:41 pm

Well done FS that is an excellent result you have every right to be excited. Good luck for this week. :)
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby Sassyt » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:57 pm

Wow Funstopper

Your thread is so inspirational and very interesting to read.
Good luck with your journey. And yes with your determination you will reach your mini-goal :) .

T
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby funstopper » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:00 am

Well, here we are for another weigh in today. Had really mixed feelings about weighing in, I haven't been the best this week and had over done it one particular day with way to much zucchini slice (10 slices is wow over the recommended daily dose). I worked my butt off for the rest of the week though to make up for it, I walked every day that I could, some days I couldn't cos we finally had some really good rain (about time). I used my wiifit a couple of days and did some yoga and some strength training. I am more determined than anything to reach my 10% lost goal cos then I am going to buy myself an EA Active Sports game for my Wii.

Anyway back to the point, I weighed in and to my surprise I really didn't have anything to worry about I had a good loss of 1.2kg, so my current stats are as follows.

SW => 130kg
CW => 118.2kg
GW => 69kg

Thank you to everyone, Sarahm, Tania, Sassyt and anyone else that has been following my progress for your support, it is much appreciated. I'm not sure if I'm inspirational but thank you for the compliment. I know I am very determined and I am not going to be a fatty anymore. I have chosen my hard....its hard losing weight but its also hard being overweight....My hard is to lose the weight, I'm sick of being overweight.
Till next week, hope everyone has a great week and good luck to all with your weigh ins
FS
xx
FunStopper
Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did

funstopper

Postby tania2573 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:07 pm

Well done FS 1.2 is excellent. No need to thank me for encouraging you etc its my pleasure as reading your journey also helps me.All the best for the week. :)
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby Sassyt » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:04 pm

Wow great words FS

I like it, can I say it again??? lol

Its hard loosing weight and its hard being over weight I choose to loose weight. Very powerful thanks

You are doing great honey keep it up and good luck...
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby funstopper » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:19 pm

Well, here we are again...another weigh in day. I'm proud as punch to report that my weight is still coming down thanks to all my hard work and determination...sorry if that sounds a big up myself. I had a loss of 1.5kg this week, making my current stats as follows

SW => 130kg
CW = > 116.7kg
W => 69kg

Weigh in was a bit funny probably a had to be there moment but I'll tell it anyways...hopefully you'll see the funny side and get a bit of a laugh. As usual on a Wednesday I got up with the normal anxiety and stress about weigh in. I did the usual routine of get my son up, give him his milk and toast, had a glass of water and then a big wee. Then off to the scales. My scales are a bit different and tell you your BMI first and then your weight, but on the screen it also shows you your previous BMI and weight. I turned them on and up flashed my previous BMI 44.09, oh well here goes nothing was what I thought to myself as I stood on the scales. See I wasn't very optomistic about a loss as although I had been great in the exercise department in the previous week I had a few big whoopsie slip ups in the food department. I closed my eyes and waited to hear the beep that meant my current BMI would be on the screen. I peeked one eye open and looked down....43.69. Damn it, I thought to myself, I knew I had too many chocies and other crap this week. I gave the button a tap to change it to kg function and looked down. The screen showed previous weight 118.2 and current weight 116.7, my shoulders slumped in disappointed mean......then my brain kicked into gear. Hang on a minute...previous 118.2...current 116.7.....thats not a gain, thats a loss of 1.5kg. With more excitment and a whoopie dance waiting to bust out of me I flicked the scales back to BMI, something must be wrong. When I looked down at the numbers again I realised the number had come down not gone up. Lucky the brain finally kicked in. I jumped off the scales and did my whoopie dance, all be it quietly so as not to wake my 3 yo. How crazy is it the mind games that go on inside ones head, I was so sure I'd been bad this past week, at the very least maybe not bad but not good enough to have a loss that when I looked at the scales all I saw were numbers and didn't realise they were lower than the previous, my mind was playing tricks on me. Well, after getting over the excitment of my loss, I calmed myself and had some brekky. I'm pretty sure i am still on cloud nine right now, I just keep thinking that if I can pull a 1.5kg loss with the slip ups I had last week imagine what I can do with a perfect week. But then the mind games kick back in and I worry about losing weight too fast...damned mind games.

Anyways, I've set myself a chrissy target of 114.8kg and I'm feeling very confident that I will get there, and my reward for getting there will be to allow myself to relax and enjoy Christmas day for what it is...a day to spend with family and friends, have a great time and a good laugh, NOT just a day to stuff myself full of food and then feel so guilty about it that I can''t enjoy spending the day wih the ones I love. I just hope that some of my family that I haven't seen for a while notice my loss, I would really love someone to notice but if they don't no big deal cos I know I'm losing the weight and I feel great for having lost it. If I feel this great after loosing 13.3kg imagine how good I am going to feel once I have lost the 61kg to get to goal. Look out next Christmas, someone better notice the loss by then...hehehe

Well, I hope everyone else is having a great week and good luck to everyone with weigh ins and remember if you don't like where you are in life (ie your weight), MOVE...your not a tree (in other words, change your weight for the better by taking one day at a time in the directino of the new you....I AM!!!)

Cheers
Funstopper
xx
FunStopper

funstopper

Postby Czarina » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Congrats on the loss! It sounds like you are in a really great frame of mind at the moment - you go, girl! :D
Czarina

Postby sarahm » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:18 pm

hi-funstopper. wow-you are going from strength to strength! such great losses-big pat on the back to you. i can feel your grit and determination coming thru-you are going to get this DONE! i am thinking of joining weight-watchers myself, for some extra support. you are a warm and sweet person, and deserve to get to your goal to make you feel wonderful! best luck for the week. :)
sarahm

Postby Sassyt » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:16 pm

Hey FS
Well-done on your loss so far, you sound very focused right now, keep up with that frame of mind you will be on your goal weight soon. Good luck for the up coming week.

T
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby Daisybeck » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:57 pm

Congratulations on the loss FS! It's great when you see all that hard work pay off. :)
Daisybeck

Postby tania2573 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:39 pm

Great work FS well done.
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby funstopper » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:53 am

Well, I didn't report my weigh in last week, I did weigh myself but after a horrible week and a gain I was too embarrassed and depressed to write about it...that is until now.

On Friday night, not just gone the one before, I was enjoying a really nice evening at our local pub with great friends (or so I thought) when the need to go to the toilet arose. As I entered one of the two cubicles I heard the familiar voices of two of my nearest and dearest girlfriends enter the bathroom. I was just about to speak up and let them know I was there when the first one said "So what do you think of xxxxxxx's (insert my real name here) weight loss?" Hearing that I stayed quiet to hear the response and then later I would exit the cubicle and thank them for their kind words and tell them what great friends they were and how lucky I was to have them in my life. However, the reply probably wasn't what I was expecting..."She's doing a great job so far but how long do you reckon it will last?" And as I slumped back down onto the toilet seat all ears listening to their conversation this is how it unfolded.
"Yeah, I dont know probably not long."
"She is so obssessive about it, but then she's like that with everything, this is just like her latest phase she is going thru."
"I know, its kind of sad really, I know she's going to alot of effort, watching what she eats and exercising most days but all that effort will be for nothing when she moves on to her next fad thing and puts it all back on."
"How is she doing it do you know? I heard she was only drinking xndo shakes"
"I heard she had been to the doctor and was on one of those weightloss pills, duromine or reductil. Do you believe her story about doing it properly with weight watchers and just exercising heaps."
"I don't know, she doesn't seem like the type to exercise to me, unless its her elbow lifting another pot to her mouth"
"Hahaha...yeh now thats the kind of exercise I like too...hahaha........lets go.............." And thats where the conversation trailed off has they left the bathroom with me still locked in the cubicle tears welling in my eyes.
I had never in my life been so hurt by two people so close to me. I had confided in these to girls about my weight loss and how I was doing it and I thought I could trust them. I know I am a little obssessive about things but I think their words were a little harsh. I really thought I could trust these two girls, afterall they were the two that helped me get through a bout of depression earlier this year and after I was diagnosed with OCD they were there for me. Now, I just find myself wondering what were they saying behind my back then.
That night I started to lose the plot, I didn't say anything to my "friends" I just carried on as if I had heard nothing but I started to drink more heavily and I began to eat all the nibbles on the bar, had a packet of chips and then when someone ordered a bowl of chips and gravy from the kitchen to share I almost devoured the lot.
The next morning I woke to a bit of a hangover and so much guilt about getting of track and drinking and eating so much (up till that point I had saved enough points for the week to indulge in 4 pure blonde stubbies which is my drink of choice lately, however judging by my headache I went well over that amount). I pledged to myself that it wouldn't get me down, I would soldier on and it wouldn't affect me, I'd show them, I was going to lose all my excess weight and not put it back on and then they would be proven wrong.
How wrong I was...what happened next absolutely floored me. As I sat at the breakfast table, gingerly sipping a cup of tea, I mentioned the overheard conversation to my hubby. Instead of the support I was expecting I got a totally unexpected result. In a nutshell his words were that he agreed with the girls, I was obsessed with this 'weight loss thing'(his words not mine). He said it was like a stupid hobby and that it was taking all of my time, out walking for at least an hour a day and on the bloody computer tracking what I eat, when I should be paying more attention to the kids and getting stuff done around the house. He actually said something along the lines of this being worse than when I was originally diagnosed with OCD.
I was absolutely floored. I didn't know what to say so I said nothing. I was so crushed, even more so than the night before by my friends. This was my husband, the one person who is supposed to love and support me unconditionally. Needless to say we barely spoke for the rest of the weekend and speaking was limited to the bare essentials, "good morning" "how was your day" "whats for tea" "how were the kids today" etc for almost a week.
For the remainder of the weekend I ate everything and anything in sight. Just a small example would be, a packet of tim tams, two packets of 2 min noodles with grated cheese melted on top, numerous chocolate crackles left over from the kids christmas party, lollies by the handful, pizza, and the list goes on and on.
Then on Monday morning I woke with all the good intentions but by mid morning I was eating bbq shapes by the handful and drinking coke, not my usual diet coke I sometime indulge in but real full sugar coke. Then in the afternoon and evening while catering for a dinner function I found myself "taste testing" everything...turkish breads and creamy dips, pavlova, cream puffs, potatoes drenched in butter etc. Yesterday was a little better but only as I was busy with kinder orientation in the morning and then numerous other commitments in the afternoon. Then on the morning of my weigh in I nearly wasn't going to do it and then I remembered my pledge I made Saturday morning and decided I would do it anyway...just maybe it will be enough of a shock to get my back on track. I had gained 300g, which considering the previous 5 days of no exercise at all, even limited incidental exercise and all the eating is pretty much a miracle. I was determined as of that morning that my "friends" and my "husband" can eat my excess fat cos I don't want it anymore. I firmly strapped myself back on the wagon and decided I will do this for me. I am not losing weight to show them I can do it, bugger them. I am doing this for me and for my health. I have decided that I will never mention the overheard conversation to my "friends" but for a while at least I will have minimal contact with them and just see what happens. As for hubby he'll be in the dog house a bit longer yet, not sure when I'll let him out.

Well, that was a week ago and here I am today facing another weigh in, I was so nervous this morning standing in from of those scales, I knew I had done all the right things this week and exercised each day but I could still faintly hear the voices of my friends in my head. I shook their voices out of my head and climbed onto those scales with more trepidation than ever. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and then opened them again to look at the number staring me in the face. WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO, I'd had a loss of 1.8kg. I'm back...thats what I thought to myself, dispite their comments and their doubts...I'm back and I am going to kick this weight and get to goal. This time next year I can't wait to sit back in that cubicle and hear what my so called friends have to say about me then, not to mention my chubby hubby.

So, my stats for last week and current as of today are as follows...

09/12/09
SW = > 130kg
PW => 116.7kg
CW => 117.0kg

Today,
SW => 130kg
CW => 115.2kg
GW => 69kg

And, hears to the week ahead, this week I am hoping to hit my next goal and reach my 10% loss of original WW starting weight. Thats another 400g to lose this week and I'm sure I'll smash it.

Cheers
FS
xx
FunStopper

funstopper

Postby lynz1981 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:47 pm

:( Some people just have no idea about how hard weight loss can be, or have no idea about being overweight at all. Keep your chin up, and just try and use it as motivation to show them that you will be able to keep it off. We are all here to support you and your journey xx
Starting Weight 112 KG 01.11.09
Weigh In 110.1 KG 06.12.09
Weight In 107.1 KG 13.12.09
lynz1981

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In