It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:22 am

Free Newsletter

FunStoppers Journey...weekly weigh ins

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: FunStoppers Journey...weekly weigh ins

Postby Daisybeck » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:36 pm

Myself and everyone else here are SOOOOO proud of you sweetheart. It's unbelievable how friends and family can be so damned unsupportive and negative and how they can put their own needs before your own. This is your health and happiness that we're talking about here and they have no right what so ever to be so bloody rude to you. If I were you I would confront your 'friends' and let them know you were in the cubicle and heard what they said, just to see how they respond. Your husband needs a prompt wake up call as well, and he needs to be accountable for the way he spoke to you and how he made you feel because you haven't done anything wrong. These people seriously need to smarten their act up and start showing you some serious respect. It almost sounds like they prefer you to be unhappy because it suits their needs better.

You've done amazingly well mate and there's no need to feel bad about indulging because we've all done it. You just keep doing what you've been doing because you are a wonderful, beautiful human being more than capable of reaching ANY goal you set yourself. If ever the scales show something that displeases you then ignore them and just keep up with the plan anyway. I know you'll get there and stay there eventually and you have the full support of everyone on these forums.

Love and respect mate,
:wink:
DB.
Daisybeck

Postby funstopper » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:07 am

Hey Lynz and DB, thank you both so much for your kind words. It is so great to know that there are people here that support me and are happy for me. So thank you both from the bottom of my heart.

DB, I have decided that I am going to confront those two so called friends of mine but I am going to do it around this time next year when I am at my goal weight and looking really hot :D I will just casually walk up to them, strick up a conversation and then just mention that I remember this time last year when I was in the toilet at the pub and overheard a conversation...then I'll go on to recount the conversation to them and then I'll just turn and walk away. Afterall I don't need friends like that and with them around who needs enemies. In the mean time until that day comes I am going to use their words as motivation and it will keep me determined to keep going, I will do this for me and no one else but their words will help me get there.
As for my husband well he is still in the dog house and may never be let out. Nah, just kidding, I sat him down and explained how important this is to me and how it isn't just about losing the weight, its about my health. I have had high blood pressure since my second pregnancy and I am always sick with one thing or another and I don't want to be like that anymore. I told him I want to be fit and healthy so that I can live a long and happy life with him and the kids. He understood after I explained it to him and since then he has been much better. I was hoping though that it would encourage him to do something about his weight too but so far it hasn't, but I'm still hopeful. However, I do know that if he is doing to do something about his weight it has to be his choice, I can't force him, so I'll just wait and see.

Anyways, enough yabbering on from me, thank you again for you kind words and support it is much appreciated.

Cheers
FS
FunStopper
Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did

funstopper

Postby wannabeslim » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:46 pm

gosh i would feel like crap too, but im glad you turned yourself around instead of accepting failure.
maybe you should consider whether these friends are worth keeping. Friends are supposed to make your life better. not use you for a joke. you dont want to be their fat friend either. thats not cool!
i hope you do great in the future and when you reach your weight loss you will not only save your health and make you feel good - it will be the proverbial middle finger to all the people that have said nasty things. and that will be a good feeling!
2010 goal: get to 56-8kg and keep fit & healthy!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w02nLYq/]
[/url]
wannabeslim

Postby sarahm » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:17 pm

dear funstopper( ps-hate calling you that, it seems negative!) .hi there,well i read your post about your g-friends, and hubby's detrimental comments. then i had to sit down outside and gather my wits as i pondered WHY those closest to us tear the biggest strips from us...now i am back here posting my reply! in my own experience i have found that it is invariably my 'closest girlfriends' who have hurt or betrayed me the most during my adventure called Life. can't begin to go into the psychology of that behaviour here-suffice to say its a dark side of human nature and one which many of us have been affected by.i am so sorry for your hurt-can only begin to imagine how it felt hearing such nasty gossip. but-there are others of us who wish to keep extending the hand of true unconditional friendship and support here via this forum. your day will come-i do like your idea of waiting till goal to bring it up-after all revenge is a dish best served cold! bravo to you for having the inner grace and strength to turn this experience on its head to fuel you along on the journey you are determined to travel! AND GET THERE YOU WILL! as for hubby-well only you can mete out the right punishment ; ) but might i say i suspect a case of the green-eyed monster,lol? you are strong and true and kind-great virtues. wishing you the very best-go get 'em, and keep it up. it will be so very worth it!!!! xx :)
sarahm

Postby Gutsy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:57 am

FS what you have achieved is amazing and that is often the problem. The people closest to you are often also the people that struggle most to admit that a person is changing for the good, they want you just the way you were, because they know and love that person and in their own selfish way, they are sacred of losing the FS they know, in exchange for a new healthy, sexy FS. Don't ask me why some people can be so shortsighted, often the green eyed monster is also at play, but try to not take it personally, after all, they are the ones with a problem!

We are so proud of you, especially of the fact that you did not wallow in the mud for to long after such a painful blow. Show them that you are the better person and just keep on doing what you are doing, it is obviously working.

PS, leave Hubby in the dog box a little longer, he deserves it. :lol:
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcWjzFc/]
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby tania2573 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:02 pm

I just read about your "friends" so called, and sorry hun but i know you can do it and you will show them.Hope your having a good week. All the best tc. xx
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby funstopper » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:58 am

Gee Whizz weigh in day is coming around faster and faster each week, time is really flying by. I jumped on the scales this week with great anticipation as I had set myself a goal of reaching 114.8kg by Christmas and to my great surprise...I did it. I am so proud of myself, you could say I am proud as punch. So my current stats are as follows

SW => 130kg
WI => -0.6kg
CW => 114.6kg
GW => 69kg

With Christmas and Boxing day being huge celebrations in my family centered around food and alcohol I am going to try and be in control and not consume too much, I am going to indulge in a small taste of most things but remember that it is about portion control and not just stuffing my face. I am going to actually enjoy all the great christmas food this year instead of blindly eating until I am so full I feel sick. As for the alcohol I don't drink as much as I used to however being with my brother and SIL is going to test me cos when we get together we drink and be very merry. My goal for this next week is to hopefully stay the same but I am being realistic about it and have decided that if I do have a gain I will be ok with that so long as I can stay under 116kg. Then for the week of NY, I should be back on track as for the night of NYE I am to be designated driver this year so no huge consumption of beer for me and we are having a BBQ dinner with salads that I will be preparing so the will be weight loss friendly.

Sarahm, I read your post about hating calling me funstopper, please don't. It has been my nickname within my immediate family for a long time and believe it or not it is a very affectionate term. It sounds strange but I rather like it. It all began years ago when I was little as I would ask a million questions of anyone and everyone and they would always comment to my parents that they thought I would become a police woman when I grew up and my dad would affectionately reply, that would be right, trust one of my kids to be a funstopper!! From there it stuck with me and then through high school, I was always the sensible and cautious one so my friends picked it up too. In more recent times my husband has called me that cos I have always been cautious of what I let the children do as I am paranoid about them getting hurt but he is very adventurous and pushes the boundaries a bit trying some very daring and risky things at times. I am hoping that as we go into the future and I lose some weight I might feel a bit more confident to take a few calculated risks myself and be a little more adventurous, the perhaps my name might change and I might become known as the funstarter :D

This will probably be my last time on here before the big event on Friday so I would like to say a very big Merry Christmas to everyone that has supported me this year, you have all been wonderful and kind and so supportive of me and that has played a huge part in me being able to lose 15kg. From the bottom of my heart thank you all and I wish you all a fabulous festive season with lots of laughter, joyful memories and holiday cheer.

Cheers
FS
xx
FunStopper
Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did

funstopper

Postby tania2573 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:25 pm

Congrats on getting to goal thats excellent. I hope you and your family have a very merry xmas and a happy new year. All the best and see you next year. :)
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby funstopper » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:25 pm

Here we are, another Wednesday and another weigh in, but before I get into that I will have to tell you about my big decision last week.

After I weighed in last Wednesday and celebrated reaching a personal goal, I got to thinking about how I was going to get through Christmas and all the festivities surrounding it. I started to really stress about it and worrying about blowing my points, overeating and not getting portions right was doing my head in. I had a really shocking nights sleep that night, my brain just wouldn't shut off and I kept thinking about it. So, when I got out of bed Thursday morning all bleary eyed from lack of sleep I made a big decision. I wasn't sure if it was a good decision or not but it seemed the only logical thing to do. I had decided to give myself a week off weight loss and point counting. Starting Christmas Eve I wouldn't be counting points, thinking about portion sizes or stressing about getting enough exercise, I was just going to enjoy this Christmas. I mean, I know I have to learn to deal with Christmas and incorporate it as a part of my lifestyle each year as with other times throughout the years like Easter and birthdays etc but I just wasn't ready to face it this year. So, from last Thursday right up until I went to bed last night I was on a weight loss holiday.

Then came this morning and my weigh in. I wasn't nervous like I usually am, I wasn't anxious or stressed. I knew I had made my choice to have a break from my usual weight loss efforts and I was ready to accept that and whatever consequences it was going to have. I had thoroughly enjoyed my festive season, had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends and was ready to get on with life now. I practically jumped onto the scales and I didn't even close my eyes like normal, I was ready to see the gain after enjoying too much food and alcohol and too little exercise. I was pleasantly surprised to see that although I had gained it was onlly 1.2kg...I was expecting heaps more than that, I was braced for at least a 2.5kg gain.

So, the morale of the story is I have had a great time this festive season but now it is over...finished for another year. I am firmly back on track and its back to business. Next year I will deal with Christmas better by not burying my head in the sand and having a weight loss holiday, next year I will incorporate all the festivities into my new lifestyle and it will be just as good if not better than this year.

My current statistics are now as follows;

SW => 130kg
CW => 115.8kg
GW => 69kg,

and my next goal is to take one day at a time, eat right, exercise daily and most of all to have fun whilst losing weight and changing my lifestyle to a new healthy one. I have also set myself the task of trying to get to 105kg by easter.

Happy New Year to everyone
Cheers
FS
xx
FunStopper

funstopper

Postby tania2573 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:51 pm

WD FS i think you made a great choice there.Hope your well and heres to a good year for us all. xx
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby court » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:27 pm

I just read your story FS :)

I hate to play the devils advocate here but I reckon it is the BEST motivator that you heard your friends saying those things... It will be the BEST motivation for you in those tough times when you think why the hell am I doing this to myself... and you know what - I just WISH I could be there when you give them the what for!!! And I kind of wish I had a motivator like yours!!

When I first started losing weight my friends were the same - to my face! Saying things like "yeah I have lost weight before but what about after it is gone - the maintenance... you will just put it all on again!"

I am at 12 months of weight loss this Feb - sure I have had the odd week where I have had a gain - but I have chosen my lifestyle now - and as they are getting fatter I am getting thinner - and everytime we go out i remind them by ordering salad and a side of bruschetta whilst they hook into their schnitzel and chips... and i love it - wouldnt change it for the world.

As for your husband - he is jealous and insecure - he thinks that as you shrink you will start to get more attention (and TRUST me it happens!) and he is worried... hell my BF and I have been together over 7 years and he still gets all cranky when we go out now and i garner attention :lol:

Best of luck lovely and Im going to keep watching!
court

Postby funstopper » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:16 pm

Thank you Court for your kind words. I am definately getting my mileage out of my friends comments, it is like motivation plus. Every time I see one of them it makes me want it even more and makes me work harder at getting there so I can stick it to them.

It was weigh in day on Wednesday and I haven't posted any results yet as we had a bit of a computer issue...had two teenagers in the house (my niece and her friend) so I couldn't get anywhere near it :D

I graced the scales Wednesday morning with plenty of enthusiasm as I had a great week, tracking my food intake, making great food choices, being conscious of portion sizes and exercised to the max (min 1hour per day). I had lost 700g, was expecting more than that considering how hard I had worked but at the same time I am thrilled with a 700g loss, that is right on par with my average weekly loss over the past 4 months so I was pretty happy with that.

This week coming will be much of the same, tracking, good food choices, portion control and exercise. I am really coming to love my exercise. For Christmas I bought myself, from my DH, the EA Active game for my Wii, I've been doing a workout each morning and I love them. The strengthening and toning is going to be just great, can't wait to see some results...I can feel it, just want to be able to see it. I still go walking 6 out of 7 evenings for 5-60 mins and I love that time too, just me, my ipod and the fresh air.

Anyway, got a few things to get done before its time to cook tea, beef stir fry...YUM. Until next week xx

Cheers
FS
FunStopper

funstopper

Postby funstopper » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:37 pm

Gee, Wednesdays are rolling around faster and faster. This past week has been great, I've been good with my food and exercise again but the best part was really feeling like I am back in the zone, this year is really going to be good for me. No more half hearted attempts at losing the weight, its time for it to go. I have been hovering around the 15kg lost mark for a while now and for some reason in my head I just couldn't get past it. I mean I was trying but subconscious self sabotage kept getting me, I've been worried that I wouldn't be able to get past that 15 or there abouts mark but this last two weeks I have really been back in the game and after weighing in this morning and seeing a 1.5kg loss I am more sure than ever that I can do this, I am even hoping that by easter I can have lost a total of 25kg or there abouts.

Currents stats are:

SW => 130kg
CW => 113.6kg
GW => 69kg

I am so close to leaving the teens behind that I can almost taste it. I mean I know 3.6kg is a lot and will take hard work to move it for good but I can do it and by easter I would like to be down to 105kg. It should be doable, its another 8.6kg in the approximate 11 weeks till easter. Speaking of which I was in our nearest Woolworths supermarket last week and they already had easter eggs and hot cross buns on the shelves, only a small display but still I was like WTF???

I have set my next non scales related goal at being able to fit into my size 16/18 winter clothes. I have had them stashed in the cupboard for about the last 5 or 6 years which would have been the last time they actually fit me. This winter I want to be able to wear them again. I am currently wearing a size 20/22 but the 22's are getting a little too loose now, which is a great feeling. I figure if I can fit into my old but like new size 16/18 clothes then I will save myself a packet on winter clothes and seeing as how we are still only a single income family and money can be tight some times it would be very handy to have a like new wardrobe without the price tag of a new one.

Oh and I've set myself an exercise challenge too. It is my mothers birthday Valentines day and for her pressie I am going to register her and I in the Mothers Day Classic in Melbourne. Then for Mothers Day I will shout her a day in Melbourne and we will spend it together doing the walk. I am pretty confident that I will be able to do it but I would love to be able to do some of it running, not all but maybe some. I am also going to ask my other two sisters if they would like to join us, and by then I am hoping to be under 100kg and be able to show off my new and improved self to them. See there has always been a bit of rivalry and even a tad of censored between us about who is the fattest and who is the fittest, this year I want to blow them out of the water...competitive I know but thats what gives me the edge :wink:

Anyways, thats about it for me this week. If I'm not back in the meantime I'll post again for my next WI in a week.
Cheers
FS
FunStopper

funstopper

Postby Daisybeck » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:37 pm

Hey sweetheart, what a great result! Well done mate! :) :P :)
Daisybeck

Postby jewel31 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:44 am

Hey, good loss! You sound really motivated, I'm sure you'll reach your goal by Easter. There is nothing wrong with a little bit of sibling rivalry to motivate you along.
jewel31

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In