It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:37 am

Free Newsletter

Mr Happy's weekly weigh in.

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Happy's weekly weigh in.

Postby mr happy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:19 am

Well, i have decided that my weigh-in time for each week will be when i get out of bed at around lunch time on friday. The reason for the strange time being that this is when i set up on this site and started my little weight loss ticker you can see in my signature. I weighed myself to fill in the ticker, so will keep to that time.
Because of my weekend nightshift work, friday lunch time is the equivelant to me of a tuesday morning for most people. Straight out of bed after my first working day of the week.(thursday night)
So lets start it.

Starting weight mid may 2009------137kg.
Friday, July 31st 2009--------127kg.
Goal------100kg.
mr happy

Re: Mr Happy's weekly weigh in.

Postby sarahm » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:26 pm

hi mr happy! welcome to the forum and best of luck on your weightloss journey. you're amongst good peole here. sarahm. :)
sarahm

Postby mr happy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:55 pm

Thankyou so much for your warm greetings sarahm.

After purchasing a new set of digital scales during the week, i was a bit disheartened by the fact that my new scales read 1.8kg higher than my old ones, so for this week only, i have weighed myself on both sets of scales so that i can see the weight change.
Next week i will be using my new scales only.
I also adjusted my start weight on my ticker, i upped it by 1.8kg from 137 to 138.8 to coincide with my new scales.
All a bit confusing i realise!!lol

OK, so here it is,
Old scales.....126kg,
New scales....127.8kg

loss.....1kg. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
mr happy

Postby Shalimar » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:17 pm

Good one mrhappy, well done :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby mr happy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:46 am

Thanks Shalimar. :wink:
mr happy

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:49 am

Don't worry about the scales being a bit out. I think the only way you get a complete accurate weight reading is those big fancy scales at the doctor's office! As long as you use the same scales week after week you'll get an accurate measure of how much you're losing.

One question: have you considered doing a waist measurement as well? Tape measures are more standard than scales, and current medical theory is that a person's waist circumference is a far more reliable way of predicting the impact of their weight on their health than the scales are. (Link to the Australian Better Health Initiative: Waist Measurement Fact Sheet)
EvilWombatQueen

Postby mr happy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:21 pm

Thanks Ali. Yeah i have thought of that. Ive been meaning to buy a sowing tape measure to do this but keep forgetting. I will get one this week if i remember.
Thanks for the idea.
mr happy

Postby mr happy1 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:33 pm

OK a bit of an embaressing one this week!!lol Ive moved up the scales instead of down. :oops: :oops:
Last week, 127.8Kg.
This week, 128.6kg.

Its my fault, with my wife being sick, myself being sick, and my wife giving birth last night i have been sooooo busy and the drive through take away food has become my staple diet over the last few days.
My wife is still in hospital, but mum and bub are both going well, and i have our oldest daughter here (almost 3). So i should settle back into a routine pretty quickly and get back on the wagon. :wink:
A minor setback, but giving the citcumstances, im not punishing myself. Be a better one next week......i promise!!lol
mr happy1

Postby onthedecrease » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:07 pm

congraturalions to you both :D

Dont let it get you down- things happen, best of luck for next week
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby Moonsport » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:10 am

Great idea to set a time each week. i have been a bit spasmodic with weigh-ins. 11kgs is fab!
Moonsport

Return to Weekly Weigh In