It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:44 am

Free Newsletter

On target

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

On target

Postby Moonsport » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:07 am

I am doing ok. Not as good as i wanted eating wise, not as conscientious as i would have liked. Lots of excuses, family parties, dinner out with friends etc. I have lost about 2 kg. so on target for the surgery date! I am looking for support through the forum so any words of encouragement would be great.

Re: On target

Postby Shalimar » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:56 am

2 kilos is a great start Moonsport, well done :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.

Re: On target

Postby Beautiful Dreamer » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:12 pm

Just remember that you need to take one step at a time, and every step forward is in the right direction. It just takes a little change each day! It helps to have a picture of yourself of what you look like now and what you will look like at your goal weight and place it on the fridge and on the bathroom mirror as a visual reminder. And when you think about making a wrong choice you can remind yourself of your goals and what you will look like when you reach your goal weight.

It's easier to make excuses instead of focusing on your goal. But nothing worth so much as your health comes easy, and it takes a lot of effort. I have tried several diets, and I found that I would stick with it for about 6 weeks, and then gave up saying it was just too hard. I even went to the Gym 6 days a week for about 2-3 hours for about 12 months, and lost absolutely no weight! Talk about disappointing! So when I found a diet that make so much sense, was relatively effortless, kept me full, while allowing me one day a week to eat whatever I like, I had no cravings and found I can stick with it and to me, it's something I could do for the rest of my life.

So all the best with your weight loss journey.

Remember these Chinese proverbs:
The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

Starting weight: 114.9kgs
Current Weight: 110.1kgs
Goal weight: 65kgs
Starting Measurements: Chest: 114cms, Waist: 107cms, Hips: 127cms, Thigh: 73.5cms, Upper arm: 49cms
Current Measurements: Chest: 105cms, Waist: 103cms, Hips: 125cms, Thigh: 67cms, Upper arm: 45cms
Wk 1: -2.1kgs
Wk 2: -1.5kgs
Wk 3: +1.6kgs :(
Wk 4: -2.7kgs :)
Wk 5: -0.8kgs
Wk 6: +0.7kgs :(
My blog:
Beautiful Dreamer

Return to Weekly Weigh In