It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:57 am

Free Newsletter

Rachella's Progress Checks

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Rachella's Progress Checks

Postby waterbaby » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:00 am

Hi all

I am happy to report another decrease in my weight, although my first reported here.... It is a boost as I haven't got past the 3rd week for a long long time on previous attempts!! Been going now for 5 weeks

21 Feb '10
Today's weigh in: 100.5kg
Loss: 700g
Total lost to date: 3.3 kg

Motivation: Pretty high, eager to break my FIRST goal of my journey- breaking 100 and getting into the 90's. Awesome to be going now for 5 weeks without giving up.
How I feel: Bloated & tired. Day 1 of cycle. Anxious to be starting new job in two days time
Next weigh in day is: 28th Feb (my birthday) so I hope to report back with great news of reaching my first goal!!
Rachel - mama of 2 boys (DS7 & 2)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVRereJ/]
[/url]
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
Goal Weight: 65-68 kg
Working hard now! No room in my life now for half-hearted attempts!
waterbaby

Re: Rachella's Progress Checks

Postby Sassyt » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Thats a good loss Rachella
Keep it up
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby waterbaby » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:58 pm

Hiya
Checking in and very happy that I have REACHED my first GOAL!!
I was shocked when I stood on the scales and actually saw double figures and not triple! My first goal was always to break 100,
just a mental thing I thing but I DID IT!!
I am now 99.8 and the next goal for me is 97 and then get to TEN kilos in total which will 94 and then break 90 and onwards
Plan to spend more time trying to understand calorie king, I found it a little confusing...
I need to understand how I put more of my own recipes in it.
Have not measured my waist - plan to do that next week...
rach
xo
[/url]
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
waterbaby

Postby Sassyt » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:35 pm

Hi Rachella
I know the feeling I was so excited myself breaking the tripple digits from 105.8kg to 90something. It is a milestone, a very inspiring one too :) well done and keep up the good work.

Good luck :)
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby waterbaby » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:39 pm

thanks for that!
still on a high - now striving for 97 kg.....
[/url]
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
waterbaby

Postby big_love » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:15 pm

well done on break the 100 Rachella! Must be an awesome feeling to be in double digits! keep it up hun :D
140/117/85
big_love

Postby waterbaby » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:09 am

Sigh.....

6th Mar 2010
Today's Weigh IN: 100.6
Weight GAIN : 800g
Total weight loss: 3.2 kg

Feeling low

Something happened. I know what happened actually....
NO exercise for 2 weeks.... my excuse: worried about fatigue with new job.... pretty lame really.
Eating a little too much party food.

I need to try so hard to be positive right now. This is another "give-up" trigger for me. I must learn from my past that small blows like this is enough for me to lose all faith in my ability and trhow in the towel. The whole triple to double figures thing has messed with me too... I know I am not far from there and my next goal, so I cannot lose momentum.

I am glad I have this forum to talk this out. In the past I would be too gutted, too upset, ashamed, embarassed to say anything and all that supressed emotion would be forgotton with food treats.
On a positive note, I still have not been eating my emotions and no major "binges". Just a few too many treats, but none of them over the top thank god.

I know there must be plenty of people on this forum who have gained and plateau'd..... any advice?

Onwards and upwards...
Hope to achieve a loss next week.....
[/url]
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
waterbaby

Postby Sassyt » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:13 pm

Hi Rachella

The best advice I can give you is to keep going.

I began my weightloss journey @ my heaviest ever 105.8kg that is when I discovered this forum which has been my # 1 supporter ever since. I lost beautifully @ the beginning I even broke my 10kg weighloss mark in a space of +/- 3 months (from September - Beginning of December), I felt so good about myself like I was on top of it. I then I fell off the wagon round about first eve holidays, I came back again to this forum just .200g shy of 100kg it has not been easy @ all but I keep going.

Im no expect with these things but I know what you going through and all I can tell you is that DO NOT give up... Keep your head up, keep exercising and eating right. Its funny because I need the very same advice myself. Had a bad weekend, the worst ever but I know that I cant give up I need to keep going so I hope you dont mind if I steal the very same advice I just gave you and use it myselt lol...

Everytime I slip up few things come to my mind including giving up and just let my fat-self be but I always bounce back and choose to be kind to myself and remind myself that its ok to slip up once in while the important thing is to wake up and carrying on, that the good effort you put in always pay off eventually and it always work.

I hope you find your way back to the wagon and your way to a healthier you...

Good luck... :)
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby waterbaby » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:23 pm

thank you so much sassy, I really needed to hear that! Thank you so much for sharing your story.
i feel very unwell from birthday cakes (3 a birthdays in the space of a week here), chocolate crackles and a few other high fat high sugar things...
It has been very out of character, but the feeling i have in my gut I feel is enough to yell STOP! and get back to it.
I think it has helped to be up front and honest with my gain and not hide the fact like I always did in the past.

So THANK YOU, I will keep going. My family bought me a gym membership which I will sign up tomorrow. It gives me unlimited access to swimming, water aerobics etc which I find energising (and also the creche for my wee man). Getting back to that will be a boost for me. I started a new job and the fatigue and stress meant I ignored exercise for TWO weeks and ta-da! what can I expect?!

I already know this forum will be a support place for me... a support I have never had before in my whole weight-issue filled 25 years!

Thanks again and lets hope I feel happier regardless of the scale next week.
Rach
xoxo
[/url]
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
waterbaby

Postby miss_viva » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi Rachella :)

Best of luck with your weightloss journey, and I hope that you are able to get a lot of support from this forum. Generally, I have found that people on here are so supportive and encouraging and it really helps to keep my motivation levels up!

I hope you enjoy your gym membership - I took up swimming this year and it's really helped me to lose weight. I try and swim between 2-5 times a week for about an hour or an hour and a half, and I have lost 7kgs since January. So a big shout-out to the benefits of swimming! I'm a fairly useless swimmer too, but I figure it all counts as exercise, no matter how slow I am or how uncoordinated I am ;)

Re: gains and plateaus:

They are SO frustrating! I have been pretty lucky on the whole so far and have managed to avoid long-term gains, but I have definately gone through stages where my weight has hit a plateau. Between Sept-December last year, I was really losing motivation and I lost hardly anything. Admittedly, a lot of that was self-inflicted, as I wasn't eating well and I wasn't exercising as much as I should have been. The most important thing is to KEEP GOING no matter what, and eventually you will get your motivation back, and you'll be able to break your plateau. It really sucks when you are eating well and exercising and you hit a plateau, but I have noticed that most plateaus tend to occur when we think we are doing well and we slacken off a bit, allow ourselves extra treats etc....

Another tip: Whenever I am frustrated about the scales not moving, I reassess my diet and exercise choices. Am I eating well? Have I been eating too much? Have I been snacking? Is there a reason for the gain? Have I been exercising? If i find that there is no "reason" for the weight gain, I try and reassure myself that I am doing everything I possibly can to lose weight, and that the scales will start to move again in time. If I am being honest and accurate, the weight will have to come off eventually!! It's just a matter of persevering until it does ;)

Don't stress about eating too much 'junk' over your birthday, it only happens once a year and you should enjoy it! Don't let your birthday celebrations extend too far on though, and get back into your regular diet and exercise habits ASAP. We all have moments where we eat 'forbidden foods', but the key is not to beat yourself up to it, and just put it behind you. If you have a particular food that is a weakness for you, try and incorporate a little of it into your diet so you feel less tempted by it and therefore less likely to binge later on. E.g. I love chocolate, but instead of sitting down with a family sized block (sad, but true - I used to think nothing of eating one of those in one sitting), I now just have a few squares or a chocolate biscuit at night instead to keep the cravings away.

All the best for your weighin next week, I look forward to seeing your progress! Don't ever give up :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby waterbaby » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:15 pm

Thanks so much for your advice, it means so much to hear thoughts from people who have been through this already.
I started back at the pool tonight after my two week break and swam 20 laps before tiring and have a creche booking tomorrow morning to do water aerobics.
I plan to have my gym assessment next monday and begin a weights session once or twice a week also.
So onwards and upwards!
I am SO please with myself that I have got through this bump in the road without giving up, a new experience for me..!!
Thanks again for your thoughts and support
rach
xo
[/url]
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
waterbaby

Postby waterbaby » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:43 am

Hi again

Checking in with happy success!

Monday March 15
Start weight - 103.8
Current Weight - 99.5
Loss this week - 1.1 kg
Total lost to date - 4.3 kg

VERY happy to have broken 100 after a significant gain last week! Thanks for those who supported me through that time!
I did 4 decent sessions of exercise, stuck strictly to calories on calorieking and drank at least 6 glasses of water each day.
PLUS began new habit of switching off all TV or PC at 9.30 and winding down properly before bed as my sleep was vey distrurbed and it was taking me hours to drop off. Now I am out like a light by 10.30 and it has made a real difference to how I feel.

Motivation is HIGH - I am officially joing my local gym/pool today and hoping to get there 4-5 times a week. My little ones like the carer in the creche so that is a relief!!
Love having more than a kilo loss and would like to continue that until I reach my end goal but to be realistic, a 500g loss needs to be my minimum i guess....

Until next week....
[/url]
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
waterbaby

Postby Sassyt » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:30 pm

Good work Rachella. It feels so good sticking to a good eating plan and exercising and seeing the results end of the week :)
Well done & Stick with it
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby waterbaby » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:31 pm

Hi all

Thank goodness! What a tough week (or at least last few days). I was not convinced I had lost anything, but *phew* I did it....

Today: Sunday March 21st
Start weight: 103.8
Current weight: 98.9
This week's loss: 600g
Total loss to date: 4.9
Goal weight: 65kg.... 33.9 to go....

My period is due now, this is the second cycle since my (focussed) weight loss effort, and if I remember rightly last month this was a censored time too.
patience, patience, patience.... with this difficult time for me, with these small losses that will eventually lead to the big big losses, patience with my family - I need to breathe more and be kinder to them all.

Wow, this is really IS a challenging journey and I am not yet convince I can make it yet....
until next week....
[/url]
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
waterbaby

Postby Sassyt » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:48 pm

Oh yes you can Rachella. I completely agree with you it IS SO DAMN HARD, yet doable... The most challenging thing for me is time... I hate to have to wait for whatever month to be whatever kilogram but you know what, it is all worth it... As hard as it is the reward is priceless...

You are capable of loosing weight, you are doing it as is... Its a bit frustrating when you keep good and loose nothing but with you its a different story... Just take it a day at a time :)
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Next

Return to Weekly Weigh In