It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:20 pm

Free Newsletter

Anna's health kick begins!

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Anna's health kick begins!

Postby flabbegone » Tue May 18, 2010 11:32 pm

Hi everyone!

I signed up to this site a while ago being all inspired but didn't get off my toosh and do much. So today will be the momentous day that I'm going to make my first post and start tracking my successes (hopefully!!) :)

A little about me, I'm 21, a Uni student and sick of being held back by my weight. I have some amazing friends who are all very supportive so they don't make me feel overweight but it's when I go out or to parties that I start to feel self-conscious. It's time I start living to the fullest!! I have so much energy and zest for life and I sound like a preacher when I claim to be living life to the fullest but really I'm holding back in many ways.

I started my new healthy way of life about 3 weeks ago and am already feeling a lot better for it! I've joined a gym and have put my confidence issues aside and have just leapt into it, going to as many gym classes as I can. The music gets me pumped up and the fact that I'm in a class makes work hard for the whole 60mins.

So start weight was 98.5kgs
18/05/10: 94.8kgs
3.7kgs lost so far! yay!
Aim: 70

Anyone else who can relate to me, or is already a bit further along in your journey I'd love to hear from you. We're all in this together! (oh dear that just sounded incredibly high school muscial) ;)
flabbegone

Re: Anna's health kick begins!

Postby court » Wed May 19, 2010 11:45 am

We're all in this together! (oh dear that just sounded incredibly high school muscial)

actually sounds like a ben lee song ;)

Good luck hun! I realised I needed to shift it when I was about 22 and 92kgs!! :D In exactly the same boat as you! Now i am 26 and a happy 68kgs (I was happier at 66 :lol: but thats another story :roll: )

I dropped the first 17kgs just be watching my carb intake, drinking water and walking - alot...around 8kms 5 days a week! Then as i got more and more into nutrition (i have done a few different weightloss things) i realised that it is about routine and consistency and being ORGANISED :o

So aim for 6 small meals a day, the fresher the food the better, a couple of carb serves, lots of veges, two fruit serves and lots of protein and drink WATER!! at least 2L a day :D Keep up at the gym but I'll be honest - although i work out almost 6 times a week I do that cos it makes me FEEEL good and it is a plus that it maintains my weight... Weightloss is 80% diet and 20% exercise for me...

I recommend checking out www.calorieking.com.au and setting up a profile.. I showed my mum the other day (she is a tiny 54kgs) cos she couldnt figure out why she was slowly putting on weight!! Turns out every night she was nibbling on almost 1000cals in PEANUTS!! :shock:

Anyways good luck - any advice needed just holla

Court
court

Postby flabbegone » Mon May 24, 2010 9:45 pm

Haha yes, well ben lee is probably a better alternative to hsm :)

Thanks court for your encouraging words! Good on you for losing the 22kgs, I would be so stoked if I have anywhere near as much success as you have!

As for your advice, I've signed up to Calorieking. I am getting so excited putting in everything I've eaten and finding that I'm under the calorie limit haha. Maybe it's the novelty value of it now, its a great website though!

I'm following a similar kind of plan as you to start with; eating regular smaller meals, exercising lots and drinking lots of water.

Weigh in is tomorrow, will let you know how it goes! :D
flabbegone

Postby court » Tue May 25, 2010 9:46 am

hey love!

I would be so stoked if I have anywhere near as much success as you have!

well i am stoked but ill be honest I still want to go further into this "thing"! haha. not neccesarily weight loss so much now but nutrition and what I fuel my body with - looking at how to get the most out of the food i eat!
Please let me know how you go - your plan sounds excellent! :D
court

Postby Freddy » Tue May 25, 2010 7:43 pm

Hi Anna, welcome to the boards and good luck on the journey.

As you said yourself, we're all in this together. For some advice on whatever weight loss related, just PM :)
Freddy

Postby flabbegone » Wed May 26, 2010 12:34 am

Thanks for the support guys!!

So I've lost .8kg this week which is better than nothing :) slow and steady! after 2.2 the week before I didn't really have huge expectations, plus I didn't do as much exercise due to crunch time at Uni.

Still on 94.0 and this week hopefully I'll see a happy 93 staring up at me on the scales :D

Just out of curiosity Freddy, I see you have a goal weight and a race weight? Are you working towards a big run or something? I was thinking of aiming towards a fun run kind of thing, 5 or 10kms by September. I saw the guys on the biggest loser run the marathon so I figure why can't I do it!! (or at least a shorter version :P)

Until soon kiddos!
flabbegone

Postby Freddy » Wed May 26, 2010 12:42 am

I'm not necessarily aiming for anything specific right now. My biggest goal right now is to get my weight down to 80. After that there's no real reason to go down any further, except for the reason that I want to join a cycling club and start riding races. At the moment I am just commuting by road bike, but I just want a bit more ;)
So hopefully one day, but it's not too important :)
Freddy

Postby Greenie » Wed May 26, 2010 3:56 pm

I think you are doing an awesome job...congrats with the loss this week.
A fun run sounds good, have you ever done something similar before? I did a mini triathalon about 4 years ago - back when I was a LOT skinnier and fitter lol!
I just bought a treadmill today so will start exercising tonight!! I can't motivate myself to run outside in the cold and I HATE gyms so I thought the treadmill the best option. Will see if it makes any diff to weight loss, although in the past I have found that exercise accounts for about 20% and diet about 80% of weight loss. My friend is a personal trainer and she said the same thing. The main reason I want to exercise is to be healthier and feel better, if there is any associated weight loss thats a bonus.

First Mini Goal: 75kg
Greenie

Postby flabbegone » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:59 pm

So I have had a pretty crappy week. Been sick, had lots of uni assignments due and have sunk back into bad habits! (also avoided this site and calorieking out of denial)

time to face the facts! this week I'm getting back into it and have a new burst of enthusiasm! I've lost 5kgs and no need to undo the hard work (I keep forgetting that it wasn't even so hard).

Will report back next tuesday after weighing in. This week was pretty much same as last week.

Peace out all
flabbegone

Postby flabbegone » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:55 am

So it's Thusday now, I've decided to change my weigh in day to Wednesday. So after that motivational/illness/hating the world lull 2 weeks ago, the last week I got mostly back on track, a couple of treats of the chocolate variety just cos I'd got used to them the week before. Yesterday weighed in at 93.1, so Yay!! .9kg loss and I finally saw a nice number of 93. Absolutely cannot wait to see something in the 80s!

One week til I embark on a little journey up north to sunny Queensland for a nice break so not sure how regularly this will be kept, but I intend on keeping healthy and exercising lots up there in the sunshine!

Good luck with your own journeys this week! Thank you to so many of you who have inspired me as your progress has pushed me to get past the initial 5kg hump when I stop seeing results and give up :)
flabbegone

Postby Greenie » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:09 pm

you are doing great - 5kg - wow - that is fantastic. So what if you had a bad week - I did too! It doesn't matter if we get back on track (which I have been trying very hard to do). Let's make this week ahead a good one :D

First Mini Goal: 75kg
Greenie

Return to Weekly Weigh In