It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:28 pm

Free Newsletter

Becky Weighs In

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Becky Weighs In

Postby 2ndTimeBecky » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 am

Its been a loooooong time since I have checked in here, my laptop died a sad death not long after my last post and I still havnt replaced it so am just jumping on quickly...

Have had some up and downs, have lost a bit, and am down from my last time I checked in on here for sure but its probably slower progress than I would have liked.....

Last weigh in was at 92.7kg which is a total of 13.7kg down from when I started :-)

Am sticking with what I am doing, planning and shopping for the weeks meals at the start of the week, and getting to the gym as many days a week as possible.... have just had some time off work and came back to 10 days straight of work so am currently exhausted and have been kind of slack since my return but I know after Sunday to rest and recover I will be 100% back on track :-)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgDr74s/]
2ndTimeBecky

Postby Sassyt » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:32 am

Good thing You are still going. Well done!
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby 2ndTimeBecky » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:23 pm

Thanks Sassy, laptop use back completely now so hoping to be on more now :-)

Struggling greatly at the moment, have failed on my last few attempts at time away from home - good choices when eating out have always been difficult for me, and I seem to lose my momentum when not at home. Its still an area I am working desperately on but since writing this post I have kind of lost my mojo, with one weekend until Christmas and then 11 days away - travelling/seeing family/christmas catchups/ drinks/dinners - I just know I will struggle. Knowing that I will struggle is causing its own problems because I have given up in the mean time figuring that any loss I make between now and then will be ruined over Christmas. I know what the right choices are, but my stupid mind tells me that it is 'holidays and why should I go without'. Problem is also that there is Christmas, then New years, then im away again for a wedding, then the next weekend is visitors formy birthday.... which takes me to Jan 22nd, by which time I reckon I would have put on almost every gram I have lost. This is making it worse coz Im wondering why bother.

MAN, this weightloss is very very hard. Kudos to all those out there achieving :-)
2ndTimeBecky

Postby 2ndTimeBecky » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:26 pm

WOW - it has been a crazy crazy couple of months!!! I dont have a weigh in at this stage, waiting for a quiet saturday morning to do so....

I havnt done great over the last couple of months, insane amount of very challenging times for me weight loss wise, Driving to Adelaide Christmas Eve, and spending 10 days living out of my car and crashing on a large variety of peoples couches was hard, then being back where I live for 3 days work before flying back to adelaide for a 4 day weekend for a friends wedding and birthday celebrations.... followed by a bunch of friends visiting for my birthday weekend.... followed by friends staying the last 6 days.... Im pretty sure the scales will go up, I have tried really really hard and been a LOT better than normal and most work days have stuck to 1200 calories, but weekends with friends and nights out have been quite an epic failure. The friends I had here the last 6 days are both very overweight and avoiding the chips, chocies and rubbish always out was very challenging - I did fail a bit, but tried to spend a lot of time excercising to make up for it.

Anyway, I am still completely on the wagon and am looking forward to the 5th Feb (my first quiet day since 4th Dec!!) to work out some of my goals for 2011 and spend some time assessing where I went wrong over the last couple of months and how to do it better in the future.... :-D
2ndTimeBecky

Postby 2ndTimeBecky » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:35 pm

Devistated!!! Ive lost my horrid horrid disgusting but motivational "before" photos when my laptop crashed..... grrrrrr, I really want to look back at how far I have come, so frustrating!!!
2ndTimeBecky

Postby 2ndTimeBecky » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:58 am

FINALLY got some time at home alone to do some updating!!

I gained 3.2kg over the Christmas / New Years / Birthday time and visitors EVERY WEEKEND SINCE - and I was soooooo much better with both eating and drinking and excercising than normal, makes me wonder what I normally gain over that 4 weeks when im not being careful!!

Had a big set back this year, got some dizzy illness thing (they still arent sure what it is) and I havent been allowed to drive, let alone excercise (walking is about as much as my head can handle - and for 3 weeks not even that) so excercise has been cut out completely - so im down to a strict 1200 calories a day (very hard!!) to try and compensate for the lack of excercise!! (Thank goodness for myfitnesspal!!!)

Im back down to 94.2kg - the strict food resigme helped me lose 900gm this week so im ok with that. Hoping to start slowly back into the excercise next week but will have to see how my head goes.

In positives I have just checked my weist: Down from a starting measurement of 117cm to 95cm today, loss of 22cm!!!!!!
Hips started at 126cm and are down to 116, loss of 10cm.....

Man this lifestyle change is hard work!!!!!!!!!
2ndTimeBecky

Postby 2ndTimeBecky » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:28 pm

Weigh in on Saturday... 93.5kg... Loss of 0.7kg, pleased as still dizzy when exercising....
2ndTimeBecky

Postby emmer138 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:17 pm

holy crap! can't believe how much you've lost off your waist! well done :D
WEIGH-INS
9/12/2013 - 93.7kg

GOALS
To reach 91.7kg by 23rd Dec (2kg loss / BMI 32.11)
To reach 87kg by 27th Jan (7kg loss / BMI 30.46)
To reach 81.7kg by 17th Feb (10kg loss for Soundwave 2014 / BMI 28.61)
To reach 78.7kg by 31st March (15kg loss for my birthday / BMI 27.56)
To reach 75kg by 19th May (18.7kg loss / BMI 26.26)
To reach 70kg by 4th August (23.7kg loss / BMI 24.51)

emmer138

Postby 2ndTimeBecky » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:48 pm

Thanks Emmer!!!! Its nice to get some feedback :-)
A big part of this journey for me has been excercise and I know my body fat has gone from 50% @106.4kg to 40% @93kg so ive lost a lot of pure fat, and have put on some muscle too - which has helped with toning up my body shape.... :)

Im having a really really tough time at the moment, excercise is just back on the table now so I plan this week to start the journey back to the daily excercise I was doing before this stooopid thing (still no idea what it was) kicked in - its like starting all over again!!

Life has also been a bit crazy, I had a weekend away with a friend and failed miserably with regards to eating.... Then I got the flu and ate convenience food.... Then I had to fly back to Adelaide at last notice for one night for a job interview - was lucky to eat at all and when I did it was NOT good choices.... and next weekend im off to Sydney for a family long weekend for my dads graduation - this involves wine tasting one day, and nice dinners out - I dont think the places they are planning to go even have healthy options. Plus I dont talk to my family about this stuff and dont feel comfortable doing so so I feel like its 4 days of struggling. Hoping the place we are staying at has a gym.... hope the dizzy thing stays away for good!!!!!!!

How am I supposed to do this??? The people around me seem to be able to eat and live like this and stay at healthy weight, why cant I?? I have been between 90 and 95kg for MONTHS now and just cant seem to get a proper forward momentum again!! I know it is completely my fault, I am responsible for what I eat (the excercise thing has been out of my hands I will admit...) and cant blame anyone else but I just dont know how to keep doing this - I feel like I eat like a rabbit a lot of the time, and I love eating healthy - but my work place is sooo stressful right now (hence why I am looking for a new job) and I live alone and have no friends in the town where I live and just cant be stuffed cooking all the time!!!

Im at my wits end, I have no intention of giving up but I am struggling so much. This is a lifestyle change for me and it needs to be something that I can do forever but after only 6 months I am struggling!!

Plus looking to the future it is very likely that I will have another job related move this year - and I always find packing and moving to be a hard time with eating and excerise... looking forward it just kind of feels hopeless.

There are some boot camp classes starting up again at work soon so hopefully that will get me back in the routine.... :-)
2ndTimeBecky

Postby 2ndTimeBecky » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:07 pm

I think I might need some sort of structure.... some sort of 12 week plan or the like to give me some direction for a while, does anyone know of anything?????
2ndTimeBecky

Postby Sassyt » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:25 pm

Hey Becky
Dont you want to join a challenge section and maybe create a 12 weeks challenge for yourself or buddy up with anyone interested? Challenges has worked for me in the past. Maybe challenge yourself (or with your buddy) with the hours of exercise to do for a week or calories to burn in a week something like that could work for you to get your groove back?

Good luck on your journey, with this journey there is really no destination its just an ongoing journey with ups and downs so hang in there you will soon be back to it!
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby 2ndTimeBecky » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:02 pm

Thanks Sassy - I think you are absolutely right, it is a journey of up and downs and that was a very big down!! I am still feeling a little hopeless but a lot better than I was feeling!!

I think the 12 week thing is definitely the go, I have one more trip for a job interview this weekend (thurs - sun) and then it will all hopefully settle for a while and give me some time to get a 12 week thing started!!!!

No weigh in for a couple weeks - this is a bad thing as its usually because I am away/busy and means there will be a gain.... just gotta always get back on the wagon!!!!!!!!
2ndTimeBecky

Postby Sassyt » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:45 pm

Good luck Becky!
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby 2ndTimeBecky » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:57 pm

The insane travelling has ceased for a while so hopefully things will settle a little, well by ceased I've got two weekends in a row not going anywhere, away next weekend and then away for Easter.... Hopefully find out about my job this week and IF that happens I have the joy of packing and moving interstate again... hehe. My question this week is in relation to that - when I move (packing towards the end, and the first few weeks of arrival) I always find it incredibly difficult to maintain my eating habits (no fridge, saucepans, fresh food etc etc) and was wondering if there was anything I could use to help me tide over those weeks, im thinking possibly one of those options which helps to reduce your appetite for a while - JUST while during the moving process so I dont get tempted by Maccas and pizza and all the hot, easy and filling options.... while ill be insanely busy packing and probably not excercising as packing will take prioroty.... Im happy to try something simple, I dunno, one of those fat blaster things or the like - does anyone know of anything that helps? I would rather not but im so scared the whole process will undo all my hard work :(
Thanks in anticipation :)
2ndTimeBecky

Postby bjam » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:38 pm

Hey Becky - well done on ur losses so far - you are going so well! I am trying a 12 wk eating plan from weighitup if you want to have a look - I thought I would do a lot better with some structure also so thought i would give it a go - it is really tasty and also easy enough to substitute simpler meals if you are in too much of a hurry to follow the full recipes.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6WMitp/]
[/url]
bjam

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In