It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:59 am

Free Newsletter

Need to make it public to get results!!

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Need to make it public to get results!!

Postby Jackie.Jackie » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi there!!!

I'm new to this and have just signed up. I've spent some time scrolling through the threads and looking over this fantastic site's tips and ideas.

I'm going to start my own weigh in because I do things best when I feel like I'm going to be judged.

12 months ago I wrote a list of short term goals (get promotion, go OS again, buy a house etc. etc). One of those goals was too loose 10kg. I failed!!! According to my goal list I weighed 76kgs at the time.

This morning I weighed in at 76.2.

I check my BMI on this site and I do come in as 'normal' (whatever 'normal' means because as a rule I tend describe myself as far from!!! :P) but regardless, there's weight to loose and I need to do this to make myself comfortable and confident!

I know that one of my biggest weakness lies with snacking after dinner and I need to contain that. Sometimes I feel like I just can't help it and then I justify it in my head!!!

Anyway, that's me and here's hoping that I can post again next week to report a loss!!!
... Jackie
SW: 76.2 kg
CW: 75.5
GW: 66 kg
Jackie.Jackie

Re: Need to make it public to get results!!

Postby Jooska44 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:29 am

Hey Jackie...what do you know, another Jacqui here! We even have basically the same problem too! I weigh in at 75.5kg and want to get back to my normal 64kg initially and then work on getting down to between 60-62kg and maintaining that.

You're like me, when you are on your own...nothing happens. When you have to be judged amazing things happen! That's why I got a food coach who I have to report to face-to-face on a weekly basis. I have to take in my eating journal (warts and all) and we go through it each week. I've just started and even though I knew what my problems were, it really makes a difference when you have to try and justify them to a trained professional. The thing is...you can't! So at the moment, I'm at least thinking about what I'm doing before I just stuff something into my mouth.

I'm feeling really positive about my goal, plus with the summer time here I just don't feel like eating such heavy foods.

In regards to your snacking after dinner, I've found in the past that I loose the most weight naturally when I refuse to eat anything after dinner! It's like the magic pill. I've found that if you are really craving something, snack on celery sticks, chopped mushrooms or a carrot (no more than one carrot) or have chopped up apples/strawberries as these will fill you up with their fibre content but are still low G.I so they won't wreck your hard work. The other thing I've found really good to do is clean your teeth straight after dinner and then you pyschologically won't feel like eating (works for me anyway).

SW: 75.5kg :roll:
GW: 64kg :D
Jooska44

Postby Jackie.Jackie » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:07 pm

Well week 1 is done and I have good news and bad news.

Bad news is that I originally over estimated my height and it turns out, when I input my correct height, I am actually overweight as oppose to 'normal' with the BMI calculator.

On the upside I did loose 1.1kg over the week!!!! I was surprised when I got on the scales this morning because although I had all the right intentions I did really struggle to cut out that post dinner snaking. I stepped up my exercise regime though so that might be what I have to thank for the loss this week. Imagine what I could have done without the snaking!!!

Onwards and upwards though :)

Jooska44, thanks so much for writing. Your food coach sounds like a great idea and a really great motivator!! I can't really afford the outlay but maybe I could ask a friend to be mine. Maybe just the embarrassment of declaring I'm on a diet but still eating chocolate every night after dinner will be encouragement enough.

I'll try the teeth cleaning and no food whatsoever after dinner approach and see how I go.

I just don't have the willpower to say 'no'! Just last night I was at a friend's place for dinner. After dinner a block of chocolate was put on the coffee table. Everyone had a piece and that was sort of it. Except for me!!! Once I had one piece I had to have more and then I couldn't stop!!! I ended up asking if I could put it away!!! Haha lucky they're all good friends!!

Your right as well - with the weather improving, we don't find ourselves craving those heavy carb filled dinners!!

Hows your weight loss coming along so far? Good results with the food coach??

... Jackie
Jackie.Jackie

Postby Jackie.Jackie » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:05 am

Tomorrow's weigh in day and I'm dreading it!!!

Fell off the wagon a wee bit on the weekend and indulged :? And I didn't run yesterday morning or this morning!!! :?
... Jackie
Jackie.Jackie

Return to Weekly Weigh In