It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:51 am

Free Newsletter

ohsoDanniella weekly weigh in

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

ohsoDanniella weekly weigh in

Postby ohsoDanniella » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:32 am

Hi everyone,
so this is my first post on this site. I went to donate blood last week and got a huge shock when I stepped on the scales at 72kg! for the past few years I have maintained a weight of around 63-65kg and was disgusted when I sore how much weight I had gained. However I'm not going to dwell on it, today is officially day 1 of getting back to a weight of 63kg and then hopefully a weight of 60kg after that. I'm 176cm so are quite tall however all my weight seems to sit on my thighs, bottom and now my hips! (where I have always been slim before now) I am 21. If anyone can offer me advice/tips of how they have lost weight, motivation anything! I need all the help and advice I can get! thanks everyone
starting weight: 72kg
First Goal: 63kg
second goal: 60kg
finishing goal: 58kg
ohsoDanniella

Re: ohsoDanniella weekly weigh in

Postby ohsoDanniella » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:17 pm

My 21st is in a month, I brought my dress 6 months ago and I dont fit into it! It fit me when I got it! I have to get into that dress by my birtday 1st jan! please help everyone
ohsoDanniella

Postby brendan » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:24 pm

Hi ohsoDanniella, and welcome

Different motivations work for different people. If you have a picture of yourself when you were slim, fit and terrific put it in a place where you can see it - to remind yourself of how good you felt, and that you are going to feel that again. It sounds like I am rather vain, but I have a photo of when I was 70kg on the screen of my computer. I have about 75kg to lose, but that picture reminds me of a period when I was fit, healthy and (dare I say it :oops: ) rather sexy.

That's one motivator - there's lots more (you have a dress to fit into!)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby ohsoDanniella » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:11 am

Thanks for the response! Oh I know! I've decided to look at the dress every morning its day 2 and its working so far!, I am in the middle of exams at the moment so although im eating well its hard to find the time to get to the gym and I'm really not loosing weight without exercising! Think i'm going to have to get up a bit earlier each day and get to the gym!

and no certainly not vain! you do have quite a challenge ahead of you! your progress is great so far! and I'm glad the picture works well for you! Wish you all the best, and keep me updated how your going!
ohsoDanniella

Postby ohsoDanniella » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:04 am

Week 2:
weighed in at 69.6 today! A loss of just over 2kg in the first week! Felt good to see the number back in the 60's!
havnt been able to get to the gym much because of exams so I've been doing squats while brushing my teeth, everytime I get up from my desk i'll do lunges, situps etc... and I've also been doing a quick 3 minute pilates leg routine each day! as for diet I have been gtrying to have breakfast later in the day 9:30 so its not far between breakfast and lunch and I dont feel I need morning snacks! then i'll have a healthy lite lunch a yoghurt/nuts for arvo tea and whatever for dinner. Seems to be going well but would like to get a bit more cardio in this week! will keep you updated :)
ohsoDanniella

Postby Ann51 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:11 am

ohsoDanniella wrote:Week 2:
weighed in at 69.6 today! A loss of just over 2kg in the first week! Felt good to see the number back in the 60's!
havnt been able to get to the gym much because of exams so I've been doing squats while brushing my teeth, everytime I get up from my desk i'll do lunges, situps etc... and I've also been doing a quick 3 minute pilates leg routine each day! as for diet I have been gtrying to have breakfast later in the day 9:30 so its not far between breakfast and lunch and I dont feel I need morning snacks! then i'll have a healthy lite lunch a yoghurt/nuts for arvo tea and whatever for dinner. Seems to be going well but would like to get a bit more cardio in this week! will keep you updated :)

Hi Danniella ... Good to know someone has the same goal as me.. I am 72 now and would like to lose 12 kilos by the New Year.. Im 160cm tall though sooo not tall.. Goodluck to your challenge.. Im inspired knowing that you've lost 2 kilos in 1 week..That is my goal.. 2 kilos per week.. Enjoy your journey.. Many blessings... from Ann
Ann51

Postby ohsoDanniella » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:29 pm

Hi Ann, thanks! keep me updated on how your going, and what works for you! and the best of luck!
ohsoDanniella

Postby ohsoDanniella » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:47 pm

Monday 15th November:

had a weigh in today 68kg
- so I've lost 4kg since beginning, 5kg to go before I reach my first goal (which is the size i need to be to squeeze into my dress!
if I can get down to 60-61 then it should fit me perfectly. Going to take lots of hard work and motivation but my dress is amazing and I really dont want to have to go and find something else last minute!
ohsoDanniella

Return to Weekly Weigh In