It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:20 pm

Free Newsletter

Dearne Weighs in

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Dearne Weighs in

Postby dearne » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:30 am

I only just got a set of scales yesterday (well my boyfriend purchased them for me because they were on sale from $159 to $40, and because he was sucking up :lol: )

So I will now start weekly weigh ins, and i thought before i start i better know where i am at just over a month after starting this. :!:

Drumroll...... starting weight 112kg, current weight (long pause for suspense, must bo on the biggest loser :roll: ) 107.3kg :D

I have lost 5.7kgs, im so excited. My tip to anyone who reads this (and so I keep it up if i slip up :oops: ) I keep a very small 12cm x 8cm notebook in my bag and it goes with me almost everywhere. In it, it has my weekly goals, monthly goals, 2 months goals, six months goal, 12 months goal and 18 months goal. It also has my exercise regime, which i increase the number of days that i exercise by one per month so that i do not burn out and it becomes a habit. since i walk most days per week the same route it also has my time it takes me to do that walk, so that i have a record of my personal best for the week and i aim to beat it every week. i also have the durations of my swimming work out, so that i can improve, and as of last week it has my food diary in it :!: .

next weigh in will be Wednesday, and then every Wednesday after that.
Dearne
dearne

Re: Dearne Weighs in

Postby brendan » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:54 am

See - your boyfriend really cares! He wants you to be slim and terrific too!

Keep up the good work Dearne!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby dearne » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:45 am

gladly with me now having scales then we can motivate each other more, he weighs himself all the time but hasnt lost anything yet... :?

but now that we can weigh in each week together it is so going to turn into a competition, so that we stay on track!

Thanks brendan for the support :!: how is your journey going :?:
Dearne
dearne

Postby brendan » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:16 pm

Hi Dearne

Going pretty well at the moment, haven't hit any major humps or plateaux. Got my exercise bike back from my parents in Melbourne who were holding it for me. It's one of the few exercises I can do at the moment. :D Looking forward to perhaps stepping up the weight loss in coming weeks.
It's great that you have active support from your boyfriend - so many here not only don't get support, but get ridiculed into the bargain. You might help each other stay on the straight and narrow :)
[/url]

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
brendan

Postby dearne » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:59 pm

straight and narrow!! i like it, i think with my boyfriend it is more helpful because we make the exercising part fun (and yell at each other if we dont do it!), like for example we are starting to go to the pool, and im an endurance person so i just kept swimming lap after lap after lap, and he is not the greatest swimmer so after i finished my laps and was cooling down i held onto his feet while he walked the length of the pool dragging me along, and then he carried me the length of the pool to improve his leg training (mind you when he got to the end he would just drop me in, so not cool :!: )

is there a reason you can only work on an exercise bike? i heard of a story somewhere where a lady lost over 100kgs from walking around her clothesline everyday for a couple of hours
Dearne
dearne

Postby brendan » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:16 pm

Hi Dearne
My back is the main reason, it has been aggravated by the extra weight. I find it hard to be on my feet for more than about ten minutes at a time. It is getting easier as the weight drops off. I know you are about to suggest swimming - but the furthest I can swim is only limited by the depth of the water. I nearly drowned at school, the teacher was more interested in teaching those that could swim to swim faster, those that couldn't (me) had to fend for themselves. I was coming up for the third time before someone noticed I was in trouble and dragged me out. I try to stay away from large bodies of water now. :mrgreen: [I grew up in the English Midlands and the canals were the the largest bodies of water I came close to until I came to Australia when I was 12]
Anyway, I hope another 10kg will make it easier to walk, till then the exercise bike will have to do.
[/url]

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
brendan

Postby dearne » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:04 am

i dont think swimming is always the answer, i do it because i LLOOOVVEE the water and have missed it so much. my boyfriend is also a big guy and doesnt like the water very much, but he started with some dumbbells and doing various exercises with them before going to work and before going to bed. things like bringing it up and down in front of him, then to the side, then sitting on the floor and back against something and lifting it above him, and kneeling on the floor to lift from the floor up.

if it hurts when you stand, maybe doing arm workouts but also getting some leg weights and doing some leg curls and exercises.
Dearne
dearne

Postby dearne » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:11 am

it feels funny, i do my morning walk to work, and this morning during my fast bursts (lasting for a minute) i am nearly running, because my normal walking pace is a fast walk now. i think its a good thing, but im in my work clothes every morning, so i may have to buy some tracksuits so i can start running to work.

i was very bad yesterday when i got home from work, because i felt so hungry and i did a bad thing and had a silverside and cheese sandwich, yet strangely i was still under my calorie count (i have started using calorie king).

is it a good thing or bad thing? i think its not bad progress but well see what the scales say tomorrow
Dearne
dearne

Postby dearne » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:14 am

ok weigh in day is today for me and my boyfriend.

he started at 126kg two weeks ago (when he started his new job) and weighed in this morning at 122kg :!: :D so very excited for him.

me, last weigh in was 107.3, today i am 106.4 :!: last weigh in was on sunday so thats 900g in 3.5days. :shock:

the good thing is i always weigh myself as soon as i wake up after my morning toilet break and before i shower breakfast or anything, and i always do it in the bathroom with no clothes so that i can get an accurate reading.

So very excited, although i am putting my calories into calorie king and it keeps telling me that im not having enough, so i think i need to snack more sad!!! :(
Dearne
dearne

Postby dearne » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:50 pm

feel bad today, i had 4 days of horrible eating!!! very sad. Was out with my boyfriend and a mate on thursday night (for the METALLICA concert, yay!!), and sadly i ate the mortal sin... McDonalds :oops: :( . i felt so horrible afterwards, and whilst ordering/eating as well.

then Friday night was very fatty and very meaty bbq dinner at home, with steak, a sausage and a hamburger patty, very sad, and then saturday for lunch was fish and chips while i was out with boyfriend and a mate, and sunday i had some chocolate!!! :x

it wouldnt be so bad and make me feel so horrible if it was over a few weeks instead of a few days...

i did have one piece of good news, when my boyfriend donated blood on sunday i went in to get my haemaglobin checked to see if the losing weight had improved my health to take me off the ban, and when i was banned it was at 118 (meant to be 120 minimum) and yesterday it was 137!! that is fantastic so now i need to get my blood test review and if it is clear then i get to donate again!!!

so bad weekend yet small bit of good...
Dearne
dearne

Postby dearne » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:00 am

Today is weigh in day, and the scales read 105.7, so still a loss of 700g for the week, and considering all the crap i ate on the weekend it is still a loss, so im not going to beat myself up about it.

i know my routine and now i just have to follow through with it!

Partner lost 400g this week, which is still good because he had a bad eating weekend as well so still proud of him. today he started using a pedometer that we found at home so that he can see how many steps he takes a day at work! he should make heaps of steps, so fingers crossed for him!
Dearne
dearne

Postby niksta » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:58 pm

Sounds like your making good progress Dearne :) Keep it up :D :D
niksta

Postby dearne » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:10 am

Weekly weigh in time...

This week has not been a good week for me, even though I have always been under the calorie count I want I had a long time family friend pass away last thursday and the funeral was yesterday. Im happy though because I didnt go for the cupboard and eat and eat and eat, so thats a plus that I have changed that habit. However it did throw out my sleep pattern a little bit, but I did make up for it by exercising a bit more yesterday while I had the day off work.

So weigh in this morning was 105.6, which is a loss of 100g. Im going to try and stay positive about it and realise it is still a loss, but maybe I have started the plateau part where I have to work extra hard!

Partner lost another 1kg this week, bringing him to 121kg so im very proud of him!
Dearne
dearne

Postby brendan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:48 am

Hey Dearne, congratulations!

It can be really hard when you are faced with stress or unhappiness not to reach for the Tim Tams or other comfort food. You did good!

Hang in there with the weight loss, as you said, it might be a plateau while you body catches up with the chages.

Bren
[/url]

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
brendan

Postby dearne » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:36 pm

thanks brendan for all the encouragement all the time, i can always use it!
Dearne
dearne

Next

Return to Weekly Weigh In