It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:28 pm

Free Newsletter

Dearne Weighs in

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dearne Weighs in

Postby dearne » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:33 am

another week, another check in

starting to loss a little bit of motivation, but i think there will be more once i get over christmas. The good thing is that i am forcing myself to do the set exercise that I want to, with the walking to work 5 days a week and swimming twice a week, but i think the walking is at a less intense frequency than it should be, but the swimming sessions are getting longer. i will need to start using my exercise bike at home on weekends now, because i am plateauing, so need to fix this.

weigh in today was 105.4kg, a loss of 200g.

partner had a bit of trouble this week, with emotional strain, so sadly he is now at 122kg, put on about 800g, so he is a little not happy with it, but worked out it was because he had a really bad night last night and ate crap! he knows this because monday afternoon he weighed himself after the full day at work with his clothes on and he was 122kg, so if he had of been in the morning and clothesless.... must work harder this week
Dearne
dearne

Postby dearne » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:33 am

i know its not check in day but i feel proud of myself today and i want to share it!

yesterday i purchased a smallish backpack to take to work everyday, rather than hurting one shoulder with all the stuff i carry (if any female can know how our handbags get that full and that heavy, please let me know!!!)

so today, i packed the backpack with work clothes, wet wipes, a small handbag and my normal lunch, and i started to run to work!! im so excited i have been putting this off for weeks, and it has been bad because i have been doing a one pace to work each day lately because of wanting to run!

so i made it to work 5 minutes faster, but i ran for 10 minutes and walked for 20 minutes, so for my first day running, i am very proud of myself. i puffed lots during, because i have never really ran properly, but when i got to work i wiped myself with the wet wipe and i stopped puffing!

so very very very happy, im getting somewhere, and now my aim is to complete the Melbourne Sports Centre Sunset Series fun runs. these are 4 fun runs over 8 weeks at 7pm on a wednesday, starting in february. i will be doing the first 2 at 4kms, and then the other 2 at 8kms, so thats my aim to be able to do that!
Dearne
dearne

Postby brendan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:17 am

Good going, Dearne!

I used to jog to the station with a back pack (1988), I'd love to be able to do that again one day. :shock:

Bren
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby dearne » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:26 am

well today is weigh in day!

actually had a good week this week, i have now jogged to work twice (intermitent bursts with walking, its a start!), and im very proud of myself that i can do 10mins run to 20mins walk! swimming last night i wasnt going to go because it was getting so late and my pool is half an hour from where i live (only go there because it is convenient because it is near partners house), but partner convinced me that if we didnt go then the habit would be broken and we would fall in a heap... so we went and i swam 750m in 20mins, its not much but its something so that i keep up the habit! still walking to work 5 days a week, but now with the running which i will be doing 3 days a week.

i also worked out that i will join a bowling league (ten-pin) in january after i get back from my holiday, so that i can start mentally working on myself by doing something i enjoy and being able to say that yes i have a team that relys on me turning up and somewhere to go that is just me going!

so, the moment of truth.

partner last week was 122kg flat, weighed in at 120.9kg, so excited for him because he lost more than he thought he would!

me, last week 105.4kg, this week 104.6! finally a lose of more than 100g, though it is still in the grams but it is a lose so im happy.

i have missed my deadline for my first goal of 100kg in 2 months, but im hoping to be close to it by the time i go away on 30th december! so lets see how that goes!
Dearne
dearne

Postby dearne » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:26 pm

i dont know if its a good thing or a bad thing, but i have not used CK this week, but i have been making sure i eat properly. I know yesterday was bad because I had a chicken schnitzel baguette after work (only a small one but would have been 1000cals approx coz of the schnitzel) and then dinner was at a bistro with fish and chips.

i dont know if not using it is being lazy or whether it is a good thing because im trying to work out my food on my own! education is key to success. i used it for a month, and i eat very similar things each day, so i shall see how i progress over the coming weeks to see if it works.
Dearne
dearne

Postby dearne » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:23 pm

well it is that sort of day where i want to update on my progress.

I am motivated to still do running to work, I was only able to do it twice last week because we had family sick and partner injured and me having repeat bloodtests, so the running was only twice last week. I also only did 1 day of swimming last week because of the same reasons, and all weekend i kicked myself, and felt horrible, and sadly ate junk food but it was not emotional eating it was just what was on offer!

so i doubt there will be a big loss this week but ill see. Gladly the motivation for running to work is still there! I was not able to yesterday because dam train ran late, so instead i did it this morning, and it felt GGOOOOOODDD. Swimming tonight so ill feel even better!

I think though with the running I will stick to a cycle of twice a week until im back from holidays in january, plus being on holidays at the beach i hope to take lots of long beach walks with partner (i know a romantic at heart!!!)

exercise makes me feel good, and im liking the fact that if i eat crap i feel horrible both emotionally and physically, so then ill stop wanting them. As i said to partner on the weekend fast food doesnt taste as nice anymore, now that ive been changing.

sadly though, I wish someone would notice my physical change.... none of my friends or family have noticed and ive already lost about 8kg in total, i wish someone would notice and comment to me!
Dearne
dearne

Postby dearne » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:49 am

I did do my weigh in yesterday but forget to post it, so will post it now

weighed in at 104.1, a loss of 500g which is good considering partner wanted to eat fast food this week a couple of times, and when we are together we eat from the same places... it is definately my bad because i need to be stronger but it is still a loss.

He also lost 500g, so down to 120.4kg.

he will break the 120 hoepfully before we go away, and im hoping to get to 102 before we go away, was originally aiming for 100 but that wont happen
Dearne
dearne

Postby dearne » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:28 am

Well I have returned from holidays, and back to work now!

the weight loss journey... I have hit a hurdle :(

sadly whilst being on holidays I was unable to control my weight and my urges and everything that goes with it, I was fine up until I had 2 weeks resting, one week was camping and the other was at home.

so sadly, I put back on weight.... making it feel worse was the fact that I got constipation back and also bad wind, which made me feel really uncomfortable and horrible.

so now that I am back to work it is back to routines and salads for lunch, very exciting!

so when i weighed myself this morning before getting ready for work, I was at 106.6kg, which is a gain of 3.6kg. sadly i know that 600g of that was while I was at home, because for our own amusement, myself and partner weighed ourselves the morning after we got back, and I was at 106.0kg then.

partner also had a gain as well, he was at 120.6kg when we got back, but he did not have scales for a couple of weeks because of moving house so not sure of the figures.

so back to the drawing board, and exercising.

I am doing the sunset series in melbourne, which is a fun run event of 4 runs, but due to my fitness level I was going to run 4km at each of the 4 runs, but sadly I think I can only withstand walking the 4km at the moment, because they are in february/march. but I will be doing them definately!
Dearne
dearne

Postby dearne » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:44 am

im still doing this weight stuff... for now :( I have lost all motivation, all sellf-esteem and self-respect and all will power. I know its sad and that I just have to stick with it, but my partner thinks I have an annual hit of depression. Its very strange and not exactly something I enjoy putting up with.

Well I know that my weigh in day is a wednesday but i jumped on today, and thought I better actually come back here to see if I can do something to keep on track so that my health improves. The weight today was 105.5, which is a 1.1kg loss from last time I weighed in exactly a week ago. But I dont know how much longer I can do this when I feel so alone lots of the time.

Hopefully I can stick it out but i dont know...
Dearne
dearne

Postby laurenmcnaught » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:40 am

Hey Dearne,

I have been reading your posts and just wanted to say - Dont give up!! You have been doing so great - everyone goes through that time when we stop/hit a wall and have to get motivated again. I had my weight loss plan kicking along and I went down south to visit my sister (who has a pretty unhealthy lifestyle) for a couple of weeks and all my great practices went out the window (stopped having breakfast, starting eating really bad foods) so now I'm back home in the same boat as you of having to get back into it.

I just wanted to say that reading your updates inspires me and I hope you keep going with your journey. My personal motto for my journey is from Dory in Finding Nemo (not sure if you've seen it?) "just keep swimming" - as in taking it one day at a time.

Anywho - looking forward to seeing your next lot of results,
Lauren
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5xQnfq/]
[/url]
laurenmcnaught

Postby dearne » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:21 am

thanks Lauren for those words of encouragement! good to see someone else is going through the same thing.

I do have to credit part of myself that I have stayed away from the junk food most of the time, on australia day we had a big barbeque at my house but i didnt eat too much bad stuff, however i did have some dessert... naughty dessert, and of course there was some left over so had to have some dessert the next day, and the day after! im putting it down to the female..time...uh-hum, you know what i mean, which is throwing a spanner in the works because i have stopped taking my contraceptive pill 3 months ago and this is the first time ive had it since i stopped taking the pill. saw the doctor about it and he said its normal to have that long a time between and had blood tests and everything to confirm that im not expecting (thank goodness coz i dont want any kids at all, sorry to all those mums out there but you either want them or you dont and i dont)

so even though im having mood swings and having that time, i havent gone into what i am now calling my "fat cupboard", coz it has all the bad things in it that i shouldnt have until i can control myself or just feel like that much crap!

i did get on the scales today and it was at 105.3, so thats still alright. i know it seems like my weigh in day has changed but the other half isnt weighing in with me at the moment and we havent got back into our routine because of funds and time etc.

i do have to readjust my goals, as the fun run i want to do is just so expensive, to do a 4km walk/run is $42, or if i do the series its $122! that a third of my weekly wage! i know that i should do it for my self esteem etc but i cannot honestly justify that much money for a fun run... bad as it sounds but if im doing a full overhaul i need to honestly look at if i can realistically afford, and at the moment its looking like a no. so if i keep this up i need to readjust goals.

Its funny i may feel unmotivated and useless but i still keep up the work food and walking to work out of habit, so maybe this may get somewhere.....
Dearne
dearne

Postby dearne » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:53 am

well i want to update on emotions, and hope that it doesnt affect the weight loss, since emotions control weight is lost and how your body reacts.

see having a bit of trouble at the moment, im starting to question being with my partner, like he is a great guy but sometimes all the censored that i have to put up with from him and his family and all the censored i give him i doubt myself and whether this is all worth it. sadly, if him and i end i reckon the diet goes out the window because he is what is keeping me on track. I get these thoughts because most of the time i get pushed out of the way because his family rely on him and every 5 seconds its "joe do this, joe do that, joe you never spend any time with us even though your home every night during the week" it frustrates me because i dont see him during the week so i want to spend time with him on weekends but always something else comes up or someone else is around and its difficult to hold a relationship when you dont get to spend time together just yourselves.

i told partner this and he immediately said our us time can be at the pool when we swim, because we are happy when we do that. but whether this happens i dont hold my breath. makes it hard to work out memberships coz the pool we go to is near his house not mine, so if we end it then i have to try and cancel a new membership.

im struggling, dam.....
Dearne
dearne

Postby dearne » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:13 am

well i did weigh in yesterday, and i was at 104.3kg, so its a 1kg loss. im sad that coz i keep torturing myself and getting on those pesky scales at other times of the week, to monitor what sort of flucuations that I have and see what is working, and when i did that on thursday it was 103.5m so it seems a bad weekend of lanning (computer nerding!!) does not help the diet at all.

still feeling like absolute crap, the emotions are everywhere and i am even seriously considering going to see the doctor to get a referral for a counsellor or something of the like... i dont know how much longer these emotions can go on before i just give up...
Dearne
dearne

Postby dearne » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:39 am

well heart lost.... boyfriend is not weighing in, well he did and after 2-3weeks he had gained 3kg. i weighed in yesterday and i had not moved for the week from the 104.3kg.

i must get into swimming, this week however the budget is very tight so i need to wait, oh i hate this crap
Dearne
dearne

Postby ganymede » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:12 pm

Is there somewhere close by you can go for a walk instead of doing your swimming? Put on some music and just walk and chill out because it really sounds like you need some time to yourself to sort out how you are feeling and how you plan on dealing with your emotions. Maybe start a journal and write everything negative you are feeling and try and pin point the reasons why you feel so crappy. Just because your boyfriend has lost motivation doesn't mean you have to! I know it's hard to diet when someone else close to you isn't, I have the same problems. My partner doesn't necessarily eat really badly but on a weekend it's tempting just to eat whatever he eats and not stick to my guns but I always feel really good afterwards when I do stick to my shake. Perhaps use his de-motivation as your own motivation. Make him see the results you will be achieving and hopefully in turn he will get back on the bandwagon with you :)

And if you ever need to talk, I'm just a PM away! ;)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In