It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:52 pm

Free Newsletter

Dearne Weighs in

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dearne Weighs in

Postby dearne » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:16 pm

ok a report on the status this week... well lets just say i wish i could forget the numbers really! i gained 100g for the week, which means i have plateued again, but im too stubborn to say right thats it thats all that im losing. i will still always walk to work from the train station, and i will still always have salad for lunch at work, im just stuck on these dam weekends and cant control myself. i think im always going through a bit of depression at the moment, because i have horrible mood swings, lose my temper so much easier, have lost my motivation for many of the things i enjoy, cry (a lot) because i feel lonely and being around my friends i feel rejected because they seem to do lots of things without including me and have their own inside jokes! it makes me sad, and i think it is putting partner on edge, because i keep saying to him that i want to end our relationship... its not good, which is probably why the weights not moving because the brain wont let it! i should go and see a gp for a referral but im too scared or something... i dont know what it is, i would love a referral for either a counsellor, and/or to be told that i must attend the gym/swim x amount of times per week, because if i get a gp referral my private health insurance will pay for it (or part of it), and i know that because i asked them when i took it out!!!! i really need some guts from somewhere (oh maybe i could extract it from my fat that im covered in)
Dearne
dearne

Postby dearne » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:03 am

Motivation is officially gone... i go away for a weekend and find the cutest lolly shop ever. So i purchased 10 small easter eggs, but when i got home and showed my parents the only thing i got told was oh i thought you were swimming so you shouldnt have any chocolate. It just kills my confidence about double standards and nothing is ever enough. I cant do this anymore
Dearne
dearne

Postby UnknownUser15 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:07 pm

Don't give up now, you've been doing great. Comparing your current weight to starting weight should be motivation enough.

I've eaten loads of chocolate, junk food and other fatty foods over the past few weeks and I've still been losing weight. I wouldn't worry if you gain a bit here and there, in the long run you'll lose it. I have made sure that I pretty much halve what I eat though. Instead of buying 10 small easter eggs I would have just bought 5, it all adds up.

I found that the 'encouragement' from friends and family is more of an annoyance than actually being helpful so I keep it to myself. If someone offers me food then I'll take it and just exercise a bit later. I've been losing weight without telling anyone, nobody else needs to know.
UnknownUser15

Postby dearne » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:19 am

UnknownUser15 wrote:Don't give up now, you've been doing great. Comparing your current weight to starting weight should be motivation enough.

I've eaten loads of chocolate, junk food and other fatty foods over the past few weeks and I've still been losing weight. I wouldn't worry if you gain a bit here and there, in the long run you'll lose it. I have made sure that I pretty much halve what I eat though. Instead of buying 10 small easter eggs I would have just bought 5, it all adds up.

I found that the 'encouragement' from friends and family is more of an annoyance than actually being helpful so I keep it to myself. If someone offers me food then I'll take it and just exercise a bit later. I've been losing weight without telling anyone, nobody else needs to know.

The motivation is gone because I think I might be suffering from Depression at the moment, its starting to affect me more and more each day, but i cant help myself in avoiding doing anything about it... I told my partner that it might be a problem and straight away he said that we would do something about it, like get some information on how to combat it and "rally the troops", so of course I sabotaged myself and said to him oh no its only the weepys, not anything bad so lets not worry about it im fine.... i think the only person I am trying to fool in that is myself! but it also scares me because I dont want everyone to know how I feel, and I tried to tell him that and he said no we must tell everyone because you need support... but i dont want to tell anyone :(

I just wish he would help me by not involving everyone, and maybe forcing me to go to a gp to see what can happen, I cant afford a psychologist or anything but if i go to a doctor my health insurance may cover it....

so that is why motivation is gone, I know what to do while suffering depression but i dont want to properly admit that it is happening, I dont have anything to be depressed about is my excuse. This is true so thats why i deny it, i mean i have a roof over my head at my parents house so i dont pay rent or board, they feed me, i have a good job that i can clothe me and even do things, i have a boyfriend. what else do i need there are people in worse situations than me, im just too fat and selfish to see that, so once i see that others have problems not me then ill be fine.
Dearne
dearne

Postby ganymede » Thu May 05, 2011 8:38 am

dearne wrote:
UnknownUser15 wrote:Don't give up now, you've been doing great. Comparing your current weight to starting weight should be motivation enough.

The motivation is gone because I think I might be suffering from Depression at the moment, its starting to affect me more and more each day, but i cant help myself in avoiding doing anything about it... I told my partner that it might be a problem and straight away he said that we would do something about it, like get some information on how to combat it and "rally the troops", so of course I sabotaged myself and said to him oh no its only the weepys, not anything bad so lets not worry about it im fine.... i think the only person I am trying to fool in that is myself! but it also scares me because I dont want everyone to know how I feel, and I tried to tell him that and he said no we must tell everyone because you need support... but i dont want to tell anyone :(

I just wish he would help me by not involving everyone, and maybe forcing me to go to a gp to see what can happen, I cant afford a psychologist or anything but if i go to a doctor my health insurance may cover it....

so that is why motivation is gone, I know what to do while suffering depression but i dont want to properly admit that it is happening, I dont have anything to be depressed about is my excuse. This is true so thats why i deny it, i mean i have a roof over my head at my parents house so i dont pay rent or board, they feed me, i have a good job that i can clothe me and even do things, i have a boyfriend. what else do i need there are people in worse situations than me, im just too fat and selfish to see that, so once i see that others have problems not me then ill be fine.

Dearne, my love...

You are dealing with a very hard situation and I know it is horrible and embarrassing to admit there is something wrong and seek help but once you do, it is a huge weight off your shoulders. You don't need to tell everyone, just the people close to you who you know it will affect. Go and see your GP and get some advice, you will feel much better... I know there are cheaper alternatives. I went to a physcologist at one of the Uni's in Brisbane because I couldn't afford elsewhere and she was the best thing that's happened to me. Just goes to show, sometimes it doesn't pay to go for the big bucks doctors... Also, I would suggest a physcologist over a physchiatrist. The latter will most likely rattle off a few disorder names and give you some medication. That stuff just messes with your body and may make you feel worse in the long run. I'm not saying they don't have their benefits sometimes but try just talking to someone first, it may be all you need.

Don't be disheartened, there are many of us who have been through it before and it is hard and you will have days where you feel everything is going wrong but there will also be days when you feel okay too :)

Don't fuel the fire of your depression by getting off track. Your eating and exercise has a lot to do with your moods, so if anything you are helping yourself get better by making healthier choices.

Remember, I'm just a PM away ;)

All the best,

Shell
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Talien » Sat May 07, 2011 3:37 am

And sleeping can play a huge part too hun!

You don't NEED an excuse to feel the way that you do.
You don't NEED to tell everyone.
You DO need to talk to your GP. Tell them everything, how you're feeling, how often you feel that way, how much you're sleeping etc.

I honestly thought I was just worn out. I felt like I couldn't do any of it anymore. So I saw a doctor. Who told me I had depression. After a few weeks on the medications HE prescribed, I felt like a zombie. I no longer cared. Total apathy about everything, I didn't have feeling.
So I went off the tablets and let it get worse.

A few years later it was so bad, I'd become violent against my fiance. I wasn't going to work and I wasn't sleeping for days at a time. So I went to a different doctor and got a second opinion. Bipolar Disorder Type 2.
He didn't just hand me pills like the first doctor, he made me go through my past and my family history and he gave me a temporary prescription to help me sleep and made me see a psychiatrist.
I'm not advocating psychiatrists.

What I am advocating is help.
Sometimes I feel like a 2 year old stamping her foot.
I am commonly found on the kitchen floor crying simply because "it's all too much".
Sometimes I will refuse to talk, period.
On the other side of the spectrum, I also chat incessently and loudly. I can't control it. I'm loud and obnoxious and at the same time I live in a perpetual state of fear.

Psychiatrists give drugs, psychologists help you to work through any problems.
At the moment I'm only seeing one but I recommend seeing both.

It's hard not to feel disheartened when you feel so down, but there is help, and yes, it's hard to ask for it the first time, but it is worth it.
*~*~* BMR: 8,155 *~*~* 5,500kj Food Plan *~*~* Aim: 70kg *~*~*
MAY CHALLENGE:
Starting Weight: 117.6kg
Weekly Weigh-in: Monday 2/5: 117.6; Monday 9/5: 116.6
Talien

Postby dearne » Fri May 18, 2012 10:54 pm

I know I have not used this for a while, but I thought I would publicly post how proud I am of my own successes, so that I may inspire others, and realise that I have a lot more to go.

As can be seen from my signature, I have started a journey at around 110kg. I thought I had a good life, good job and just had moods.

Well I can report now, in August last year, I got a new job paying much more than I was previously on, and I thought that was as good a time as any to start a change. So I did! I went to my local gym, signed up for a membership in August and did my first weigh in at 110.8kg. At the same time, my ex-boyfriend left me, my depression was playing up and I was stuck in family dramas in a house I couldn't get out of. So I had hit rock bottom.

It was a slow start, seeing my trainer once a week and going to the gym 2 other times a week. I could only run for 30 seconds before I was out of breath. It was disgusting.

Now - my depression is being managed without medication and does not rear its ugly head very often, my job is training me for a promotion within a couple of years. I am now officially independent, renting a flat on my own with my cat and bird, and am happily single and sexy (and loving it ;) ) So that side is amazing!

I can now run multiple kilometres, I did the mothers day classic 8km in 54minutes, running most of the way, currently training with a couple of friends for the 10km Run Melbourne, and will be building up so that in about 18 months time I should be able to run a half marathon. Big change from where I was all those months ago. I am also at the gym 6 times a week, have lots of friends there who I regularly go out with and we all do classes, bootcamps, challenges and everything that the gym offers together, and a few of us have completed a massive weight loss journey together so we are all very encouraging and I love them all like family.

As for weight, I know you are dying to know.... current weight is sitting at 78kg! My final goal will be to get to about 65kg which is my ideal weight and it will make me the size 10-12 that I want to be. I am happy taking this journey slowly, because the mentality change I have is just astronomical!

Hope this little thing inspires people, because it inspires me everyday (except for when I eat something bad and my stomach reacts....)
Dearne
dearne

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Sat May 19, 2012 12:21 am

What a triumph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are exceptional! and you did it all by yourself and against all odds!

Actually, you brought a tear to my eyes reading that and, even though, we hadn't met before I feel so proud for you.

Now you really understand that there's only one person in this world that can do anything for you and that person is YOU xx

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Currently: 93.9K
Start of challenge: 98.6
①97K: ②96.6K: ③96.3: ④95.6:⑤96.1:
⑥94.5: ⑦94.3: ⑧ 93.9: ⑨: ⑩:⑪: ⑫:
Pledge for week 10: NO excuses!
Retire_The_Fat

Postby dearne » Sat May 19, 2012 9:12 am

Retire_The_Fat wrote:What a triumph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are exceptional! and you did it all by yourself and against all odds!

Actually, you brought a tear to my eyes reading that and, even though, we hadn't met before I feel so proud for you.

Now you really understand that there's only one person in this world that can do anything for you and that person is YOU xx

I didn't mean to make you cry :(, now that I am 2/3 of the way through my weight loss, I do love sharing my story. Especially since in the space of 2 weeks in August I changed my thinking, my boyfriend, my job and my entire life.

People accuse me now of being a gym junkie, but I'm not a gym junkie, I can give up the gym any night I want for social events or seeing friends, but the difference is that I will go back at another time to make up for missing the gym. I have so many friends at the gym that it is just part of my life now and I don't want it any other way.

Doing this has made me a firm believer that if you are not in the right frame of mind for weight loss then you shouldn't do it, you shouldn't start to change things until you are truly ready, and the only person who can determine that is the individual!

Thanks Retire_The_Fat for being proud of me! And the encouragement.... now I'm off to the gym for my Saturday morning workout!
Dearne
dearne

Postby dearne » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:07 pm

I wanted to extend my update from May, as I am now at 12 months of my full change.

I completed the 10km Run Melbourne in 1:05, which I am surprisingly a little disappointed in, but that is because my aim was to complete it in an hour. Based on how I ran that, and my friends enjoying it, we have decided to train for the half marathon at the Melbourne Marathon in October. I will be able to run the whole lot of it, starting a 12 week training program a couple of weeks ago.

This dedication has allowed another few kilos to come off, getting now to 73kg. As I have explained to a couple of my trainers, I am happy with my weight is at the moment and I will eventually get to the goal weight but it can take as long as I need. I am more interested in improving my fitness first, and the weigh will come off as it needs to.

With the new found confidence, I am now gaining more friends. I have finally found an interest that I adore, so having time outside of the gym is very dificult because I have so much to do!

To continue a weight loss journey, just remember it is not about being motivated, it is about making habits, so that things become an unconcious action that you need to do rather than something that is an effort. That is how I am able to be at the gym 6 days a week (a couple of times it is twice a day).
Dearne
dearne

Previous

Return to Weekly Weigh In