It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:21 am

Free Newsletter

Tyger's Weekly Moments of Truth

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Tyger's Weekly Moments of Truth

Postby Tyger » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:46 am

Hi fellow forum buddies,

So here is where I'll be tracking my progress. So far I am on track, and I am keenly wanting to break down to 78kg's, just so I know that I am actually losing weight! I think it's hard to fathom for me, because I have never really lost weight in my entire life, not for lack of trying though. I find it so difficult. I haven't lost so much as 2kg, ever. I've just slowly drifted from a slim 69kg up to 81kg over my early 20's. I don't even know how it happened. Being athletically built, it has been difficult to tell. But now I can't fit into my size 11 jeans anymore (I tend to collect weight around my bum and thighs. Luckily my stomach is still flat). So here's to fitting into my jeans again!

(Starting weight) Mon 15/11/10: 81kg
Mon 22/11/10: 79.7

This morning I jumped on the scales and I was 79.1kg. I know it's likely reduced water-weight and so forth, especially seeing as it was a warm night. But I am staying positive, and fingers crossed that I am in the 78's by Monday!

Tyger.
Tyger

Re: Tyger's Weekly Moments of Truth

Postby brendan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:15 am

Go get 'em Tyger!

:D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:06 pm

Damn, Brendan you beat me to it (I just used the same line in Tyger's intro thread)

Fat around the bum and thighs is at least the healthier kind - it's the tubby tummy that's the main indicator of health issues. Get some squats and lunges going to tone up those muscles and you might find the jeans start fitting a bit better again even before the wobbly bits start disappearing.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby brendan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:51 am

It just cried out to be said didn't it, Tegan? :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby Tyger » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:16 pm

Haha thanks guys :)

Well today's weekly weigh-in. This morning I hopped on the dreaded scales and I was 78.7kg. That's a loss of 1kg exactly since last week's weigh-in!

I'm really happy :mrgreen: I know that because I weighed myself first thing when I woke up, the reading is the lowest it goes for me and realistically over the stage of the day I probably range up to as much as a kg higher again, but we're going by same-time-same-day weigh-ins so I guess it's a good indicator regardless :P

So I'm even more determined to keep doing what I'm doing, and fingers crossed that by my holiday on the 22/12, which is 3 weeks away, I'll be 77kg or less. I don't want to expect that I'll lose 1kg a week, because from the calories I'm counting, it's more like a 500-700gram loss a week. This was definitely a lucky week!

I'm already feeling a little smaller around the waist. I couldn't be happier :D
Tyger

Postby Tyger » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:49 am

I am NOT (capital not!) looking forward to tomorrow's weekly weigh-in. All week I just hung at the 78.6kg mark and this morning I was 79kg again. Grr. Nothing's budging this week. I feel like tomorrow's weigh-in is going to yield a gain if anything. That's pretty upsetting. But then what's to be done. Just stay on that horse and maintain this lifestyle change and hope that in time my body will slowly reflect my intake. I've been really good all week, except for last night, so I don't know what's caused this.

Frustrating, what we all have to go through, isn't it??
Tyger

Postby Tyger » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:23 am

What a shocking weigh-in. I weighed myself this morning and regardless of eating well under 1500 net calories daily all week, except for one day where I had alcohol (Sat night), for some reason this morning I weighed in at 79.5kg. I’m trying not to be completely shattered by this, but I’m feeling a bit emotional about it. When I first saw the number, I just thought it was all the biggest waste of time – I mean I haven’t really lost anything at all! I started off at around 80kg. This morning, after 3 weeks of monitoring every bite I was back up a kilo from last week. I’m feeling so dejected right now. I’m going to continue eating well of course, and I’m not going to give up. But this has really dented my confidence about it all.

Maybe I’ll weigh myself tomorrow on the off chance that I was holding a lot of water-weight this morning. Maybe it’s wishful thinking. But I can’t justify this jump in the numbers, it just doesn’t make sense.
Tyger

Postby Tyger » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:34 am

I have decided to consolidate this thread and my Food Diary thread into one, you can find my progress here from now on:

http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=25691

~Tyger. 8)
Tyger

Return to Weekly Weigh In