It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:36 pm

Free Newsletter

26kgs to loose, starting weight 94kgs -(

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

26kgs to loose, starting weight 94kgs -(

Postby couz86 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:29 am

Hi all,

This is my very first post here! And my first wiegh in. I am ashamed of myself as I have gained so much weight and feel sluggish.
My starting weight as of this morning is 94 kgs and Im 172cm tall and only 24.
So my goal is to loose 26 kgs to get down to 68 kgs.

I went to my boyfriends work party the other night and few people asked if i was pregnant. This made me feel so bad and my boyfriend was so upset by it. He is sticking by my side and helping me and motivating me, but his not sure how too and feels bad to tell me that I need to loose weight to be happy and healthy. I appreciate his honesty as I know it was so hard for him to tell me. Its hard cause his tall, dark and handsome. We have been together for over 2 years and when I met him I was going through a divorce and cause of all the stress I was about 80 kgs and soon as it was over my weight has increased now to 94kgs. I was eating chocolate, ice-cream and lots of junk food, I think to feed my emotion. I am still really hurt as my ex husband cheated on me and used to put me down all the time, so I never loved myself or my body and treated it like censored.

I joined a gym 4 weeks ago, the first 2 weeks I went 4 times a week, now that I have had exams and been extremely busy with work went off the rails and only going once a week. I need to keep my motivation and to be inspired by other people who have lost weight and this forum is fantastic for that.

Any tips/suggestions on how I can stay motivated throughout my journey or anyone else that has this amount of weight to lose I would love to hear from you.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlcCtm7/]

SW= 94kgs as of 11.12.2010)
Final GOAL = 68kgs by Mid Aug 2011
couz86

Re: 26kgs to loose, starting weight 94kgs -(

Postby brendan » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:10 pm

First of all Couz I bid you welcome.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support and help here. Just browsing is a good start to find some excellent motivating stories from people whose experiences might be similar to your own.

I have said it before to others new to the board - make yourself a plan, perhaps involve your boyfriend in the process too, but realize that it is essentially YOUR PLAN!
Decide what goal weight you'd like, and how long would it take at an achievable weight loss rate. Set a series of targets along that road to perfect weight. Decide what you are going to do to achieve those targets ie Healthy eating and exercise. List the foods that you know are going to have to eat to lose weight and remain healthy. List the foods that you know will impede your weight loss and that you either must avoid, or at least eat minimal amounts of. Make sure you have healthy snacks available - fruit/nuts celery sticks, carrots, and maybe some low calorie dip or salsa. Try to get some idea of the quantity of food to put on your plate. Plan to involve exercise as part of your day, perhaps list a number of exercises so that you don't get bored with a single activity. Might be an idea to formulate strategies for maintaining the weight once you get there.
You could perhaps use photos of yourself when you were at your best weight as inspiration, and as a reminder as to why you are losing weight.

Just a few ideas
Bren
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby Metalcharm » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:41 pm

Thanks for sharing your story and I wish you all the luck :D

As far as motivation .. let yourself be the motivation. Push yourself to the gym and into healthy eating for a couple of weeks and when you start seeing the difference in your clothes/scales/body tone then you won't be able to wait until you can get back at the gym!
Find things that are fun for you will want to do them more.
Tell everyone you know what your plan is then you won't want to fail.

And keep popping back here and telling us how your going and reading everyone else's success!

Good luck!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby couz86 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:51 pm

Ok,

Here goes everyone. I have attached two pics. The first once is me now at 94kgs (excuse the undies and bra) and the second on was me on my 18th in 2004, dont know how much I weighed but I always thorught I was fat and overweight back then. Oh how I was wrong.

This is to inspire me to loose the 26kgs, My boyfriend knows my plan and will help me. I have already done my 2011 diary up with weigh ins and goal weights. This way I cant forget!!!

I'm hoping to be at my goal weight for my 25th birthday in July!!!

Go ME!!!
Attachments
copy3.JPG
Me on my 18th back in 2004
copy3.JPG (23.77 KiB) Viewed 1775 times

couz86

Postby brendan » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:17 am

You are very motivated and I reckon if you can keep that motivation going you will make it! The pictures are a great way of reminding yourself what you are moving towards, and moving away from.

Go You!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby couz86 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:58 pm

First weigh in this morning. I lost 0.8 kgs which was my goal.

I probably would have lost a little more if I didn't drink and go out for dinner last night. But I did not over indulge.

I am very happy with my 0.8 loss!!

:D

couz86

Postby Metalcharm » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:53 am

Great result . .congratulations!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby sizing_down » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:52 pm

well done on that first week!

This is not my first time around on the weight loss merry go round... anything but! and I've definitely been where you are now although my situation was quite different. The comfort eating was exactly the same. My husband is also tall dark and handsome (and fit) and I'm a short fat blob and I always feel so embarrased when we are out places and people give us this look like they are wondering what on earth he is doing with me. One time I even heard someone say to his gf "maybe she is his sister" :shock:
to make that one worse we were at a public swimming pool and the girl was a tiny bikini-clad thing who looked about 16, as was her friend and their boyfriends were your typical surfie types and I was about 96kg at the time from memory. It was humiliating.

"They" say that 0.5 to 1kg a week is a healthy and sustainable amount to lose so you are off to a great start. The only thing I can tell you is that the only way to get there is to keep going and keep setting yourself goals. The secret is persevering no matter how depressed you are feeling about it. You can do it.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYY4HVE/]
[/url]

12 Week Challenge Goal 28th Febuary 2011 68.6kg

Starting weight: September '10 83kg
sizing_down

Postby couz86 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:17 pm

Welll I reached my goal weight loss on Saturday. Another 0.8kg lost.
So Im down from 94 to 92.4kgs. With Christmas yesterday I tried not to overeat nor eat the chocoloates that were lying around everywhere. Another dinner tonight of roast so again going to try and not over eat. I have done no exercise yesterday (besides playing backyard cricket) and rearranging two of my rooms, moving furniture by myself.

Hope everyone has had a great christmas and a happy and safe New Year.
And hope we are reach our goals!!!

couz86

Postby couz86 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year.

I was so suprised when I weighed in on Saturday and lost 1 kg

I have now lost a total of 2.6 kgs.

How did everyone else go during this last week?

couz86

Postby court » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:21 pm

Hi Couz86! Welcome!! :D

I just wanted to let you know it is so do-able! At the age of 22 i was 92kgs and at 159cm that was very overweight... I got down to a fantastic 65.8kgs in approx 12 months - but a recent injury has seen me jump back up to 70kgs but good news is it is on the way down again :) And once you have done it and you know how to do it and you put the effort in there is no stopping you :)

I just wanted to share a few little things about my weight loss. I found it was 60% diet, 20% exercise and 20% water intake... that being said I exercised like a machine BUT the weeks when I didnt as long as I ate a clean and healthy diet I lost weight...check out calorie king. It is an online tool which makes you accountable for everything you put in your mouth. Get a "goal" outfit... there is nothing better than slipping it on and hearing it zip up! (My goal outfit ended up being WAY too big!!)..drink water!! Up to approx 2.5L a day and no more you dont want to make yourself ill but water is key.... and do research... i read everything!!!!!!

good luck and congrats on how far you have come so far :D 8)
court

Postby sally_will_shrink » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:58 pm

Hey Couz, Congrats on your total weight loss so far! Very impressive, especially over the christmas/new years period!

And court, i like your idea of the goal outfit - awesome that yours was too big for you! now what should mine be? 8)
sally_will_shrink

Postby couz86 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:42 pm

Hi Court and others,

I do have a pair of jeans in mind. My first pair of Jeans I hope to fit into are my skinny jeans I wore when I meet my boyfriend, then my final goal (I hope) is to fit into my favourite pair of jeans from about 10 years ago!

I don't think this week will be a very good week as I have been sick. But the upside is my business requires me to get out and walk dogs, so this has still got my out & i have been to the gym once this week, tomorrow I will go again but Im not expecting a loss this week.

I will see on Saturday when I weigh in! Fingers crossed.

Couz86

couz86

Postby couz86 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:16 am

Hi All,

I only lost 100g this week, i haven't eaten anything bad and I exercised but I've been sick this past week which has resulted in me only losing 100g! I have to make it up this week with lots of exercise and eating less if I wanna reach my first goal and get down to 90kgs by this SAT, which I will have to loose 1.3kgs for Saturday! ANy tips on how to do it???????

Talk soon

couz86

Postby couz86 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:13 am

Hi All,

Well I have lost 3.9kgs in total, a loss of 1.2kgs this week. I am only 100grams away from my first goal. :D :D

I am so wrapped with the early results so far, I have nearly lost my double chin! and cms of my stomach.

My mum bought me the Skinny Mini 5 day detox program I started it yesterday.

I've been doing laps at the pool and did my first aqua aerobics class yesterday, it was amazing.

couz86

Next

Return to Weekly Weigh In