It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:20 pm

Free Newsletter

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Nanika » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:50 pm

Hello to everyone!
This is my first time ever in any forum of any kind (so I have no idea how this really works), and also my first time weighing in and setting goals publicly! Why wait for a New Years resolution right?
My goal is to lose 12kg. I'm currently 76.3kg (according to my scales this morning), and hope to come down to 64kg within about 3 months. Not eating mince pies will certainly help with that!
I'm hoping to run a marathon in May, so I really want to improve my fitness. Over the last year or two,I just stopped caring about what I put into my body or if I exercised at all. I don't necessarily want to be super strict and deny myself any food with fat in it, but I want to find balance in both exercise and eating. I do have to apply some extra discipline though to ensure that my outtake is greater than my intake (did I mention I'm a pastry chef which means that I have to apply more than a little discipline!). Anyway, I am not sure if anyone will actually read this, but it's kind of nice thinking that someone might, and that there are people out there who support and encourage one another. I'll post my weight next week, and we'll see what happens from there! :) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to anyone who may read this! :D I'm actually getting excited about this (what is wrong with me!?).
Nanika

Re: Newbie

Postby brendan » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:36 am

Hi and welcome Nanika

Of course people will read it ... happy christmas & new year to you too!
Just a suggestion though, just to make it easier for you and others to know where to find your weight loss data, perhaps start a thread called "Nanika's Weekly Weight Loss"
"Newbie" is more of a generic subject header.

Best wishes for you in reaching your goals.

Bren

PS - I had some thought of doing a marathon, but I have to face the fact that I am not built like a marathon runner, and I can't see myself being ultra skinny like a marathon runner. Body shape is all wrong, and muscles are wrong. I might settle for a fun run or two :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Re: Newbie

Postby Nanika » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:29 pm

Thanks for the response Bren!
I will definitely start a new thread. You've done such a great job on your weight loss!! I weighed myself this morning, and it came up as 74.6kg, so I've managed to drop a little weight this week which is exciting! I think I dropped a kilo simply by the fact that I stopped making (and eating) mince pies!

In regards to running a marathon, it may sound crazy, but anyone can do it. I never thought I could run and always told myself that, but then started slowly by running and walking until I could do a 3.5km circuit and I built up very slowly from there. Running a marathon was always a dream - and you definitely don't have to 4% body fat to run one (unless you're an elite runner who runs a km in 3.30min for over 2 hours!!) I'm an example of a runner that loves the challenge and sense of achievement but doesn't care so much about breaking records. Mind you, if you simply hate running, then there's no point doing it, as it's a tough challenge. Fun runs are great, and I can really recommend those. The atmosphere is great, people are there to encourage you, and you can set some really great goals!
So thanks for your response Bren, and the encouragement. I appreciate it! :)
Nanika
Nanika

Return to Weekly Weigh In