It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:42 pm

Free Newsletter

Shelley Weighs In

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Shelley Weighs In

Postby JP1 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:21 am

Well done making the 80s Shelley, have no doubt you are on target for 85 by month end, keep it up and congrats!
8)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 107 Kg (3 May 2019)
Current :105 Kg (17 May 2019)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014) : 99.2 Kg (31 May 2016) : 104.7 Kg (10 May 2019)
Target : 90 Kg by 9 Aug 2019
JP1

Postby ganymede » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:14 am

I'm not sure how weigh in will go. I didn't each much yesterday but I had a big dinner, I think it was what my body needed. I had a lot of pasta and home made garlic bread and a yoghurt muesli bar... I was definitely over but it's the first day during this challenge I've been over calories. I still exercised too, a very light, slow walk but I was glad I did it instead of wallowing in misery on the couch pondering life.

Things are definitely still not great, they're going to be pretty crappy for awhile but I am trying my very best to stay on track. Not really hungry again today, been having a lot of up n go and sugar free V, I know that is terrible but I'm just not feeling it... organising with work to take a day for myself and get my head sorted. It's just the exercise that is hard because it's hard to be up beat and keep up a good pace. I will NOT let this defeat me though, it would make me so angry at myself and at the situation so if I can at least handle the food better, the scales will keep going down, just not as fast.

It's possible I'll be retaining weight or something stupid by weigh in day as my body does tend to hold onto everything when I'm stressed. Am hoping a couple of days walking and watching the food will tip the scales in my favour. I'd be happy with any loss this week.

Anyway, I might be a bit quiet on here for awhile, I really need to focus on myself and getting things sorted at home and the internet just distracts me from what I should be doing. I'll still be kicking around and reporting, just not as much.

Keep up the great work T, I'm so damn proud of you... And thanks JP, the 80's is my happy numbers but I still want the 70's and beyond...
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby JP1 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:30 am

ganymede wrote:And thanks JP, the 80's is my happy numbers but I still want the 70's and beyond...

I hear you though 80's and beyond seem a lifetime away at present :lol: but am here for the long haul..

Don't be too down on yourself re treating yourself to a bigger portion of dinner.. you have been pushing your body and it might just be the bodies way of saying 'hold up a second'.. I'm sure you will still pull a reasonable number this week.. Catch you when you surface from your internet hiatus..
8)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 107 Kg (3 May 2019)
Current :105 Kg (17 May 2019)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014) : 99.2 Kg (31 May 2016) : 104.7 Kg (10 May 2019)
Target : 90 Kg by 9 Aug 2019
JP1

Postby Blitz » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:47 pm

The weight never comes off as fast as we want. :( But at least it is coming off! :D

I don't think it is the exercise that gets you down so much as the build up to the exercise.
I can waste stacks of time avoiding getting started and once you start those first couple of minutes are always a killer.
Sometimes I think that I exercise only because it feels so good when I finally stop! :shock: :lol:

But seriously, weight loss isn't about what we feel about it...it is something we have to do whether we feel like it or not.
I enjoy my work but nevertheless there are some days when I just don't want to do it. It is the same with weight loss (and maintenance for that matter). It is the job we do - whether we are in the mood or not.

I know sometimes it is a grind but that is what we have to do. We put it on...it is our obligation to take it off and to keep it off.

I have found that when I'm down that a good walk, run or swim is a great pick me up (once I've managed to pick myself off the couch that is!). A good walk with the wind blowing in the trees and seeing things that most people are too busy to look at such as small bird chirping brightly. Or a midnight run with great music lifting your spirits as you pound the pavements in time with the beat...just you and the moon...and those stray cats! Just maybe, a swim where you feel the water soak into your bones and refreshing you from within. These are a few of the things that I've done to get myself out of "poor me" mind set.

Remember - one day at a time is all that is required. Tomorrow and yesterday is not today's hassle.

Wishing you the best
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:14 am

I will be happy with any loss this week, honestly. Any number that is in the 80's will make me happy after the week I've had.

Yes, starting is always the worst part. And those days you really don't want to, all I can think about it when it will be done. My aim right now is "even if I just do something, anything more than wallowing in misery in bed - that's a step in the right direction".

Yesterday I jogged 500m straight, which is a hefty effort for me, I'm terrible at jogging and managed to do a couple of other intervals before just doing very brisk walking. Only 25 minutes in total, only 196 cals but hey, it could have been 0 if I let myself not care. I only ate 1076 cals yesterday though so doing more probably would have made me feel worse.

I do find a nice walk out in nature definitely helps the mood. I think once weigh in day has been and gone, some of my motivation to get a better number next week will come back. I need to be careful this week as my birthday is tomorrow and while I don't intend on any bad food on that day, I will do pizza on Friday night and am having brunch with friends on Sunday. Brunch isn't so bad, I'll research beforehand and try and find toast or yoghurt and muesli, something that isn't so bad calorie wise and just stick to my usual bland tea.

Pizza I know I can work in if I get a good work out in that afternoon - which is definitely the plan. I want to eat pizza, I have to work for it.

My partner is off on a business trip to America on the 16th for a week - I think to take my mind off the empty house etc, I will be exercising a lot. I need to make up for this week anyway. And that's my plan to get through this gigantic bump in the road... That and steer clear from the computer as much as possible (on here during the week for work anyway but otherwise, I need to focus on other things).

Thank you as always, Kim!
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:18 am

Doing something is better doing nothing - is the right approach. I have found once I've started I actually find that I end up doing more than I intended. Howard Hendricks once said that it is always easier to motivate a moving object than a static one. Any effort we manage can be the start of something bigger. :D

All food is permissible...so long as you own it. Exercise madly and exercise portion control and then you have earnt it. Personally I would expend the energy on something more appealing (never be much of a pizza lover unless it has an egg or two on it). :shock: :lol:

Happy Birthday...may your next one find you weighing much less, looking younger with happy and healthier lifestyle! 8)
Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:46 pm

Thanks Kim! :)

LW: 90kg
TW: 89.3kg

A loss of 700g this week. I'm happy with that after everything that happened. A loss is a loss and I'm officially back in the 80's ;)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:50 pm

Well done Shelley! The harder the battle - the sweeter the victory! 8)

Welcome to the 80's...now get out of them!...the 70's want to see you in their neck of the woods! :lol: :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby buttless » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:04 am

ganymede wrote:Thanks Kim! :)

LW: 90kg
TW: 89.3kg

A loss of 700g this week. I'm happy with that after everything that happened. A loss is a loss and I'm officially back in the 80's ;)

yayyyy Shelley's in the 80's Shelley's in the 80's doin the dance :D Well done that is awesome. Keep up that strong determination to kick the old shelley to the kerb, watch this space I say 8)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ18xp3/]
buttless

Postby ganymede » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:08 pm

Thanks B! I'm very happy to be back there. Not sure what Thursday will bring for weigh in, I'd be happy to break even at this point, been some bad food and some bad times in general but I'm getting back into it because I do NOT want to see the 90's ever again. Need to knock some more numbers off and get well and truly back into the 80's ;)

If I do hit the 90's again this week, I'll take it in my stride and work on dealing with emotional stress better without overeating for next time :lol:

I will not less this tough time jeopardise everything I have worked so hard for over the past 10 weeks. Just gotta keep my chin up and stay focused on the task at hand ;)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:53 pm

That's right Shelley...do what you can (and make sure that it is ALL that you can) - that is all that is required.

If you stand on the scales and think to yourself, "I could have done so and so thing better" then you know you held out. But if you stand, know you had done your best - then you can stand tall - no matter what the numbers say. :D

It is only over when you stop - so don't ever stop! 8) Keep going!

Kim
Blitz

Postby buttless » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:02 pm

Blitz wrote:That's right Shelley...do what you can (and make sure that it is ALL that you can) - that is all that is required.

If you stand on the scales and think to yourself, "I could have done so and so thing better" then you know you held out. But if you stand, know you had done your best - then you can stand tall - no matter what the numbers say. :D

It is only over when you stop - so don't ever stop! 8) Keep going!

Kim

Hear hear, so so true kim well said
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ18xp3/]
buttless

Postby ganymede » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:04 pm

You are completely right, Kim. Considering the horrible week I've had, I think I did my best with exercise but probably could have done better with food. I was just feeling so lousy and emotionally and physically drained that I got lazy with cooking. So I know what to work on next week and being the only person in the house for a week, I don't have to cook any red meat or chicken! :lol:

Friday night I want to fit in burgers and beer and breakfast with my partner on Saturday (I don't have to eat anything bad for breakfast - toast will be fine so long as we're doing it together! ;) ) but other than that, hard work people!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:45 pm

You gotta have a bit of protein...or what's the point of living? :wink:

It will be a good time for you to clear your head specially while you are exercising.

Absence does make the heart grow fonder...it is just when they get back home that the problems set in! :shock: :lol:

Three essentials for weight loss: grit - determination - and above all...a sense of humour! :D :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:53 pm

I wish I could eat red meat or chicken but I'm intolerant to both! It makes things really hard but I can still eat fish and bacon for some strange reason...not that I'm complaining ;)

A clear head is definitely what I need right now. I think we both need some time to think and mull things over and hopefully as you say, the absence will make the heart fonder. At least once he gets back we can really start putting in the hard yards to make our relationship work. I admit it hasn't been smooth sailing so far but it's hard to keep up a pretence of "being okay" when I'm really not. A week to express what I want, when I want will be a great help. I was considering a break anyway as I'm emotionally ruined and on the track to being physically unwell from it all so some time and space should be helpful.

Weigh in tomorrow but I really don't know how the numbers will fair. Another terrible night with the anxiety beating me to the ground exercise wise and the food was okay but not originally what I was going to eat. I will keep going though, as I know this is for me above anything else and I will only be worse if I start gaining weight again!
- Shelley

ganymede

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In