It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:15 pm

Free Newsletter

Shelley Weighs In

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Shelley Weighs In

Postby Matt76 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:14 pm

You poor thing Shelley. Keep eating healthy and keep yourself in good shape but most importantly get your head straight! Life is too short to be unhappy. I feel for you.
Matt76

Postby Blitz » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:33 pm

Find solace in exercise...it is there...just down the road from Sweaty Street, up over Struggle Hill and around the corner from Pain Lane.

A good run or walk in nature gets the body running and the mind working on the big things, calmly and rationally. I guess you can't get too anxious over life's problems - if you are too busy just staying upright and breathing! :shock: :lol:

I do a lot of constructive thinking and praying while I'm running, walking or swimming by myself. :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:00 am

LW: 89.3kg
TW: 89.5kg

A gain of 200g...I was down 300g two days ago!!!

I will need to find some serious solace in exercise in the coming week :lol: And make far better food choices in the week to come. But that's okay, I'm prepared to do so to get a good result and prepared not to let this defeat me, however hard the battle.

I love walking in nature so that's my exercise well and truly sorted. I just need to focus on fresh, filling brain foods to keep me going and I should be well prepared.

I am taking tomorrow off from work and have decided despite my yearning to sleep the day away, I am going to get up at around 5am and drive to the coast. There is a section of beach between Kingscliff and Fingal that I'd like to walk. It's a fairly large distance but will clear my mind and give me time to think and burn calories :wink:

Thank you to everyone who has shown me such amazing support during this difficult time. I know I haven't posted much on everyone's journey but I'm so proud of you all for giving it your all!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby shel_bel » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:31 pm

I love walking outside too. I like looking around my neighbourhood and being mindful when I'm doing it. Sometimes I go without music so I can listen to the chatter in my head (I swear I'm not crazy! Haha) and reinforce those positive messages.

Continue to be kind to yourself and your body will be kind back to you :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w49l0zq/]
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:45 pm

I believe this time for you although difficult will be a watershed in your journey towards a better future. What you learn here will toughen your brain for the hard yards ahead. 8)

I'm envious of your planned walk. My last holiday I got up that early and ran along the foreshore of a quiet calm inlet and it was magic!

I know what you mean about the music Shel_bel. There are times for huge loud music beating the rhythm of your run , other times for quieter sounds to mellow you out and on occasions it is just great to be in your own head...and find out more about yourself. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby JP1 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:04 pm

ganymede wrote:
I am taking tomorrow off from work and have decided despite my yearning to sleep the day away, I am going to get up at around 5am and drive to the coast. There is a section of beach between Kingscliff and Fingal that I'd like to walk. It's a fairly large distance but will clear my mind and give me time to think and burn calories :wink:

I know that section between Kingscliff and Fingal lol, I have walked my dog along there loads of times in the past, when my a Dad use to live on the Tweed.. Enjoy! 8)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 107 Kg (3 May 2019)
Current :105 Kg (17 May 2019)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014) : 99.2 Kg (31 May 2016) : 104.7 Kg (10 May 2019)
Target : 90 Kg by 9 Aug 2019
JP1

Postby ganymede » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:10 am

It was definitely a beautiful walk, JP! 9.6km up and back, my calves are still sore :lol:

Weigh in day... and I'm happy to report...

LW: 89.5kg
TW: 87.5kg

A loss of 2kg this week :wink: Must have been holding on to some weight from stress last week that has suddenly dropped off woohoo! Hoping this gets me into the Final 2 for my challenge :)
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:32 pm

What a great result! Considering what tough time you have been having lately you have to be well pleased with that! 8) :D

Good work!

Kim
Blitz

Postby buttless » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:35 pm

ganymede wrote:It was definitely a beautiful walk, JP! 9.6km up and back, my calves are still sore :lol:

A loss of 2kg this week :wink: Must have been holding on to some weight from stress last week that has suddenly dropped off woohoo! Hoping this gets me into the Final 2 for my challenge :)

woohoo 9.6km walk that's HUGE, make sure you massage those muscles otherwise they are going to be hell..... its so great to see that barriers can be broken through - good on you shelley you are an inspiration to us all :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ18xp3/]
buttless

Postby ganymede » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:15 pm

Blitz wrote:What a great result! Considering what tough time you have been having lately you have to be well pleased with that! 8) :D

Good work!

Kim

I most definitely am though I think 2kg in a week is far too much. Especially when some of that weight is dropping due to stress... Unfortunately things are extremely rocky right now, I threw up at work today and have not been well since and barely scraped 900 cals today due to not feeling like eating/getting full very quickly when I finally did. Anxiety is kicking my butt but I have a plan in place and am in the last week of my challenge as I made it to the final 2 so I refuse to give up or let this defeat me. I didn't exercise today though and may give tomorrow a miss also but I'll be doing some house cleaning so at least I'll be doing something to keep a bit active during the day.

buttless wrote:
ganymede wrote:It was definitely a beautiful walk, JP! 9.6km up and back, my calves are still sore :lol:

woohoo 9.6km walk that's HUGE, make sure you massage those muscles otherwise they are going to be hell..... its so great to see that barriers can be broken through - good on you shelley you are an inspiration to us all :D

Hey B, I have done a lot of bush walking in the past so 9.6km isn't that much when I think about it. Not that I wasn't pooped afterwards :lol: I like to challenge myself in that respect. At almost 100kg I managed to walk the Virgin Narrows in Zion NP in Utah (google it!!!) Basically walking through a river for 8km up and 8km back. When I was around the low 80kg mark, my partner and I did a 22km walk, that sure tired me out :shock: That's part of the reason why I am doing this, so I can manage doing it better without being puffed and lagging behind.

It makes me happy that I can be an inspiration to others and I will continue to try my best to do so for the many months and years ahead ;)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:08 am

Always look after the body.

The big numbers are nice but you do feel it when you push the boat out too much. My voice use to get very weak when I pushed too hard...I sounded very feeble...friends would worry but it wasn't as bad as it sounded. :shock: :lol:

Pacing is the key...that is why athletes have alternate days of intensities when training; one hard day - then an easy day and to be followed by a medium day.

If the journey was easy...what is the point? Where would the challenge be? Conquered hardship gives us a greater victory!

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:11 pm

I'm still struggling with this anxiety fueled illness so back to the docs this arvo. I'm just trying to eat enough at this stage, I will exercise if I can eat enough otherwise I feel I'll be too weak and probably make myself worse.

I always get really pale when I've pushed myself too hard and I'm not exactly tanned in the face to begin with :lol: Another couple of days til the challenge is done - my scales said 86kg this morning which is actually concerning considering I've been eating a lot of whatever I want, taking advantage of eating "when I feel like it" because it's few and far between at the moment. I also haven't exercised except for a short walk down to the dog show on Saturday and a day filled with cleaning :roll:

Will see what Thursday weigh in brings and from there, slow and steady and feeding my body enough food and the right foods (not that I'm not doing that at the moment, I just don't feel like eating...)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:35 pm

So you're not joining JP's new challenge then? You know you really want to! :lol:

Keep the progress steady and let your body catch up is a good policy.
After all...what's the use of getting to goal with a broken body/spirit? It was all about getting healthy in the first place, right? 8)

Look after yourself...you ARE doing very well.

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:59 am

LW: 87.5kg
TW: 85.9kg

A loss of 1.6kg this week.
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:43 am

An excellent result. Great achievement...you ought to be very proud of yourself. 8)

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In