It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:27 pm

Free Newsletter

Shelley Weighs In

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Shelley Weighs In

Postby ganymede » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:12 pm

It's a bad sign when my weigh in thread starts to creep down the page :shock:

I will be weighing in again on Thursday, whatever may come, whatever the gain. I'm fairly certain I've now gained over 3kg since the last challenge ended so I think it's time to fess up and get the support I need. The gym isn't for everyone but during this hard time, I need some push and I really want to work on my jogging without getting splints from uneven paths and inclines etc.

I'm also considering a few PT sessions, just to get some support in my journey to awesomeness.
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:55 am

Shelley, when we are at rock bottom...there is no other place to go than to get honest with ourselves. This is all good. Once we tell it like it is then we can tackle the issues. Your "fessing up" is making you accountable to others - and more importantly to yourself. Good work. :D

From this beginning great things can be made and achieved! 8)

You will always find support here. We know the journey and believe in that better future for you. :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:52 am

Thanks so much Kim, this is what I needed to hear. And I'm so glad I was honest with myself and this forum on all the bad habits I've gone back to since finishing the challenge. Sure, I've been hit with a tonne of horrible stuff to deal with but my body needs strength and good food, not bad!

Last time I weighed in I was 87.9kg

TW: 88.6kg

700g gain and an overall gain of 2.7kg since the challenge ended. Considering my eating habits etc of late, I kept myself good enough of the time to reduce the damage during this hard time. Now I've at least got the food down pat and I want to increase my exercise again as I was actually shocked at how low the reading was judging by my sneak peaks throughout the week. I think that jogging on Monday really helped which has made me excited about doing more jogging and increasing my fitness!

Hoping for better results next week. If I could lose at least 1kg I would be happy but I'd like to aim for more while I have a free very long weekend and lots of time to exercise.
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:17 am

Never mind the 2.7kg since the last challenge. That is finished with. The gain that is in front of you is the one you are dealing with. Make a promise to yourself that your short term goal is to remove that 700g gain from your persons. :D

Keep the steps small and the goals in front of your nose and you will have success! The more you work at those goals - the more success will come your way! 8)

I'm pleased with how you have come to grips with taking responsibility for your actions...and taking actions that will reap benefits down the road. You too should be pleased with your progress. :) Good work!

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:56 pm

Agreed, Kim.

Main aim of the game is losing that 700g gain. I did "before" picks for the challenge I've just started and I was at 87.9kg and I felt pretty amazing even at that stage. So seeing that again will be a great relief. Small goals are better and less daunting and besides, the 85.9kg reading I got in the last week of the challenge was a lucky fluke. I wasn't eating enough, I was throwing up from anxiety and stress, I wasn't well at all :roll: So that weight was bound to change as soon as I had a proper meal :lol:

Next aim after that is the 86's range. With this new found love for jogging, I really think I can shred some good losses til I get to low 80's/high 70's. I know that's where I've hit a plateau and I'd be happy to reach a hard part in the road once I'm there. I am going to go for a walk/jog around my local lake very soon and I'm hoping because it's reasonably flat that I can do some long jogging intervals. That's where I'm torn at the moment. Jogging on the treadmill is great for endurance, it's always flat with no variances, no people to dodge, no hot sun or rain, my water bottle at the ready. I find it really hard to jog outside, I get puffed a lot easier due to inclines etc :lol: But then some days I like to be in my own mind space and be out in nature, so I'm really torn on what to do. I'd just do casual sessions but they're $20 a session, which is ridiculous!!! And if I joined for a year and only went just 2 times a week, it would be only cost me $14.40 a week. I will have to have a think about it...
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:29 pm

I believe we make the journey that much harder for ourselves because we don't watch those little blow out gains along the way. The trouble with them is that they deaden motivation and momentum - not to mention makes us expend more effort than is really needed.

My daily gains (days were I weighed more than the day before) during my weigh loss journey (60 weeks) added to a whopping 34.5 kilos (over 99 days)! There was only one month were I managed to keep it gain free (even then there were a few zero days - no gain but no loss). That means that I spent a lot of time just re-losing that which I had already lost! You can see on these numbers just how critical it is to stay on top of those gains. I spent over three months of my time putting on weight!...and I thought I was doing well! :shock:

If I was to join a gym, I would join one of those 24 hour places and go really late at night or very early in the morning when there is no one else there. I think that is why I enjoyed running and walking very late at night. Just me on the quiet street...and the stray cats! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:20 am

I completely agree. There is nothing more daunting than knowing you've seen lower numbers but have to reach them all over again after a gain :x I promise to NOT let that happen again, at least until I'm back in the 70's. I won't delude myself, hard yards ahead and I'm not going to be immune to bad decisions and some gains :lol: But I want to minimise them for the moment because I know getting results is what I need right now and NEW results at that.

LW: 88.6kg
TW: 87.7kg

A loss of 900g this week. I'm very happy with that, considering the couple of days I struggled. I'm aiming high this week and am aiming for a loss of 2kg. I will be seriously working my butt off to get here and working out 7 days straight. But I want new numbers. Even if I got to 85.9kg which is where I was at the end of the last challenge, I'd call victory. Then my aim is to lose that 5.9kg in the next 5-6 weeks which would see me at Week 9-10. From there, I want to push it to the max to see me WIN the title this time round, not just come second!!! My rival from the last challenge who came first is probably going to second chance this week so I may have a chance :lol:

So, in order to pull this number, I have worked out I will more than likely need to burn 4500 cals this week :shock: That's about 643 calories a day... a challenge you say!? :wink: I'm going to die...
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:43 am

Also, I did join the gym and it is a 24 hour one so I can go whenever I like. I'm excited to up the anty, at least for the next 9 weeks to get back into the 70's. Then I will slow it down a bit, still work on my fitness but start to add in some more strength stuff, get firmer and continue getting fitter.
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:57 am

Good one Shelley! You said that you would deal with that 700g and you did! You even over delivered and lost 200g more! 8)

At least you will die trying and not just wondering! :lol:
Best wishes on that challenge. There is only two certain ways to win. One - work it like heck! Two - buy a stack of chocolate eclairs and leave them at the doorstep of your main rival! :twisted: Only one of these ways is honourable...and the other - slightly more expensive! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Work that gym - and get your money's worth!

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:52 pm

I'm very pleased indeed! And the scales are going ever downward, even after only a couple of days.

Bwahahaha, alas my other contestants live in another country, otherwise I may just play a bit dirty :lol:
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am

ganymede wrote:I'm very pleased indeed! And the scales are going ever downward, even after only a couple of days.
Good going there Shelley!!! Well done, you should be VERY PROUD of yourself!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:29 pm

DD Diva wrote:
ganymede wrote:I'm very pleased indeed! And the scales are going ever downward, even after only a couple of days.
Good going there Shelley!!! Well done, you should be VERY PROUD of yourself!!! :wink:

Thanks Diva :) It was a good week and I'm glad to see some losses after being up and down for so long. This week will be the decider... I have smashing out some big work outs, last two days have been 700 and 800 calorie burns so I'll be pleased if I can keep this up til weigh in day.
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:06 am

Your mind is really into this game...excellent!
Now smash it in for a great weigh in! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:41 am

My head is definitely in the game!

Just gotta hope the scales keep going downward. I know one epic loss is all I need to really solidify this for myself. I crave that 85.9kg again, at least I knew I was almost half way to the 70's! Better do some nice long gym sessions this week :)
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:29 pm

Breaking the journey into those bite size achievable goals is the right way to go about it.
Go get it tiger! Pounce and leap from one success to the next! 8)

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In