It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Free Newsletter

BJAM's weekly weighing of less (hopefully!)

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: BJAM's weekly weighing of less (hopefully!)

Postby bjam » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:10 pm

a month and 3 days since I first posted (should have checked at the month, didnt even realise, these weeks went so fast!!) and this morning I am 72.2kg :P

so that means I have lost 5.8kg since I started!

oh also - waist = 91 (down 5cm)
hips = 100 (down 6cm)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6WMitp/]
[/url]
bjam

Postby Talien » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:58 pm

That's fantastic!!!! You're doing fantastic! :D
*~*~* BMR: 8,155 *~*~* 5,500kj Food Plan *~*~* Aim: 70kg *~*~*
MAY CHALLENGE:
Starting Weight: 117.6kg
Weekly Weigh-in: Monday 2/5: 117.6; Monday 9/5: 116.6
Talien

Postby CronicBadger » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:22 pm

Keep up the good work, bjam!
CronicBadger

Postby bjam » Sun May 01, 2011 5:50 pm

thanks guys :D
[/url]
bjam

Postby fitfor30 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:50 pm

Awesome!! good on you- thats a great effort!! its inspiring to read about your journey.... keep up the good work.

fitfor30
fitfor30

Postby bjam » Wed May 04, 2011 6:18 pm

Thankyou for the lovely words of encouragement

This week no loss - 72.2kg - but I think a combination of more than a few drinks and a couple meals out over the weekend plus generally seeing a bit of a cycle of loss then steady then loss again so hopefully there will be loss in the next couple of weeks... despite social engagements have mostly managed to keep to healthy foods and my 1200 cals (sometimes closer to 1300 but I am toying with making this my intake as I walk every day and I do not want to be eating too few... anyways - will probs try it for a week or 2 and see how I feel :)
[/url]
bjam

Postby bjam » Thu May 05, 2011 9:17 am

71.7kg this morning :D - god I love that feeling of seeing the number drop!!
[/url]
bjam

Postby ganymede » Thu May 05, 2011 9:51 am

Yay! Congratulations, you are doing a fantastic job!! :)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby fitfor30 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:29 pm

woop woop, your doingI great! Very inspiarational! :D
fitfor30

Postby fitfor30 » Tue May 10, 2011 5:12 pm

Hi bjam

hows it going for you? I am still trying to find my way around the forum, can be a bit difficult at times. I noticed you asked me what i was doing to loose weight (not on this post- somewhere on here!?) I am doing lite n easy 5 days a week... seems to be going well. untill last night that is- i started to feel sick and today feel like censored!!! Awful dripping/running nose and watery eyes with head cold. feeling a bit sorry for myself and doing some stupid comfort eating. gggrrr. also too sick for gym. boooo! :( :(

hope your week has been good so far. When do you weigh yourself? do you have a particular day? WHat do you do for exercise?

fitfor30
fitfor30

Postby bjam » Tue May 10, 2011 6:03 pm

I thought light n easy sounded like a great idea - although a little pricey for my student budget... which is why i decided on doing my own counting. But that is great to hear that it is going so well, minus the cold, hopefully you are feeling better again soon!

I am not doing much exercise - Yoga 1-2times most weeks, tennis once a week and I walk my dog every day or every two days - but nothing too intense - just stuff I enjoy really. I have found for the most part that exercise makes me feel good and I think I hold myself better when I am a bit fitter (I actually like picking things that work with posture and core strength as I think they are both good exercise and working toward the shape that I would like :P this has included body balance, yoga, running, ballet for adults - FUN btw), but actual weight loss for me seems to be almost entirely dependent on my diet... so I am really focusing on that right now. What sort of exercise do you do at the gym?

Which menu did you go for? I typed in my info and it recommended the 1500 plan - I was doing my own 1200 counting but have upped that to 1350 lately as most things seemed to be recommending a little higher calories (it is so hard to decide that one though - the higher cals seem like a lot of food but equally I dont want to be running on too many and slow down my metabolism or make this any harder than it needs to be :roll: )

as to the weighing... technically wednesday - but that equates to most mornings out of curiosity :lol:
[/url]
bjam

Postby bjam » Wed May 11, 2011 10:49 am

Weigh in today is 71.4kg (I had a morning at less than this during the wk but still an overall loss of 0.3 - not a lot but still the right direction :D )

I have decided when I get to 70 I will be treating myself to a gold class movie :mrgreen: CANT WAIT!!
[/url]
bjam

Postby ganymede » Wed May 11, 2011 9:14 pm

Wow, great job, you are doing so well! Keep it up! :mrgreen:
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby fitfor30 » Thu May 12, 2011 11:11 pm

0.3 is better than nothing, at least its a loss. Good on you!!!

A reward for 70 kg is a great idea, good to set lil goals. Let us know when you get there and what movie you will see. :)

Your weekly exercise seems good- especially if its all stuff you enjoy!! Seem slike you have it all sussed out! I'm on th 1200 for L & E. I really enjoy the food and love the convenience- love not having to orgaise meals (still have to make my son something- thats easy tho) and my partner is having the dinners with me.

hehe, i am so curious and want to weigh myself daily too!! but am holding off and just doing it once a week (monday).. bit worried about this week thought, no exercise yet- feeling alot better today so will get to the gym tomro. but also going out on sat night so will def be drinking. oh well---- i hope for a loss, even if its a little one. fingers crossed.

where do you do yoga? DVD or gym? I bought a dvd a while ago but only did it a few times. I know a few ladies that do yoga very regulary (and 1 teaches it too) they have such good bodies- long and lean and muscular. they walk in such a way, i've realised its their good posture. Def good exercise to do!! they also seem so calm and centred.
fitfor30

Postby bjam » Fri May 13, 2011 1:19 pm

I do yoga at "lifebalance" - it is like a yoga/pilates gym - I tried the one at the normal gym but they dont tend to do very much exercise during the class :P - I had thought about getting a dvd but havnt actually gone there yet - I am not sure how much I would do without other people there... but yes - the regulars are so stunning in the way they move/their build etc - it is both enjoyable exercise AND what I would like to aim for!

I wouldnt worry too much about the night out - I personally had several in the last week with my best friend in town - opted for spirits where I could and planned the alcohol cals into my day (within reason - safe to say I would not have been feeling my best limiting it to 500cals food and going on a bender :lol: ) and DANCED!! Even thought I am sure it slowed down my wgt loss, it was fun and I would be so sad if I was living a healthy lifestyle but cutting out the joys in life!!

Lost more this morning but it is such a cycle of drop, then up, then stable, then drop, I will just report on my wednesday wgt :P
[/url]
bjam

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Weigh In