It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:12 am

Free Newsletter

Beginning slowly

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Beginning slowly

Postby 67kilogoal » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:05 am

Hi all,

Here is my first weekly weigh-in. After one week I have lost a kilo. I haven't checked the scales until today so I had no idea if there was any progress. The only thing I did this week was stop eating after 7.30pm. This has stopped me from eating a lot of evening snacks, and I have gone to bed not feeling bloated (and that was a good feeling).

I want to adopt small changes so they will become a part of my life and not a part of weight loss only.
67kilogoal

Re: Beginning slowly

Postby Metalcharm » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Slowly is the way to do it and will be the most succesful way to KEEP the weight off so by making the small changes then it's going to be hte best way in the long run!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby 67kilogoal » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:00 am

Yipee! I have lost my 2nd kilo! I haven't anything differently than last week (not eating after 7.30) and honestly thought I wouldn't have a loss this week. I still snack on an icecream after work (my treat for working hard and they just taste so good).

This week I want to increase my vegetable intake. It is getting cold where I live and my kids and me have already got the sniffles. I am also trying to find a slot in the week to fit in some exercise. I own a good treadmill that my son uses, but each time I want to have a go I have already had a shower and am in my pjs so I think 'no i don't want to get sweaty now'. But exercise is a part of life (well I want it to be a part of mine) so I will give myself 3 set days this week. Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday evening. No excuses!
67kilogoal

Postby 67kilogoal » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:43 am

I just weighed myself and I have put on 400grams. Now I know it isn't much but I am supposed to be losing weight! But I didn't have a good week. I began last Sunday and Monday with exercise on the treadmill and exercise bike (enough to make me sweaty). Each night I walk the dogs but one of them is so slow I don't consider it exercise for me. After Monday I had a bad day and snacked on two packets of those tiny bags of chips in bed at night at about 10pm. Not good considering I stop eating at 7.30. Well, I thought, I can get over this mishap. The next day I went to Woolworths and bought a packet of 12 chocolate choc-chip easter buns (I usually get the wholemeal with fruit but they didn't have any). And these chocolate ones were so nice I gobbled them up within 2 days (I could have done it in one but my family had one piece each). OK, I didn't exercise after that and didn't look forward to this weeks weigh in, and I wasn't surprised that I put on weight.

When I gave up smoking about 8 years ago, the hardest part was not going cold turkey. If I let myself have one smoke, then I'd let myself have another. Is this the same with carbohydrates and icecream? My weaknesses. Should I give them up 100%? (I may ask this in another thread).

Well, I can feel that time of the month is on it's way, so I am going to expect the worst. Tomorrow I am going shoping for extra veges and I am going to chop them all up into an attractive mix for snacking on (I love snacking on capsicum). I am also going to re-start some exercise on the bike and treadmill. My aim will be to get below 72.5 kilos by next Sunday.
67kilogoal

Postby 67kilogoal » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:11 am

I was going to blame my weight gain on this cold winter. I managed to get down to 72 kilos and now I am back up to 76. But it isn't winter that is to blame. I have just stopped caring. I had a cholestral test and that was far too high. I have been living off chips, icecream, biscuits, anything that is unhealthy. I do eat a healthy breakfast and have a piece of fruit each day but that is where it all stops. I'm glad I have re-visited this site as I have to fix my diet for health reasons. (I just wish I enjoyed cooking). I need motivation and encouragement.

A healthy body shouldn't be a chore. We live in such a lucky country with choices of so many healthy foods.

I want to live a long life. So I am going to aim for a healthier diet (to start with at least).
67kilogoal

Postby Metalcharm » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:38 am

To answer your question in tehprevious post about not goiing cold turkey .. I suppose everyone is different. I am an all ornothing kind of girl. Whne I gave up smoking two and a half years ago there is no way in teh world I would have been able to have one .. even now I reckon that if I had one smoke I would have a packet. I used the same logic with my diet when I first started. I didn't allow ANY crap to pass my ips for the first four or five months. Yes we do need carbs for energy but we don't need them from chips or buns .. there's lots of ways to get healthy carbs.

As fr the ice-cream. In the old days I would have a plate most nights of the week. Now if I want something well after dinner I'll cut up an apple or orange and throw in some frozen berries and put no-fat yoghurt on top and it still feels like a treat.

You can sit there and think you are being deprived and hating yourself and this whole diet thing or you can think of it as a blessing that you are doing yourself a HUGE favour by looking after yourself and finding healthy foods that are just as good as the crap.
Don't give up .. keep jumping on the wagon!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby 67kilogoal » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:04 am

Thanks for that Metalcharm. Sometimes it is good to hear these things from other people. It is still very cold weather where I live and it is giving me the blues. But this morning the sun was shining and the scales read a lower reading than last week so I am feeling more motivated again. I would like to prepare myself for next years winter and be able to think healthy before then. I often just go through times of giving up on my health and weight and then I feel down. But today is a good start.

I did lose some weight this week but I won't give myself any credit for it. Though I did change from Lite Milk to Skim Milk, and maybe this has helped as I do eat cereal each morning and drink a fair amount of coffee.
67kilogoal

Return to Weekly Weigh In