It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:49 pm

Free Newsletter

Weighing in...

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Weighing in...

Postby bestinred » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:07 am

Ok so I've decided to start my own weekly weigh in thread to keep me honest and motivated. I have been losing weight since the start of January. It's coming off very slowly... I didn't reach the goal that I set for myself by the end of February, I wanted to be 78kg, I still haven't actually reached that goal. At last week's weigh in I was 79.4kg. I started at 84.1, so like I said it is coming off very slowly... but atleast I'm losing :D I have set a new goal for msyself which is 76kg by my cousin's wedding which is about 6 weeks away. I think this is reasonable, I don't want to set my goals too high because I get very un-motivated and down on myself when I don't reach them...

My weigh in day will be Thursdays, so I guess I'll check back in here in a couple of days!

Ultimate Goal = 58kg!!
bestinred

Re: Weighing in...

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:35 am

Congratulations on your weight loss so far, Bestinred! I think you're very sensible in aiming to lose small amounts each week. Not only does it give you realistic expectations, but the slower you lose the weight the more likely it is you will keep it off long term. Good on you and good luck with getting to your interim goal for your cousin's wedding!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby bestinred » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:54 am

Weighed in on Thursday and I still weigh 79.4kg... no loss, but no gain either... this morning I weighed myself again and it showed the same thing. I did have a few days last week that weren't so great so I can only be happy I didn't gain! This week is lecture recess and will be spent studying for mid-semester exams which usually makes me eat junk... But I haven't had the urge to go out and buy junk food yet and I have none in the house! I've decided that everytime I do feel like eating (which is usually when whatever I'm studying is getting too hard or too boring etc...) I'm just going to get up and take my dog for a walk around the block. Hopefully that'll keep me on track this week :D

Ultimate Goal = 58kg!!
bestinred

Postby Gutsy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:21 am

Good idea and your dog will ♥ you.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcWjzFc/]
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby bestinred » Tue May 17, 2011 11:03 am

Well I'm back! I went to my cousin's wedding last weekend weighing 80.5kg... Not the 76kg I was hoping for... I ended up gaining from the 79.4kg I was to about 81.5, and then losing again. I really just gave up eating healthy, I was still exercising but not nearly enough... And then I saw the numbers on the scale start to creep back up and that was enough to stop me!

So last monday I started getting serious again, weighed in on wednseday (the 11th) at 80.3kg then on saturday at 79.6kg, then today at 78.3kg! So that's a loss of 2kg this week! A little more than I was aiming for (I'm honestly happy if I lose 0.5-1kg a week) but I haven't been eating too little or anything so I'm not really sure why such a big weightloss. I've been eating close to my allocated 1500cals per day and exercising about 200-400 of them off, so not too drastic in my opinion. Maybe it's just my mindset?

I'm absolutely loving it at the moment! Finding new foods that I can cook that are both within my (really tight) budget and within my calorie requirement for the day. And of course, I'm loving seeing the results on the scales and I even think I can notice results in the mirror :)

Ultimate Goal = 58kg!!
bestinred

Postby bjam » Tue May 17, 2011 11:49 am

Hey bestinred!

Well done on getting back on track - 2kg in a week is awesome! Where do you look for recipes and what sort of foods are you cooking?? I feel we are running on a very similar diet plan and have a similar goal! (Im eating around 1350cals and perhaps burning off 100-300 cals each day and also cooking a LOT to keep myself entertained and eating well :lol: ) to this I should add I am running on a student budget so would be very keen to swap ideas for cheap good food to cook :D

Bjam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6WMitp/]
[/url]
bjam

Postby bestinred » Thu May 26, 2011 12:18 pm

Well I only lost 200g this week but it is ttotm so I'm not all that concerned, usually I'd see a gain so a loss is great! Also I know I've been pretty good this week, although I did go over my calories twice last week, the rest of the week has been great!

The two days I did go over my calories (only just) were days that I was working, really long days of farm work, so I know that I probably burned alot of calories despite eating more and not fitting 'actual' (ie, walking, gym) exercise in.

I've also started taking my measurements, I'll take them once a fortnight I think as I'm sure I'm losing cm's as well as the kilo's. It should be a good motivator. I'm pretty excited to get on the scales next week to see some more weight loss!!

Ultimate Goal = 58kg!!
bestinred

Postby bestinred » Thu May 26, 2011 12:31 pm

bjam wrote:Hey bestinred!

Well done on getting back on track - 2kg in a week is awesome! Where do you look for recipes and what sort of foods are you cooking?? I feel we are running on a very similar diet plan and have a similar goal! (Im eating around 1350cals and perhaps burning off 100-300 cals each day and also cooking a LOT to keep myself entertained and eating well :lol: ) to this I should add I am running on a student budget so would be very keen to swap ideas for cheap good food to cook :D

Bjam

Hi Bjam! I'm also a student and on a really tight budget so I know how hard it is! I guess I don't really use actual recipes but I do search online alot for new recipe ideas and then modify them for me. I have found that the weight watchers forums (I'm not on WW, but you can still read the posts) have some good recipe/meal ideas from people. I find it's easiest to find ways to bulk up my meals with cheapish vegies so that I feel full for little calories. I made a vegie soup last week that just consisted of a whole lot of vegies (broccoli, cauli, celery, cabbage, carrots etc) flavoured with some garlic, hebs and chicken broth. I was actually really filling and I could eat a big bowl of it with a couple of slices of multigrain bread and be really full for ages. i'm not the hugest fan of vegies (and I hate celery) so i was suprised I liked it so much! It cost me maybe $15 for all of the ingredients and I got 8 serves out of it.
I also buy lean meats (which are a bit more expensive than cheaper cuts) and make them go further by putting them into casseroles with heaps of vegies. I like to make meals that I can get a few serves out of because I have really long days at uni and if I come home hungry it's easy just to reheat something healthy than cook something healthy. Things like chickpeas and lentils are pretty cheap but a good way to bulk up meals too. And really, I just keep an eye out for specials!

Ultimate Goal = 58kg!!
bestinred

Postby bestinred » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:46 am

Weighed in this morning and I'm down to 77.4kg! So that's a loss of 800g this week! Pretty happy with that although I know I could have done a bit better...

The last couple of days I've been just really not hungry. Which is good I guess. I've actually struggled a bit to eat enough, I really don't want to go into starvation mode... Although exams start next week so I'm sure my hunger will come back. Really hoping I can break my bad habit of snacking while studying!

I'll take my measurements again next week but I know that a couple of pairs of my jeans are definately looser!

Just so happy that this weight is finally coming off!

Ultimate Goal = 58kg!!
bestinred

Postby bestinred » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:30 pm

Just wanted to say that I am sitting here wearing a pair of jeans that I haven't worn since 2007! Theyr'e a pair that I have kept because I loved them and have always wanted to one day fit back into them, and now I can!

I wasn't even considering trying them on just yet but today is laundry day and all my other decent pairs of jeans were on the line, I needed a decent pair of jeans to wear to uni and found these and thought I'd give them a try - just for interest sake... And they fit! I didn't even struggle to do the zip and top button up, they went on perfectly!

This has seriously made my day, just had to share :D

Ultimate Goal = 58kg!!
bestinred

Postby bestinred » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:35 am

Ok, I know I shouldn't really have done this... but I weighed myself again this morning... Yesterday I was really expecting to have lost more than I did and I just 'felt fat' yesterday which made me think that maybe I was holding onto some water weight. So I decided to weigh myself again today to see if there was any change and I weighed in at 76.7kg!! That's a loss of 0.7kg since yesterday which isn't really possible so i must have been holding onto some water weight yesterday. This makes me feel much better, I worked really really hard this past week and this means that I lost 1.5kg over the week, now that's more like it!

Ultimate Goal = 58kg!!
bestinred

Postby bestinred » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:22 am

I've had a couple of weeks away from these boards because I had exams. I also had a couple of weeks away from the scales and as always during exams I wasn't eating as well as I would have liked.... But, I've lost weight! My last exam was yesterday and so I weighed myself this morning, I am 75.5kg! That's a loss of 1.2kg over the two weeks of exams. I am thrilled with this! I am also really proud of myself for not eating really badly due to stress. Usually I do... this time last year I was eating whole blocks of chocolate and whole packets of Tim Tams and making excuses for it because I was stressed, and making things like nachos for dinner because it was easy...

This semester the stress levels were definately no less (7 exams in 9 days :shock: ) but I stuck within my daily calorie budget on most days and I am happy to say I haven't eaten or even bought any junk like chocolate or chips. I've even stopped my late night eating whilst studying at my desk. I don't even crave a late night snack anymore, it has actually really suprised me!

Getting stuck back into from today. Expect to see even more weight lost this time next week!

Ultimate Goal = 58kg!!
bestinred

Postby CronicBadger » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:44 pm

You're doing well, and you're right - it definitely is a good feeling when old, formerly too small clothes become wearable again.

It's also good to see you've also experienced but not given up because of those seemingly wildly unexpected weight swings that occur over days or even hours. It's mostly due to water and food bulk retention, less to do with actual fat production or loss. Over time it all averages out, so if a person has been eating correctly (on average) then fat will be lost. It's simple physics and there's no magic or unexplainable processes in involved that can change the fact that consuming less food energy than the body requires will cause the body to gradually (and grudgingly) draw upon its fat reserves.

Anyway, it's great to see a fellow traveller on the weight-loss journey hit their stride and see measurable results and benefits of their efforts to change. Keep up the good work, BestInRed.
CronicBadger

Postby bestinred » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:13 am

I didn't get to weigh in last week but I weighed in this morning at 74.9kg! So that's a loss of 600g in about 12 days which I'm pretty happy with considering there's been a bit of snacking, junk food, and alcohol in the last week or so. Also have slacked off with the exercise a bit... But that little bit of weight off has motivated me again and I'm back into it as of today!

Ultimate Goal = 58kg!!
bestinred

Postby bestinred » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:01 am

Well I weigh 74.5kg. I would have liked more of a loss but I guess I haven't been eating that well. I have been at the snow the past few days skiing all day so I did expect more of a loss though... I'm getting a little disheartened to be honest. I've now lost 9.6kg and not one person has noticed. Not that I'm doing this for anyone else or that I really want them to notice, but it just seems that with all this hard work and weight lost I look no different to anyone else...

But I can't let that stop me! I have been really close to blowing it all during this past week but have stuck with it even though it's been so hard. Uni starts again on monday so I'm back in a regular timetable and working most afternoons, this is good - structure like class, work, study makes it easier for me to eat proper meals. I made a weight watchers potato, leek and bacon soup yesterday which is really yummy, filling and warm :)

There are exactly 9 weeks until I will see my family again at a wedding and I'd like to have lost about 4kg by then, my reward to myself will be a nice dress for the wedding :D Just need to stay motivated!

Ultimate Goal = 58kg!!
bestinred

Next

Return to Weekly Weigh In