It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:22 am

Free Newsletter

Weighing in...

Weigh in each week here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Weighing in...

Postby Hanhan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:21 am

Great Job Bestinred, I've just read your thread and your little loses seem to be adding up! You're doing it the healthy way, so don't be disheartened and four kgs in 9 weeks is doable, good luck :)
*Back on the wagon after a bit of a backslide*

Mini Goals:
105kg - 17/05/12
100kg - 17/06/12
97kg - 17/07/12
95kg - 17/08/12
92kg - 17/09/12
90kg - 17/10/12
Hanhan

Postby Slimming to multiply » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi BestinRed,

I totally know how you feel when you say you have lost that much weight and no one has noticed. I find that because I'm tall I can lose 10kgs or more before anyone really notices, and when someone finally asks me they can't believe I have lost that much (but that's because I guess on a tall heavier person 10kgs can look like nothing).

In saying that though if you have lost the weight over a long period of time it wouldn't be as obvious compared to losing it in a few short weeks.
Regardless of the reason why people haven't noticed you have done a fantastic job - don't let other people get you down.

You obviously have great determination so use it and keep going until you reach your goals. Just remember why you are doing this and how much better you feel already.

YOU CAN DO IT! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjJakJc/]

First mini goal is to reach 110kgs - achieved November 2011
Second mini Goal is to reach 105kgs -
Slimming to multiply

Postby ganymede » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:00 pm

Hey Best, you are absolutely smashing this, woohoo, go you! :)

I have found that even though I've lost of 10kg now too that only a couple of people have said anything about it as well. Some days it does make me a bit sad, like, is there really not that much difference? But I know there is and maybe part of it is them not wanting to bring it up, maybe they think you wouldn't want to talk about it or that it isn't something they should say. Some people are strange like that and don't want to hurt feelings or offend.

OR maybe they're just jealous :mrgreen: Either way you are doing a fantastic job, no doubt about it! Can't wait til I'm down that much!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby bestinred » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:13 pm

Thanks guys. I needed that!

This week hasn't been great. I've been eating most of my daily calorie limit each day but have only exercised 2 days this week. No excuses, it's just been cold and I've been lazy. But yesterday was really really bad. I ate out for lunch and dinner and didn't put a thought into what I ate, so I didn't even add up the calories, and I'm just going to try and forget about it.

Today has been better. I ate much better. But still didn't get to exercise on account of waking up feeling like death and feeling pretty lousy all day. I shouldn't really be suprised that after one day of eating crap I'd wake up sick...

I just need motivation! What do you guys do to motivate yourselves when it all just seems like too much hard work?

Ultimate Goal = 58kg!!
bestinred

Postby Slimming to multiply » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:23 pm

I'm sure you haven't done too much damage from that one day especially seeing you went back to healthy eating the next day. Try not to beat yourself up about it, so what? You had a couple of really indulgent meals and really enjoyed it and that's that. That's all it needs to be, if you upset yourself by guilting about it you will make yourself feel worse which may lead to more junk food, it's a vicious cycle.

I always try to remember why it is I am doing this in the first place, how it felt at my turning point which encouraged me to embark on this journey.

You are also at a stage where you can look back to see how far you have come. If you give up now you will feel far worse than you do now after a few calorie rich meals.

When I feel like this I also think back to a time where my weight has held me back or made me feel really bad about myself I let myself feel that way again, then I imagine how I will feel when I'm in that situation again at my goal weight and how much of a positive experience it would be - anyway you get the idea but you have to find something that works for you.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjJakJc/]

First mini goal is to reach 110kgs - achieved November 2011
Second mini Goal is to reach 105kgs -
Slimming to multiply

Postby bestinred » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:27 pm

Well I've gained. 75.4kg this morning. It was inevitable... I'd been avoiding the scales just so that I could remain oblivious to it. But this morning I hopped on them to see the damage.

I've just been making really bad choices lately. I guess it's just been easier.

But I really want to be in the 60's by the time I see my family next (even if it's only 69.9) in about 6 weeks time. I know that if I really focus I can do it but I just seem to be really struggling to find that focus and motivation. I'm moving house at the moment and while packing this morning I found an old pair of shorts that I used to love. I probably wore these shorts for the whole summer of 07/08... And I remember them getting tighter as the summer went on... So I put them on this morning, and they fit quite comfortably! That has helped me get a little more motivation! By this summer I want those shorts to be too big on me :D

I've started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred again. Previously I haven't made it more then 9 days in a row on level 1... But I am determined to do it this time! It's a good quick workout that I can do at home in my own time. That added to walking each day should help me get into the 60's!

Ultimate Goal = 58kg!!
bestinred

Previous

Return to Weekly Weigh In